Trip Duration : 10 Days
Trek Grade : Moderate
Highest elevation : 3,870 m
Activities : Trekking/ Hiking
Best Time : Sep/Dec and Feb/ Jun
$ 550 USD
Langtang Trek is a marvelous and scenic destination around Central Himalaya just North of Kathmandu of 32 k.m. aerial distance, Langtang valley trek suitable for all people in a week holiday.
Langtang valley Trekking is an easy and short trail that is why the trek to Langtang valley can be packed up within a weeks. It is one of the most popular trekking trails because you will have Stunning Mountain views and Several Glacier with Short hiking and does not require any training and experiences of mountain trekking as in other trekking trails and climbing.
The 8 days Langtang Hiking trip In Nepal Starting this wonderful journey from Kathmandu with an interesting drive to Langtang area at Syabrubesi village, from here our walk follows high above hills and ridges past farmland and villages and into lovely forest to reach a wide and spectacular Langtang valley.
Enjoy the views of mountains from Annapurna-Manaslu-Ganesh-Langtang to Jugal Himal range with spectacular scenery along the route.
After a grand time concluding Langtang Valley trek with a drive back to Kathmandu with wonderful services of Adventure Great Himalaya guides and staff.
Highlight of Langtang Trek
- Climb to Kynjin Ri (4700m) Over Mountain View of Dorjelakpa (6990m, Langtang (7227m), Langtang Lirung (7200) and Ganesh himal
- Test of the Best Yak Cheese in Kyanjin Goumpa.
- Tamang settlements and Their Unique Culture
- Beauty of forest of rhododendron, pine, bamboo and juniper trees and other medical herbs too
- the flow of mountain-streams and cliff of rocks amuses for those who love nature and it’s magic
- varieties of rare wild life- Himali Black Bear, Red Panda, Langur
Best Time For Langtang Trek
Langtang Trek is one of the preferred trekking destinations in Nepal. Before planing this trek, you should know the When is the Best Time . This will let you experience the best with fewer difficulties. Trekking in Langtang Region is possible all year round. The valley looks stunning in all seasons. And every season has its typical splendor.
Best Time for Langtang Trek is Autumn (Sept to Nov) and Spring (March to May) are the most preferable seasons. The weather is warm, moderate, and stable. The average temperature on these seasons ranges from 10 to 15 degrees.
In such climates, you can enjoy the fondest part of nature. Especially in spring, the trails bloom in colorful rhododendrons and other wildflowers. While in autumn, you get the most beautiful views of mountains and valleys. There are no heavy rain and snowfall. So, you can enjoy the rejuvenating environment.
Also, these seasons are the peak time of the year. You will walk with many fellow travelers on trekking trails. Thus, you can opt for a safe & sound solo travel too. if you love trekking in less crowded locale, you can choose for the remaining seasons. With appropriate trekking gears, the Langtang trek is doable. Plus, you need to have strong physical and mental preparedness too.
Difficulties of Langtang Trek
Langtang Trek is a famous trek with a moderate grade. Any trekkers with basic physical and mental fitness can go for this trek. Yet, there are many difficulties you might face on the way. It will help you prepare well if you can identify them beforehand. Following are the factors for Langtang Trek Difficulties:
- The foremost difficulty is Langtang Trek Route. The total walking distance of the trek is about 70-80 Kilometers. The trekking paths follow uphill climb most of the time. You must prepare to walk around 6-7 hours on such challenging terrains.
- The next aspect is the unpredictable weather and temperatures. Sometimes, there is a drastic change in weather and climatic condition.
- The major difficulty is the high-altitude and chances of getting AMS (Altitude Mountain Sickness). The vantage point of Langtang Trek is Kyanjin Ri, at 4773 meters. At such altitude, the amount of oxygen starts decreasing. As you head towards higher elevation, you may face altitude sickness.
Thus, to avoid such difficulty during the trek, you need to have a good preparation. Indulge yourself in several exercises at least a month ahead. Whilst on the trek, be careful while ascending uphill. Walk slow and try not to over stress your body. Drink plenty of water and keep your body hydrated.
In any case, if you suffer from AMS related symptoms like nausea, vomiting, shortness in breathing, etc, descend immediately. Don’t forget to take related medications and proper care afterwards.
Food and Accommodation at Langtang Trek
The standard of food and accommodation in the Langtang Region is basic. Every resting point has several teahouses providing ample services. However, the facilities may vary with the change in altitude. Most of the point, the teahouse has additional facilities like gadget charging, Wi-Fi, hot showers, etc.
You will be staying in a normal room with two beds and a table. They will also provide bed-sheets, mattress, blanket, and pillows. Your room may or may not have an attached toilet. Every teahouse also has a big dining room with indoor heating. You can enjoy your meal and hang out there.
Regarding food, dal bhat is common. They will serve it with available seasonal vegetables. You can add-on this food as much as you can consume. It will cost the same price. Besides, the menu also has western items like pizza, spaghetti, toast, soup, noodles, pasta, and macaroni. However, the price of these items may vary accordingly.
How to get Langtang Trek
Langtang Region is quite close to Kathmandu. You will travel vis a bus or a jeep to Syabrubesi. This is the starting point of your trek. You travel through several narrow and graveled roads this day. This trip will take about 8-9 hours. There are various routes to reach Syabrubesi. You will either take the route from Tokha or Galchhi.
