Langtang Trek is a marvelous and scenic destination around Central Himalaya just North of Kathmandu of 32 k.m. aerial distance, The Langtang trek suitable for all people in a week holiday.
Langtang Trekking is an easy and short Treks that can be packed up within a weeks. It is one of the most popular trekking trails because you will have Stunning Mountain views and Several Glacier with Short hiking and does not require any training and experiences of mountain trekking as in other trekking trails and climbing.
The 8 Days wonderful journey langtang Trek start from Kathmandu with an interesting drive to Langtang area at Syabrubesi village, from here our walk follows high above hills and ridges past farmland and villages and into lovely forest to reach a wide and spectacular Langtang valley.
As you progress up the wide spread Kyanjin valley you are surrounded by snowy peaks from all four sides. The trail takes you up to Kyangin gompa at 3800 meters, where you get an opportunity to ascend Kyangjin Ri from where 360◦ mountain views are fantastic.The trek runs through sparsely populated areas and you can visit the yak cheese factory After an ascent of Kyanjin Ri.
Enjoy the views of mountains from Annapurna-Manaslu-Ganesh-Langtang to Jugal Himal range with spectacular scenery along the route.
After a grand time concluding Langtang Valley trek with a drive back to Kathmandu with wonderful services of Adventure Great Himalaya guides and staff.
Why Langtang Trek
- Climb to Kynjin Ri (4700m) Over Mountain View of Dorjelakpa (6990m, Langtang (7227m), Langtang Lirung (7200) and Ganesh himal
- Explore Sherpa Langtang Village
- Test of the Best Yak Cheese in Kyanjin Goumpa.
- Tamang settlements and Their Unique Culture
- Beauty of forest of rhododendron, pine, bamboo and juniper trees and other medical herbs too
- the flow of mountain-streams and cliff of rocks amuses for those who love nature and it’s magic
- varieties of rare wild life- Himali Black Bear, Red Panda, Langur
Best Time For Langtang Trek
Langtang Trekking is one of the preferred trekking destinations in Nepal. Before planing this trek, you should know the When is the Best Time for Langtang Trekking . This will let you experience the best with fewer difficulties. Trekking in Langtang Region is possible all year round. The valley looks stunning in all seasons. And every season has its typical splendor.
Best Time for Langtang Trek is Autumn (Sept to Nov) and Spring (March to May) are the most preferable seasons. The weather is warm, moderate, and stable. The average temperature on these seasons ranges from 10 to 15 degrees.
In such climates, you can enjoy the fondest part of nature. Especially in spring, the trails bloom in colorful rhododendrons and other wildflowers. While in autumn, you get the most beautiful views of mountains and valleys. There are no heavy rain and snowfall. So, you can enjoy the rejuvenating environment.
Also, these seasons are the peak time of the year. You will walk with many fellow travelers on trekking trails. Thus, you can opt for a safe & sound solo travel too. if you love trekking in less crowded locale, you can choose for the remaining seasons. With appropriate trekking gears, the Langtang trek is doable. Plus, you need to have strong physical and mental preparedness too.
Difficulties of Langtang Trek
Langtang Trekking is a famous trek with a moderate grade. Any trekkers with basic physical and mental fitness can go for this trek. Yet, there are many difficulties you might face on the way. It will help you prepare well if you can identify them beforehand. Following are the factors for Langtang Trek Difficulties:
- The foremost difficulty is Langtang Trek Route. The total walking distance of the trek is about 70-80 Kilometers. The trekking paths follow uphill climb most of the time. You must prepare to walk around 6-7 hours on such challenging terrains.
- The next aspect is the unpredictable weather and temperatures. Sometimes, there is a drastic change in weather and climatic condition.
- The major difficulty is the high-altitude and chances of getting AMS (Altitude Mountain Sickness). The vantage point of Langtang Trek is Kyanjin Ri, at 4773 meters. At such altitude, the amount of oxygen starts decreasing. As you head towards higher elevation, you may face altitude sickness.
Thus, to avoid such difficulty during the trek, you need to have a good preparation. Indulge yourself in several exercises at least a month ahead. Whilst on the trek, be careful while ascending uphill. Walk slow and try not to over stress your body. Drink plenty of water and keep your body hydrated.
In any case, if you suffer from AMS related symptoms like nausea, vomiting, shortness in
breathing, etc, descend immediately. Don’t forget to take related medications and proper care afterwards.
Food and Accommodation for Langtang Trekking
The standard of food and accommodation in the Langtang Region is basic. Every resting point has several tea houses providing ample services. However, the facilities may vary with the change in altitude. Most of the point, the tea house has additional facilities like gadget charging, Wi-Fi, hot showers, etc.
You will be staying in a normal room with two beds and a table. They will also provide bed-sheets, mattress, blanket, and pillows. Your room may or may not have an attached toilet. Every teahouse also has a big dining room with indoor heating. You can enjoy your meal and hang out there.
Regarding food, dal bhat is common. They will serve it with available seasonal vegetables. You can add-on this food as much as you can consume. It will cost the same price. Besides, the menu also has western items like pizza, spaghetti, toast, soup, noodles, pasta, and macaroni. However, the price of these items may vary accordingly.
Langtang Trek route
Langtang Region is quite close to Kathmandu. You will travel vis a bus or a jeep to Syabrubesi. This is the starting point of your trek. You travel through several narrow and graveled roads this day. This trip will take about 8-9 hours. There are various routes to reach Syabrubesi. You will either take the route from Tokha or Galchhi.
After the trip to Syabrubesi, you will start to trek. After reaching Syabrubesi, we hike towards Lama Hotel on the first day. Langtang trekking trails will be passing through magnificent forests, alpine pastures, and meadows. You will then reach Kyanjin Gompa via Mundu and Langtang Valley.
The majority of Trekkers spend an extra day at Kyanjin Gompa and discover Kyanjin Ri. Kyangjin Ri is popular for its 360-degree panorama of the Langtang range. Then, you will retrace your way back to Syabrubesi again. Finally, you will drive back to Kathmandu.
Langtang Trekking Permit
Trekking to Langtang, you will need two Types of Permit, The One is TIMS Permit , It cost USD 20 and another is for Langtang National Park Entry Permit, which cost USD 28 per person, It is available in Nepal Tourism Board, Kathmandu. Or, you can buy them at the entry point in Dhunche.
You also have to pay Shivapuri National Park Entrance Fee if you follow the Helambu Trail.
Langtang Trek Itinerary
Cost Include/ Exclude
- Airport/ Hotel/ Airport Transportation
- 2 Nights 3 Star Hotel in Kathmandu Including Breakfast ( Hotel Kailas Kuttee and Similar)
- Meals: 3 meals a day during the trek (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner)
- Hot Drinks : Tea / Coffee
- seasonable Fresh Fruit – Apple, banana etc
- Trekking Permit: Langtang Conservation fees, TIMS permit and Company necessary paper works
- Transpiration: Kathmandu to Syabrubensi and returned Kathmandu by Comfort Jeep.
- All Lodge / tea house accommodation
- Trekking Guide: An experienced, English speaking Trekking guide
- Trekking Porter – Carry your luggage ( One porter for 2 Members) weight limit 10 kg per person
- Guide , Porter insurance
- Adventure Certificate, Company T-shirt
- Medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- All government taxes.
- Service charge.
- International airfare and Nepal entry visa fee
- Lunch and Dinner Kathmandu
- All the bar bills like coke, beer, bottle of water, hot water etc.