Bhutan Tour – 5 Days
Tour Duration : 3 night 4 days
Type of Tour : Cultural Tour
Mode of Tour : Hotel
Transportation : Private car/ van
Grade : Easy
Meals : Daily, B. L. D
$ 1250 USD
Bhutan is a hidden treasure of South Asia and we have special short 4 night 5 days Bhutan tour package for you. Entering into Bhutan is not as easy as you think. There are various legal formalities to it. It is the land of ‘Thunder Dragon’. This country is protective of its environment, culture, and people. Thimpu is the capital and largest city of Bhutan.
Bhutan only opened its border for foreigners from 1974. It was an unknown kingdom for outsiders till then. The country’s landscape ranges from lush tropical plains in the south to the Himalaya mountains in the north. Bhutan offers you beauty, history, and adventure.
Bhutan is the first country to start the concept of ‘Gross National Happiness’. For them, it is more important than ‘Gross National Product’. Bhutan is all about Buddhism, Monastery and the cultural heritage it posses. 70% 0f its land is still covered with forest area. Bhutan is a peaceful country. They believe in ‘high-value, low-impact’.
Major tourist attraction includes; Paro Taktsang known as Tiger’s Nest, Punakha Dzong, Rinpung Dzong, Tashichho Dzong, Gangteng Monastery, National Museum of Bhutan, Kichu Lhakang, Phobjikha Valley, Chimi Lakhang and many more.
You can visit most of these places during this 4 nights 5 days Bhutan tour. Adventure Great Himalaya Treks & Expeditions will be more than happy to contribute you in this 4 nights 5 days Bhutan tour.
When to visit Bhutan?
If you want clear skies and photo opportunities then the best time to Bhutan is from October to December. In this season you can see the rare black-necked crane in Phobjikha valley.
January-February is colder. If you like this climate, it is suitable for you. You will not feel cold because this season is all about Lhosar. Lhosar celebration will keep you warm.
March-April is the dry season. In late spring, you will see Rhododendron everywhere. There will be greenery everywhere.
Indian monsoon has a huge influence is Bhutan’s climate. June-September is for Bhutan’s Monsoon. Heavy rain in all areas. If you love rain then this is the best season for you followed by the summer season. There are few tourists in the Summer season. You can enjoy your privacy too.
Permits and Regulations for Bhutan tour
Bhutan visa is the most important document for this 4 nights 5 days Bhutan tour. Bhutan visa is compulsory for everyone except citizens of India, Bangladesh, and Maldives. All tourists must have registered guides and private vehicles.
You should also arrange approved tour operators. You cannot travel independently in Bhutan like other countries. Bhutan is strict in its entry and exit policy. It has a specific place for those. There are various travel permits, road permits, and entry permits needed. Adventure Great Himalaya will help you to arrange this.
Food and Accommodation
Bhutanese people are generous. They have a good sense of hospitality. The food is diverse here. Cheese is their favorite food. You may get cheese in almost every food item. Adventure Great Himalaya covers your food and accommodation costs. You will have to pay extra only if you want to try some food on your own or in a 5-star hotel.
The basic menu includes red rice, potato with cheese, vegetable curry, meat curry, momos, etc. Accommodation is available in local hotels. Hotels are standard. They are clean and well managed. Most restaurants will offer Indian and Chinese cuisine. Only a few restaurants provide you international cuisine.
- Arrive Paro ( International Airport)and Drive to Thimpu
- Thimpu to Punakaha
- Sightseeing in around Punakaha then drive back to Paro
- Sightseeing in Paro City
- Transfer from Hotel to airport and fly to your destination.