After the trip to Syabrubesi, you will start to trek. You will trek to Lama Hotel on the first day. You will be walking through magnificent forests, alpine pastures, and meadows. You will then reach Kyanjin Gompa via Mundu and Langtang Valley. You can have an extra day at Kyanjin Gompa and discover Kyanjin Ri. here, you enjoy the 360-degree panorama of the Langtang range. Then, you will retrace your way back to Syabrubesi again. Finally, you will drive back to Kathmandu.
You also need some permits and a TIMS Card for Langtang Trek. You will require the Langtang National Park Entry Permit. It is available in Nepal Tourism Board, Kathmandu. Or, you can buy them at the entry point in Dhunche.
You also have to pay Shivapuri National Park Entrance Fee if you follow the Helambu Trail.
- Arrived in Kathmandu.
- Drive to Syabrubesi 1,460m- 07 hours.
- Trek to Lama Hotel 2,240m -06 hours.
- Trek to Langtang village 3,430m – 05 hours.
- Trek to Kyanjin Gompa 3,850m – 04 hours.
- Rest-Day for leisure for hike around.
- Trek back to Lama Hotel 2, 470m -06 hours.
- Trek back to Syabrubesi -06 hours.
- Drive back to Kathmandu – 06 hrs journeys.
- International departure homeward bound.
At Kathmandu Tribhuvan International Airport you will be well received by AGH guide and staff for transfer to your hotels in the hub of Kathmandu city, after getting refreshed our guide / leader brief of the trip to Langtang Valley, hotels, lodge, includes responsible trekking with welcome dinner in a nice Nepali restaurant with entertainment and culture programs.
Starting Langtang Valley trekking with drive on Nepal’s mountain highway to reach Langtang area at Syabrubesi village, journey leads past many farm villages and towns with views of mountains. On reaching Dhunche at 1,965m, a major town of Langtang area and Rasuwa district and an entrance of Langtang National Park. From here drive continues downhill for few hours to Syabrubesi village for overnight stop.
First day walk leads uphill for a while with rest of the walk on gradual and winding trail through terraced farms and villages, walk descend to join a path of upper Syabru near Riverside. From here another hour walk to reach a small forest clearing at Lama Hotel for overnight stop.
Morning walk follows Trisuli or Langtang River upstream, leading to a climb into rhododendron and oaks forest after few hours walk reaching at Ghoretabla in the middle of the forest.
After a nice stop continue walk for few hours to Langtang village through forest and crossing streams and leaving the tree line behind at Langtang village for overnight.
Langtang village mostly inhabited by Tamang and Bhotias tribe, morning walk leads on gradual path for a short while, then winds up for few hours coming across “mani-prayer wall”, walk leads further east where the gorge opens up into a wide scenic valley with views of peaks at close distance.
After a good walk of 3 hours reaching at Kyanjin Gompa, a beautiful place with panorama of mountains and close views of Langtang Lirung at above 7,000m with icefall, here in a nice lodge with afternoon free for short walk visit the cheese factory established some 25 years ago by Swiss Technical Assistance and local support.
A rest day to enjoy and marvel the super views, an ideal spot for leisure hike to nearby hill Kyanjin Ri at 4,700m high.
Around Langtang valley enjoy views of GhenguLiru (Langtang II 6571m / 21,560ft), Langtang Lirung (7,425m / 23,765ft) Kimshun (6,745m / 22,137ft) and Shalbachum (6,918m / 22,699ft) to the south, the ChimsedangLekh forms a ridge of peaks which includes Naya-Kanga 5,846m and Gangchempo, Tilman’s beautiful Fluted Peak.
Beyond it continues to the Jugal Himal, ending with Dorje Lakpa (6,980m / 22,929ft), extending further east on the upper meadows of the Langtang range ends in a huge and massive mountain wall, forming the border with Tibet.
After a great time at Kyanjin Gompa, return back on the same trail to Lama-Hotel a small settlement in the midst of the forest at the bank of upper Trisuli River.
Trek follows on same route all the way, after crossing bridge walk is pleasant through bamboo forest; on leaving the river walk downhill through farm terraces till Syabrubesi is reached for overnight stop.
Last day of this wonderful trekking concludes with an exciting drive down hill back to Kathmandu, in Kathmandu transfer to your hotels with free afternoon for individual activities.
Today, last day in unique Nepal of Himalayan wonders, after great adventure and experience around Langtang Valley trekking and as your flight time
AGH staff transfer you to Kathmandu airport for your international departure homeward bound or to your next port of call.
- Airport/ Hotel/ Airport Transportation
- Hotel in Kathmandu– Two Nights 2 Star Hotel in Kathmandu including Breakfast.
- Meals: 3 Times meals a day (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) During the trek
- Trekking Permit: Langtang Conservation fees, TIMS permit and Company necessary paper works
- Transpiration: Kathmandu to Syabrubensi and returned Kathmandu by Bus.
- All accommodations in lodges/tea houses during the treks.
- Trekking Guide: An experienced, helpful, friendly and English speaking Trekking guide , everything for him
- Trekking porter ( One Porter between 2 guest) their food, accommodation and well paid salary.
- Adventure Certificate, Company T-shirt
- Medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- All government taxes.
- Service charge.
- Nepal entry visa fee (you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport Kathmandu).
- Travel insurance.Emergency rescue Evacuation
- Lunch and Dinner Kathmandu
- All the bar bills like coke, beer, bottle of water, hot water etc.
- International airfare
- Tips for the guide and porter.
Reviews of Langtang Trek
Related activities in Best Trekking In Nepal
Upper Mustang Trek a unique journey, a favorite destination of professional photographers and travelers as this high and dry country offers tremendous scenery of mountains, amazing landscapes with immense culture retaining…