Island Peak Climbing
Island Peak Climbing (6173m.) also known as Imja Tse, climbing is challenging and technically difficult climbing. It is the extension of Lhotse Shar which is very popular for trekking trail that can be reached crossing Everest Base Camp.. The name of the peak is Island because it seems like an island from Dingboche. Being located on the top of Chhukung Glacier, the peak is very challenging for climbing. The difficult geographical landscape between Mt. Amadablam and Lhotse makes it challenging to reach the summit.
Island Peak Climbing Itinerary we desined includes Climbing Kalapather astonishing view of Mt. Everest, and Base Camp Of Mt Everest with enough acclimatization on the way due to high elevation.
Island Peak climb would be suitable for a climber visiting the Himalayas for the first time or keen hill walkers with previous mountaineering experience using crampons and ice axe.
The views from the top are superb including the south face of Lhotse and Ama Dablam. This mountain is a truly exhilarating climb with breathtaking scenery and with good weather it is not unusual for the whole group to reach the summit.
- Arrival in Kathmandu
- Fly to Lukla 2800m. trek to Phakding 2610m.
- Phakding to Namche Bazaar 3440m.
- Rest at Namche Bazaar
- Trek to Tengboche 3800m
- Tengboche Dingboche 4400m.
- Dingboche Rest
- Dingboche to Chukung 4730m. as approach island peak trek ( 3 hour)
- Chukung to Island peak Base camp at 5000m. ( 4 hour)
- Island Peak summit 6160m. back to Base Camp ( 8 hour)
- Base Camp Pangboche 4000m. ( 5 hour)
- Trek to Namche Bazaar 3440m, ( 5 hour)
- Namche to Lukla. 2800m,( 6 hour)
- Lukla to Kathmandu
- Free Day
- Departure from Nepal
- Arrival in Kathmandu
Upon your arrival outside the Kathmandu airport terminal, the airport representative will wait you to take you to the hotel taking around 20 minutes but you must check your name at play card. Overnight at hotel in Kathmandu.
- Fly to Lukla 2800m. trek to Phakding 2610m, 3 hourToday we will take an amazing flight from Kathmandu to Lukla (2827m) in the morning parallel to the huge Himalayan adjacent to Nepal and China. After 40 minutes, we will land in a runway and our caretaker will help us carry our belongings. Then we will walk down to the Dudh Kosi River, where we connect with the main path to Namche Bazaar. After moving all the way through the small area of Ghat (2550m), we will soon arrive at our tea house at Phakding.
- Phakding to Namche Bazaar 3440m. 6 hourToday, we start from Phakding and walk across the river to trek all the way through the area of rhododendron, blue pine forest and more which is really superb experience especially during the spring. We go crossways to the Dudh Kosi at Benkar and take pleasure from the scenes of snow-topped mountains Kusum Kanguru (6369m), Thamserku (6623m) and so on. The way then becomes fairly difficult and includes a perpendicular climb to Namche Bazaar. The will now walk through upstream on flat land, on the bank, to the fusion point of the Dudh Koshi and Bhote Koshi rivers. After crossing one of the suspension bridges above the river we will ascend to Namche Bazaar. We get the most amazing vivid opportunities of gigantic peaks -Everest, Lhotse, Nuptse, Ama Dablam, Taweche is visible. Overnight at hotel Namche Bazaar.
- Rest at Namche BazaarToday we will go around Namche Bazaar appropriate adaptation with the environment at the height. Namche is a prosperous village situated in a large protected hollow. And the amazing scene visible from here includes superb panorama of the Khumbu peaks and great views of Everest. Then, after having our breakfast, we can also walk towards Thami (3810m) over the amazing Bhote Khola River Valley or visit the national park headquarters to look at the strange displays of Sherpa culture and way of life.
