Kopra Ridge Trekking
Trek Duration : 14 Days
Maximum Altitude : 3,660 m
Grade : Moderate
Best Time : Sep-Dec and Feb to Jun
Group Size : 1-12
Mode of Trip : Lodges / Tea-House
Nepali trekking scene is definitely getting more exciting as newer routes are being added and Kopra Ridge Trek is one of them. This route will definitely give other popular treks a run for their money. Specially Ghorepani (2874 m) and Poon Hills (3210 m) are two names in the Annapurna Circuit which has been the byword for viewing the stunning Himalayas like Mt Dhaulagiri (8167 m) and Annapurna range. Not anymore. Kopra Ridge trek has slowly been gaining popularity and it has only been recently opened for trekking.
The route has been developed keeping in mind the shorter trek for people who don’t want to take long trial and who don’t have time. Though the start might be the same as that of Annapurna Circuit, it takes a different route after a couple of days and for the next few days Kopra Ridge (3660 m) will be your ultimate destination. The new trail is less crowded than Annapurna Circuit too and seeing majestic Himalayas including Nilgiri (7061 m) and Bara Shikhar (7647 m) from the ridge is certainly worth it. Many trekking companies might have their own route and itinerary but all will eventually end at Kopra Ridge which is also called ‘Kopra dada’ in Nepali, meaning a Kopra hill (the details of the route can be had in the itinerary).
The trek passes through quaint Gurung and Magar villages, clear mountain streams and terraced fields which are the hallmarks of the Himalayan foothills. Indigenous people living here offer an opportunity to see their way of life which has been unchanged and passed on from generation to generation. The same people have also made a name for themselves as brave Gurkhas.
Another aspect of the trek is that you might be staying in lodges and homes of the local community that is sometimes called home-stay which has gained popularity in recent days. This goes on to benefit the local community by giving them an opportunity to make extra income other than farming. In places which lack these facilities you could be staying in local teahouses or tented camps prepared by our own staff and meals prepared by our cooks.
- Arrive in Kathmandu and transfer to hotel.
- Drive to Pokhara By Bus/ Car/Van
- Drive to Napaul- Trek to Ghandruk, (1940m) 4 hrs
- Trek to Tadapani, (2630m) 4 hrs
- Trek to Bayali Kharka, (3420m) 5 hrs
- Trek to Chistibung, (2975m) 5 hrs
- Trek to Kopra Ridge, 3660m, 4 hrs
- Trek to Swanta Village, (2200m) 5 hrs
- Trek to Ghorepani ( 2840m) 5 Hrs
- Trek to Tirkhedhunga (1,500m) 5 hours walk.
- Trek to Nayapul or Bhirethati and drive to Pokhara.
- Drive back to Kathmandu afternoon free at leisure.
- International departure homeward bound.
At Kathmandu Tribhuvan International Airport you will be well received by AGH guide and staff for transfer to your hotels in the hub of Kathmandu city, after getting refreshed our guide / leader briefs of Annapurna Circuit trek, hotels, lodge, includes responsible trekking with welcome dinner in a nice Nepali restaurant includes culture programs.
After Breakfast you will be driving east to Pokhara (815 m) on a tourist couch or a private vehicle and you will be staying overnight in a hotel before your start of your trek the very next day. Your meal will be taken care by the same hotel.
Drive to Nayapul (1070 m) after breakfast before embarking on a journey to Ghandruk (1940 m) where you will be staying overnight in a teahouse and having your meals as well. This is actually the first day of your trek..
After a night at the picturesque Ghandruk you will be heading to Tadapani (2630 m) after breakfast where you will stay overnight at a teahouse with meals in the same place.
This day will get you to the second highest point of the trek, which is Bayeli Kharka (3420 m). You will also stay overnight here and be provided with meals along the way. .
After breakfast you will be trekking to Chistibung (2975 m) which is the last place before you reach your ultimate prize, the Kopra Ridge. You will stay overnight here and have your meal.
You will reach Kopra Ridge (3660 m) this day before the start of your return leg of the trek next day. Along with meals you will be staying here overnight for a panoramic view of the Himalayas which is what you have come here for after all.
After seeing the mountains for the last time from Kopra Ridge you will be preparing to return by heading to Swanta Village (2200 m), and stay overnight there too and have your meals along the way.
Your return journey will take you to another famous viewing place called Ghorepani (2855 m) this day from where you can see yet another clear view of the great Himalayas. You will stay here overnight and have your meals too.
This day will be marked by visiting Poon Hill (3210 m) which probably is the most famous place in the Annapurna Circuit to view the sunrise or sunset over the Himalayas in this area. You will however trek further down to Tikhedunga (1577 m) for the overnight stay. You will be having meals along the way.
This day will mark the end of your trekking as you will be heading back to Nayapul once again where you had started your trek almost 10 days before. You drive back to Pokhara and stay overnight there before heading to Kathmandu the next day.
After a marvelous time on high mountains and hills of Annapurna Himal, morning depart Pokhara after breakfast with overland drive back to Kathmandu.
(Flying options 30 mins by air to Kathmandu)
This is your final day in Nepal before heading to your respective countries. Our staff will drop you to the airport for your return flight.
- Airport/ Hotel/ Airport Transportation
- Three Nights Standard Hotel in Kathmandu including Breakfast.
- Two Nights Hotel in Pokhara including breakfast.
- 3 Meals a day (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during the trek
- All the Permit and Company necessary paper works
- All Ground transportation by Bus,Kathmandu to Pokhara and Kathmandu.
- All accommodations in lodges/tea houses during the treks.
- Trekking Guide: An experienced, helpful, friendly and English speaking Trekking guide , everything for him such as well paid Salary, Food, Drinks, Accommodation, Transportation and Insurance.
- Trekking porter: A porter carry your luggage. ( One porter for every 2 members, maximum load is 25 Kg)
- One night standard accommodation in Pokhara.
- Arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service which will be paid by your Travel insurance company.
- Trekking equipment: Sleeping bag, down jackets, Duffel bag .
- Adventure Certificate.
- Medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- All government taxes.
- Service charge.
- Nepal entry visa fee (you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport Kathmandu).
- Travel insurance.Emergency rescue Evacuation
- Lunch Dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- All the bar bills like coke, beer, bottle of water, hot water etc.
- International airfare
- Tips for the guide and porter.
Related activities in New Trekking Trails In Nepal
Langtang Valley and Tamang Heritage Trek is to explore and experience Tamang culture and heritage near Tibetan border through Langtang Valley. The trek is to get untouched cultural practice of Tibetan…