Trek Duration : 8 Days
Mode of Trip : Tea House / Lodge
Grade : Moderate
Maximum Altitude : 4,195 m
Best Time : September / December And March to Jun
Group Size : 2+
Unparalleled Mountain View,
One of the Best Short ABC Trek
The 8 Days Annapurna Base camp trek is the Shortest Trekking route in Annapurna. Probably it is best Itinerary for those people who has limit time and want to reach in base camp of Mt Annapurna.the tenth Highest Peak in the world.
A quick 8-Days Annapurna Base Camp Trek, (ABC Trek) without any doubt, is one of the best short treks in the world. Even before you set your foot on the trail you will witness Himalayas which look so close as to almost touch it with your hands. As your trek progresses, the Himalayas get even closer. One of the most iconic mountains of Nepal known by the name Machapuchre (6993 m) is there to welcome you from the very first day.
8 Day Annapurna Base camp Trek begins from scenic flight from Kathmandu to Pokhara and drive to matque and continue trek to Base camp. The trekking passes through villages and settlements, which itself are like a living museum, still retaining their centuries old tradition and social structures. By the second day of the trek you will increasingly be leaving behind sub tropical vegetation and entering temperate weather but the sight of the majestic Himalayas will make it worth it. On the third day you will finally reach your goal—Annapurna Base Camp. You will be surrounded by some of the highest mountains in the world once your reach this place like Annapurna I (8091 m) Annapurna III (7555 m) Annapurna South (7219 m) as well as Annapurna fang also called Barha Shikhara and Machapuchre (6993 m).
Within the span of just three days you will be crossing three climate zones chiefly subtropical, temperate and cold zones and this itself is rare in the world occurring in such short distance. It is one of the quickest treks in the Annapurna where you will be reaching the base camp of the tenth highest mountain Annapurna in just three days. The whole trek finishes in just eight days—from landing in Nepal to landing back in your country.
8 Day Annapurna Base camp Trek Itinerary
Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu.
Day 02: Fly to Pokhara (860 m)/drive to Matque/trek to Chemrong (1951 m) – 6 hrs.
Day 03: Trek from Chomrong to Himalaya (2,920 m., 6 hours).
Day 04: Trek from Himalaya to ( ABC) Annapurna Base Camp (4, 095 m., 6 hours).
Day 05: Trek from Base Camp to Bamboo (2,050 m., 6 hours).
Day 06: Trek from Bamboo to Jhinu Danda (1,700 m., 6 hours).
Day 07: Trek from Jhinu Danda to Matque, then take a ride to Pokhara- Fly Kathmandu. (4-hour trek and 2-hour drive)
Day 08: Departure From Nepal
- Arrive in Kathmandu.
- Fly to Pokhara (860 m)/drive to Matque/trek to Chemrong (1951 m) – 6 hrs.
- Trek from Chomrong to Himalaya (2,920 m., 6 hours).
- Trek from Himalaya to ( ABC) Annapurna Base Camp (4, 095 m., 6 hours).
- Trek from Base Camp to Bamboo (2,050 m., 6 hours).
- Trek from Bamboo to Jhinu Danda (1,700 m., 6 hours).
- Trek from Jhinu Danda to Matque, then take a ride to Pokhara- Fly Kathmandu. (4-hour trek and 2-hour drive)
- Departure From Nepal
At Kathmandu Tribhuvan International Airport, our representative will welcome you and transfer to your hotel in the hub of Kathmandu city. After getting refresh our guide or leader will brief you about the trip and all plan. In the evening, enjoy our welcome dinner in a nice Nepali restaurant with the cultural performance programs.
You will fly to Pokhara on this day ride for four hours to Kilyu via Nayapul along the Modi River the same day. After reaching Matque the trek begins in earnest and you will travel through the Jhinu forest and then walk uphill climbing for an hour to reach on top of Chomrong village. After a short downhill trek you will reach the main village for the overnight stay. The village also is the last permanent settlement comprising of Gurung people before you reach Annapurna Base Camp and the Sanctuary as some call it.
This day trekking trail follows Chhomrong River and ascends for some elevation. On the route, we cross through rhododendron forest and reach Dovan. The picturesque view of the natural beauty follows us while we trek. Remaining afternoon and the evening is to wander around Dovan. We spend a night in Himalaya Hotel. Overnight at Lodge.
After having your hot breakfast, the trekking trail continues to Annapurna Base Camp. The area is known as Annapurna Sanctuary which is covered with lofty mountains. The area gives an astonishing view of Annapurna I, Annapurna South and Barah Shikhar. We spend night in a guest house dined with potato soup and traditional Gurung bread which is specially for preventing from effects of cold. Overnight at Lodge
After a grand time at Annapurna Sanctuary and Base Camp, morning walk on the downhill path all the way to Deurali, then with few ups and downs with gradual winding trail in the serene forest and back to the tree lines to Bamboo for the overnight stay.
From here a short steep up to Khuldi Ghar, then on the winding downhill path
Through the dense forest to Sinuwa danda. From here, walk descends to Chomrong Khola. After the bridge, an uphill walk for less than an hour reaching at Chomrong village for rest stop or lunch, after Chomrong with another up for half hour to the top of Chomrong ridge, then our route descends to Jhinu Danda, for overnight stay, this place offers refreshing hot springs just 20 minutes walk downhill near Modi River.
This is the last day of your trek which means you will be heading to Matque from Jhinu to end your trek. As you reach Matque your vehicle will be waiting for you to take you back to the Pokhara Airport so that you can fly back to Kathmandu.
Our representative will transfer you to Kathmandu International Airport for your way back to your country.
- Round trip airport transfer (Airport – Hotel – Airport)
- 2 nights at 2-3 Star hotel in Kathmandu, including breakfast and Wi-Fi.
- Your standard meals during the trek (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner)
- All Permit and necessary paper works
- Flight Ticket from Kathmandu to Pokhara to Kathmandu .
- Pokhara/ Matque and back to Pokhara by Jeep.
- All accommodations in lodges/tea houses during the treks.
- Trekking Guide: An experienced, helpful, friendly, and English speaking trekking guide (including his well-paid salary, insurance, meals, drinks, accommodation, transportation, etc.)
- Trekking Porters: Carry your Luggage (One Porter for every two clients)
- 2 nights at 2-3 star Hotel accommodation in Pokhara, including breakfast and Wi-Fi
- Arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service which will be paid by your Travel insurance company.
- Adventure Certificate. Trekking Map,
- Medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- All Government Taxes and Service Charge.
- Nepal entry visa fee (you may easily obtain Visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport – Kathmandu).
- Your travel insurance.
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
- International airfare and airport departure tax.
- All bar bills and personal expenses (phone call, laundry service, battery recharge, bottle of water, hot water, hot/cold shower, pot of tea, coffee etc.)
- Tips for guide and porter.