- Arrive Paro – Sightseeing and Drive to Thimpu. This is the first day of your 4 nights 5 days Bhutan tour. You will take the flight to Paro. This is the only international airport in Bhutan. The other three airports are domestic airports. Paro is a beautiful valley town in Bhutan. You will see its beauty during this flight. You will see Mount Everest, Kanchenjunga, and other famous Himalayan peaks. You will also see their sacred mountain Chomolhari and Jitchu Drake in Bhutan. After you land, you will meet and greet people welcoming you. You will visit the National Museum of Bhutan. It was watchtower for the Rimpung Dzong. It got the title of the National Museum later in 1968. It contains Bhutanese art and cultural heritage. The museum stands on a high hill overlooking the glory of Paro valley. You will also visit Rinpung Dzong. It is also known as Paro Dzong. It is full of traditional Bhutanese architecture. It is a large collection of treasured buildings. You may be in any corner of the Paro valley, you can see the Rinpung Dzong. It is majestic in appearance and architecture.Today, the Dzong is the seat of the district administration as well as the home for the monastic school. The central tower is a delicate work of wood and it is one of the most beautiful structures in Bhutan. And you will head towards Thimpu, the capital city of Bhutan. It is 1.5 hours of drive from Paro. While this drive, capture all the beautiful scenery and keep in your hearts. You will stay here tonight and enjoy sightseeing.
- Drive Thimphu To Punakha 2:30 Hr You will start your journey from Thimpu today. Today you will cover the distance of 75 km. This journey will take you to Punakha. You will visit the National Library today.It is a symbol and collection of rich cultural and religious heritage. This library preserves ancient manuscripts. It is a matter of pride for Bhutanese people. They love their history, culture, and religion. A huge stupa is here standing straight in the memory of the third King.You should also visit painting school. This school also preserves traditional art. You can also visit Handicrafts Emporium. You can buy Bhutanese textiles and crafts here. You can learn how to paint Thankas. They consider Thankas as sacred scrolls.Punakha was the capital city of Bhutan before Thimpu. You will visit Punakha Dzong. It is the administrative center of Punakha. It looks beautiful during the Punakha festival. Chimi Lhakang is another beautiful place near Punakha. There is a temple here. It is also known as the temple of fertility..
- Drive back to Paro ,This is the third day of your 4 nights 5 days Bhutan tour. From Punakha, you will drive to Paro, where you first landed. It will take you 4-5 hours to reach Paro from Punakha. The view along with this drive will make you peaceful. You will appreciate the life you are able to live.After having lunch, you will have sightseeing for the whole day. You will visit Drukgyal Dzong, Taktsang Monastery, Kila Gompa, etc. These Dzong and monasteries are extremely beautiful. You may not find this type of architecture and culture anywhere in the world.In the evening, you will enjoy the local life. You will visit the local market. If you like anything, you can buy it for your family and friends.
- Sightseeing to paro, Hike to Taksang Monastry -4 Hour
After your breakfast, you will hike to Tiger’s Nest. Paro Taktsang which is also known as Tiger’s Nest is the most famous tourist destination of Bhutan.Almost every tourist visit this place. There may be no one who is the tour of Bhutan and not visit this place, do you know why? Because it is extraordinary. This Monastery consists of four temples. It will take you 4-5 hours for a round trip. You will take 1 hour for the tour of Monastery itself. The hike starts from the bottom of the mountain. The trail you will follow will be a dirt-wide trail. Once you clear the forest area, you will get the first glimpse of Tiger’s Nest.
There are a few cafeterias where you can get rest and some food. You will see lots of prayers flags all around the trail. Enjoy the view as you go higher. After the halfway through you will see prayer wheels. You can spin it. Some choose to end this hike here because you will have a great view of the monastery from here.This second half of the hike is easier. From here you have a clear view. It is the point when you click every possible photo of this monastery because it looks stunning. Most of the photos of this monastery are from this angel.They don’t allow shoes and photography equipment inside the monastery. After this visit, you will descend downwards so make sure you click photos. This is the photo you will look forever and smile.
- Transfer from Hotel to airport after breakfast drop to airport to your own ward.
- Transportation by private car or Van as per the group size
- All necessary travel permit
- Bhutan Visa
- English speaking Bhutanese guide.
- Hotel Accommodation in 3 Star.
- Sightseeing and monastery entrance fees as per our itinerary.
- Meal plan:- full board basis (b/l/d)
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses such as a drink, guide tips & etc
- All bar bills like coke, beer, bottle of water etc.