Gokyo Valley and Everest Base Camp Trek Via Cho La Pass
Mode of Trip : Tea-House/ Lodge
Trek Grade : Challenging
Highest elevation : 5,545 m.
Trek Duration : 18 Days
Best Time : Sep To Dec and Feb to May
Group Size : 2-12
$ 1400 USD
Gokyo Valley and Everest Base Camp Trek via Cho La pass is a fascinating and most scenic adventure destination around high Khumbu of Everest Region. Adventure Great Himalaya presents this exclusive trekking where you can immersion to fabulous views of the world highest mountains from Mt. Everest-Lhotse-Makalu to Cho-Oyu with other adjoining peaks.
This beautiful Everest Base Camp and Gokyo Lake Trek leads you around best part of high Everest area with serene lovely alpine forest of rhododendron, pines, oaks and birch tree lines to remorseless fields if ice and moraines of Khumbu glaciers.
After a great scenic flight from Kathmandu to Lukla, walking on scenic trail past nice villages of Phakding and Mono to reach famous Namche Bazaar, the main town and capital of Khumbu around Everest region.
From here heading high to picturesque Gokyo Lake with a climb to Gokyo Ri for stunning views of mountains and then heading towards Everest base camp crossing high Cho-la Pass to reach the other side of Khumbu area in complete wilderness for some days and then joining the mainstream trekking route to Everest Base Camp.
Our return journey leads back to Lukla with climb to scenic Kalapathar for marvelous views of mountains that surround this top black rock ridge with Everest at the closest.
The Gokyo Valley and Everest Base Camp Trek completes with a sweeping flight to Kathmandu after an experience of a life time adventure.
- Arrival in Kathmandu. Our representative will meet you at the airport and transfer to hotel.
- Take morning flight from Kathmandu to Lukla (2,830 m.) and trek to Phakding (2,640 m., 4-hour trek).
- Trek from Phakding to Namche Bazaar (3,440 m., 5-hour trek).
- Rest day at Namche Bazaar for acclimatization and excursion.
- Trek from Namche Bazaar to Dole (4,110 m., 6-hour trek).
- Trek from Dole to Machherma (4,470 m., 4-hour trek).
- Trek from Machherma to Gokyo Valley (4,490 m., 4-hour trek).
- Acclimation day in Gokyo Valley. Hike to Gokyo Ri (5, 357 m.)
- Trek from Gokyo Valley to Thangna (4,700 m., 4-hour trek)
- Trek from Thagna to Chola Pass (5,330 m.) and trek to Dzongla (4,830 m., 7-hour trek)
- Trek from Dzonga to Lobuche and continue to Gorakshep (5,100 m., 5-hour trekk)
- Trek from Gorakshep to Everest Base Camp (5,354 m.) and return to Goraksheph (5,100 m., 6-hour trek)
- Early morning, hike to Kalapathar (5,545 m.,) and trek to Pheriche (4,240 m., 5-hour trek).
- Trek from Pheriche to Namche Bazaar (3,440 m., 6-hour trek)
- Trek from Namche Bazaar to Lukla (2,800 m., 6-hours)
- Take flight back to Kathmandu
- Free day, in case of flight cancellation from Lukla
- Transfer to the airport and departure from Nepal
At Kathmandu Tribhuvan International Airport you will be welcomed by our AGH representative and transfer to your hotels in the hub of Kathmandu city, after getting refresh, our leader will brief you about your trekking, hotels, lodge on route walk as well do and don’t regarding responsible trekking. In the evening, enjoy our welcome dinner in a nice Nepali restaurant with entertainment of folk culture programs.
Taking a morning flight to Lukla with views of mountains including Everest on this 40 minutes flight to Lukla. Take a short break in Lukla and then start first day walk to Phakding village. Walk leads through farm villages with few short ups overlooking beautiful scenery along the trail to Phakding for overnight stop.
After a pleasant stop at Phakding, morning walk leads across bridge over Dudh Kosi River and then past interesting villages of Toc-Toc, Bhenkar and Monjo to reach at Sagarmatha National Park entrance gate.
From here walking on river side for few hours, after crossing the last high bridge an uphill walk to famous Namche Bazaar where you can find all types of facilities from nice restaurant, pubs, cyber café, post office, and banks.
An ideal place for rest day and acclimatization before heading higher country, here one can take a short hike to Everest View Hotel or walk to Namche view point above Sagarmatha National Park museum for super views of Everest, Ama Dablam and adjoining peaks, and visit of museum.
From here onward into Gokyo area, first hour an easy walk to Kyangima near Shanasa, chances of spotting some wildlife colorful Danphe (Impeyan Pheasant) National bird of Nepal and musk deer, including Himalayan Thar (mountain goat). From here our route diverts north with steep climb to Mong ridge at 3,973 meters.
After Mong downhill walk to Dudh Kosi at Phortse Thanghka, and then climb to Dole for overnight stop.