- Trek to Tengboche 3800m, 5 hourWe will today descend down through the Khumjung community and move to the major path to Everest at Shanasa. We will walk further to Trashinga and then move down to go across the Dudh Koshi at Phunkitenga (3250m). In the daytime, it is a wide and vertical ascend through fir, black juniper, pine, rhododendron forest and reach Tengboche Monastery. Here we can see gigantic peaks AmaDablam, Kantega, Mount Everest etc. We stay at hotel in Tengboche tonight.
- Tengboche Dingboche 4400m, 5 hourWe will today slide down through the forest of birch, juniper, fir and rhododendron at Debuche. Here we only steady way up but due to the elevation we have to speed ourselves increasingly all the way through the day. After passing the Imja Khola, the trail heads to Pangboche where we can see the beautiful mountain of Ama Dablam. Then our route is to climb all the way through unwrapped alpine hillsides prior to another crossing of the Imja Khola and reach Dingboche.
- Rest day for Acclimation day.This is your acclimation day; hang around in Dingboche Village. Overnight Lodge.
- Dingboche to Chukung 4730m. as approach island peak trek, today we will walk to the Chhukhung Valley which is situated unswerving lower than a huge rock wall that connects Nuptse with Lhotse. From here, you will have magnificent views of Amadablam (6856 m.), definitely, the most photographed peak in Nepal.
- Chukung to Island peak Base camp at 5000m.We then walk beside the Imja Khola to reach Pareshaya Gyab, a pleasant place near by a small lake with very beautiful views of the Nuptse-Lhotse wall and Lhotse Glacier. Once we set our camp here you can keep you climbing stuff in order and get ready for your climb of the peak tomorrow.
- Island Peak summit 6160m. Back to Base Camp ( 8 hour)We will begin walking up today early in the morning to reach at the summit of Island peak. Here our walk becomes difficult once we arrive at the base of the sharp icefall beneath the peak. Great concern must be realized while going up the wall to come out on the periphery leading to the summit. After arriving at the summit, you will walk down to the Base Camp.
- Island peak To Base Camp Pangboche 4000m. ( 5 hour)
Today is easier walk to descend to the lower altitudes. Following the same route back as we came up.
- Pangboche To Namche Bazaar, 3440m, 5 hourThe track today will go down quite abruptly as we walk back to Namche Bazaar. To arrive at the camp and to reach our overnight spot, we will have a steep climb.
- Namche to Lukla. 2800m, 6 hourWe take our lunch in Phakding today and make the final way up to Lukla which becomes a surprise for the majority of the trekkers. We arrive at the airport in the early afternoon. Lukla is famous for celebrating end of the trek.
- Lukla to Kathmandu by FlightWe will wake up early in the morning and get ready for the entrance of our plane for returning back to Kathmandu. Then, we will transfer back to our hotel. Remaining day to explore in Kathmandu, overnight in hotel
- Free Day
Today is free day in case flight cancel from Lukla to Kathmandu.
- Fly back to your destinationOur airport representative will help you to reach Kathmandu International Airport for your way back to your country.
- Airport/Hotel/Airport transfer
- Three night’s 2** Star Hotel in Kathmandu.
- Your stander meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during the trekking.
- All Trekking & Climbing permit.
- Necessary Trekking, Climbing equipment
- Domestic Flight Ticket (Kathmandu to Lukla/ Kathmandu) / domestic airport Tax.
- All accommodations in lodges/tea houses during the treks.
- An experienced, helpful and friendly Trekking and Climbing Guide, porters
- Trek arrangements with tents, cook and porter/s. NMA Registered Climbing Guide for trek and climbing.
- Arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service which will be paid by your Travel insurance company.
- Medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- All government taxes.
- Service charge.
- Nepal entry visa and International flight ticket.
- Travel insurance.
- Lunch dinner in Kathmandu.
- Climbing boots.
- All Bar bills and personal expenses( phone call, laundry service, battery recharge, bottle of water, hot water, shower, pot of tea, coffee etc.
- Tips for the guide and porter.