Upper Dolpo Trekking is remote the wilderness area of Dolpo region which is fully isolated from the marks of modernization. The region has full of hidden mysteries of the nature including ancient monasteries and Gompas. Shey Phoksundo Lake, Phoksundo National Park, Shey Gompa can be excursed in the region. Trekking in Dolpo region is quite strenuous and challenging due to its geographical remoteness. Trekking to high passes like Kang La Pass at the altitude of 5375m, Jeng La Pass at 5110m and Shey La at 5000m. are very challenging to the trekkers.
Upper Dolpo Trekking is the trekking into isolated part of Mid-Western part of Nepal. The exciting landscape, natural vegetation and wildlife make the region one of the interesting regions to explore. The highlights of the Trek in Upper Dolpo region are Juphal, Kageni, Dunai, Chhepka, Shey Gompa, Saldang, Rinje, Dho and Lingdo etc.
Upper Dolpo Trek is strenuously long and technically difficult trek. Dolpo region is supposed to be blessed by Guru Rimpoche where you can get spiritual serenity being away from hustle and bustle of urban life. The opportunity to explore this abandoned region which is very rich in natural life including different endangered animals like Blue sheep and snow leopard and precious plants like silvery fir and other plants gives you exact picture of diversity of Nepalese flora and fauna.
- Arival at Kathmandu airport and transfer to hotel by Car/Van/Bus. Overnight at hotel.
- Free Day prepare for trekking Overnight at hotel.
- Fly to Nepaljung. Overnight at hotel.
- Fly to Juphal (2,400meters) and trek to Dunai (2,150meters) 3 hours. Overnight at tented camp
- Dunai to Ankhe (2,660meters) 6 hours. Overnight at tented camp
- Ankhe to Renje (3,104meters) 7 hours. Overnight at tented camp
- Renje to Phosundo Lake (3,600meters) 6.30 hours. Overnight at tented camp
- Phoksundo lake to Phoksundo Khola (3,507meters) 6 hours. Overnight at tented camp
- Phoksundo Khola to Phoksundo Bhanjyang (4,402meters) 7 hours. Overnight at tented camp
- Cross Kang La pass (5360 meters) then trek to Shey Gompa (4,126meters) 7 hours.
- Rest and exploration day at Shey Gompa. Overnight at tented cam
- Cross the Saldang La pass (4,785meters), and then trek to Namdua Gaon (4,400meters) 7 hours.
- Trek to Saldang (3,903meters) 4 hours. Overnight at tented cam
- Trek to Sibu (3,942meters) 6 hours. Overnight at tented camp
- Trek to foot of the Jeng La (4,369meters) 5 hours. Overnight at tented camp
- Cross the Jeng La pass (4,845meters), trek to Tokyu Gaon (4,240meters) 7 hours.
- Trek to Dho Tarap (4,090meters) 4.30 hours. Overnight at tented camp
- Trek to Serkam (3,630 meters) 6.30 hours. Overnight at tented camp
- Trek to Khani Gaon (2,550meters) 7 hours. Overnight at tented camp
- Trek to Tarakot (2,281meters) 4 hours. Overnight at tented camp
- Trek to Dunai (2,052meters) 5 hours. Overnight at tented camp
- Trek to Juphal (2,404meters) 3 hours. Overnight at tented camp
- Fly to Kathmandu via Nepaljung. Overnight at hotel.
- Depature from nepal or exten your nepal holiday.
- Pick up from airport and drop to Hotel.
- 3 nights 3 stars hotel in Kathmandu.
- Sightseeing in Kathmandu Valley
- All necessary trekking paper, trekking permit (TIMS), national park entry permit & conservation permit
- Upper Dolpo permit
- 1 guide
- 1 Assistance Guide who support to pitch tents and guarding camp at night
- 1 Cook and 1 kitchen supporter/s as per group size
- Required kitchen utensils
- Cooking fuel and lighting service
- Required portage service to carry tents, food stuffs, fuels & kitchen utensilsNecessary tent and equipment
- All the staff insurance, well paid salary, equipment, transportation
- Kathmandu Nepalgunj Jumla, JuphalNepalgunj Kathmandu round trip flight tickets
- all the domestic airport tax.
- All the transporting.
- Government taxes and service charge.
- Medical supplies (first aid kit)
- Nepal visa.
- International airfare.
- Travel and rescue Insurance
- Food in Kathmandu.
- Extra night hotel accommodation in Kathmandu if arrive early or late departure.
- All the hotel accommodation or meals in Kathmandu.( in the case return early from trek due to any reason)
- Personal expenses( bar bills, coke, beer, bottle of water, phone call, laundry service etc.
- Tips for guide porter.
Related activities in High Pass Trekking In Nepal
Everest base camp and Gokyo lake treks is one of the challenging adventure trekking in Mt Everest trekking region. The trek combines spectacular viewpoints and enthralling sights of world’s tallest…