After Dole, walk along the valley on level path for an hour to Lhabarma Kharka at 4,325 m. and to Luza at 4,390 m. then walk around ridge line with first glimpse of Machherma, located below a small valley, finally reaching at Machherma for lunch and overnight stop.
Morning walk leads to Gokyo Lake following a scenic trail to Pangka 4,545 m., then climbing a rocky path into ablation valley passing the first lake and second lake, then reaching third lake called Dudh Pokhari or Gokyo Lake. Bank of the Lake a summer settlement of Gokyo at 4,790 meters, after lunch a short walk of the lake with view of Mt. Cho Oyo world’s 06th highest, and Gyachung Kang with reflection on emerald Gokyo Lake.
In the morning, hike to Gokyo Ri (5,357 m) where offers panorama of the world’s highest peaks from Mt. Cho Oyo, Gyachung Kang, Mt. Everest, Mt. Lhotse, Cholatse, Taweche and to the east rises Mt. Makalu. After a mesmerizing time at Gokyo Ri descend to Gokyo Valley. Overnight at Gokyo.
Today we have a short hike through og Glacier and take easy walk to Thangna.
Trekking of this day, climbs up to Chola Pass and descends to Dzongla. The ascending trail leads to Chola Pass (5,545 m.) from where the views of Lofty mountains including Mt. Everest, Mt. Ama Dablam, Mt. Cho Oyo, Mt. Lhotse, Mt. Nuptse (7,879 m.), Mt. Makalu, Mt. Cholaste, Mt. Tawache, Mt. Gyachung Kang and many other are very impressive. You can explore the surrounding area of Dzongla in the evening where we stay overnight.
On this day, we begin climbing from Dzongla and continue to Khumbu Glacier. The astonishing views of Tawache and Cholaste are eyes stacking. You can feel the high altitude because of extreme cold in Lobuche Village. The trekking leads above 5,000 m. to Gorakshep. Explore the surrounding in the afternoon and stay overnight in Gorakshep.
Today, walk leads to our destination and highlight of this adventure at Everest Base Camp, a moderate walk for few hours and then short steep climb over glacier and moraine to reach at Gorakshep located beneath Mt. Pumori and Kalapathar.
From here continue walk to Everest Base Camp following Khumbu glacier all the way to base camp. On reaching our main destination enjoy views of mssive Kuhmbu Ice Fall and glaciers.
After soaking with views of ice and mountains and completing dreams of lifetime experience, walk back to Goarkshep for overnight stop.
Early morning, hike to the top of Kalapathar at 5,545 meters, this will be the highest spot of the adventure, offering incredible views of mountains with Mt. Everest at closest. After a great moment return to Gorakshep for breakfast and continue trek to Thugla, and downhill to Pheriche on windy valley for overnight stop.
After a great time on high mountains descend to Imjatse River, and then a steep climb for an hour to Sanasa. From here with gradual walk with short up and downs to Namche Bazaar for overnight stop.
Morning walk leads back to Phakding and from here back to Lukla with last and final climb of this fabulous adventure, on reaching Lukla celebrate last night dinner with fellow trekkers and staff.
From Lukla, take early morning flight to Kathmandu, on reaching Kathmandu domestic airport our guide and staff transfer you back to your hotels with rest of the day free at leisure.
We keep this as a spare day in Kathmandu in case of flight delay or cancellation due to bad weather which happen sometimes, as Himalayan weather can be unpredictable if all goes well, you might be interested in sightseeing around Kathmandu, Patan or Bhaktapur.
Today, last day in this unique Nepal country of Himalayan wonders, after great adventure and experience to Everest Base Camp trekking and as your flight time
AGH representative will transfer you to Kathmandu airport for your international departure homeward bound or to your next port of call.
- Airport Transfer (Airport- Hotel – Airport) .
- Hotel in Kathmandu:-3 nights at 2-3 star hotel in Kathmandu, 24 Hour Hot Shower, Free Wi-Fi, Breakfast,
- Meals : Daily 3 Times Meals During The Trekking (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner)
- All Trekking permit , TIMS Card and all necessary paper works.
- Domestic flight Ticket from Kathmandu to Lukla to Kathmandu.
- All accommodations in lodges/tea houses during trekking.
- Trekking Guide: An experienced, helpful, friendly, and English speaking trekking guide (including his well-paid salary, insurance, meals, drinks, accommodation, transportation, flight, etc.)
- Trekking Porter: A strong Sherpa porter to carry your backpack.
- Trekking equipment: Sleeping bag and Down jacket. It is refundable after the trek.
- Arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service which will be paid by your Travel insurance company.
- Adventure Certificate and Trekking map.
- Company T-shirt
- Medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- All Government Taxes and Service Charge.
- International Airfare and Nepal entry visa fee
- Travel Insurance
- Lunch, Dinner in Kathmandu.
- All bar bills and personal expenses (phone call, laundry service, battery recharge, bottle of water, hot water, hot/cold shower, pot of tea, coffee etc.)
- Tips for guide and porter.