Manaslu Circuit Trek
Mode of Trip : Lodge/ Tea house
Trek Grade : Moderate to Adventurous
Highest elevation : 5,200m / 17,060 ft
Trek duration : 16 Nights & 17 Days
Season : Sep/Dec and Feb/ Jun
Group Size : 2+
Manaslu Circuit Trek is one of the Most beautiful Trekking Destination of Nepal Himalayas, The Treks Take you around the Mt Manaslu which is Eighth Highest Mountain in the world
Manaslu Circuit Trek is a virgin area been opened for trekkers just last two decades due to its sensitive border with Tibet, which is just mere distance from high Manaslu valley of Sama and Samdu villages.
Manaslu Circuit Trekking is a great combination adventure from semi-tropic temperature to alpine forested area to remorseless ice-fields and glaciers of arctic terrain at Larkya-la.This marvelous trek ends at famous and popular Annapurna Circuit Trekking listed as world top Ten Adventure Destinations.
Beside incredible views and sceneries of high mountains of Manaslu-Boudha-Himal- Chuli extends to Ganesh Himal towards east and Annapurna Himalaya in the west.On this trek exploring varied range of culture of Hindu religion in the low and mid hills to Tibetan culture interwoven of Buddhism religion on higher areas of Manaslu.
The Manaslu Circuit Trek-17 days starts with an overland drive on nice highway and then on rough scenic road to reach at Soti-Khola after Arughat town, where this trek starts towards high Manaslu valley entering interesting villages of Jagat-Dyang-Logaon and Samagoan. At Samagoan with acclimatization and rest day visiting interesting Tibetan Buddhist culture villages with close views of Manaslu world 8th highest peak at 8,163 m.
Our adventure continues over high Larkya-la pass to reach at Dharapani around Manang area where this fabulous Manaslu Circuit trek concludes with a drive back to Kathmandu.
Why You Should Go Manaslu Circuit Trekking?
You should go on the Manaslu circuit trekking because you won’t want to miss the attractions of the trek like:
- Best remote trail in Nepal
- Amazing Cultural Experiences: Unique cultural blend of authentic Hindu and Tibetan-style Buddhism
- Pristine Budhi Gandaki River valley
- Eye-catching views of the eighth highest peak in the world, Mt. Manaslu and it’s neighboring peaks
- Crossing Larkya La pass, 5153 meters
- Unspoiled ecosystem and biodiversity
- Peaceful trekking environment
- Enticing natural sceneries
- Safe trekking
Manaslu trek Route
The trek begins with a drive to Arkhet Bazar from Kathmandu. Soti Khola is the starting point of the trek. The traveler’s then trek through Machha Khola and trek along the Budhi Gandaki River to reach Jagat. From Jagat, the trek rapidly ascends to Deng. The Buddhist prevalence begins as the trek heads to Ghap. Going pas numerous monasteries on the way, the next destination is Samdo after spending a day at Samagaon for acclimatization. Following the pristine trails under the Manaslu Himal ranges, the trek reaches its culmination at Larkya pass at an astounding height of 5,160 meters from the sea level. Descending along numerous glaciers, the destination is Bimthang followed by Gho and Dharapani. The journey finally ends as the drive from Dharapani heads to Kathmandu.
As the journey starts at Arkhet Bazar which is at a pretty low height of 608 meters above the sea level, the altitude varies a lot throughout the trip. It is a strenuous trek which requires travelers to be in good physical health. The trekkers pass through various villages such as Jagat (1340 meters), Ghap (2397 meters) and Samagaon (3530 meters) finally making their way up to the Larkya Pass (5160 meters) which is the highest point of the trip. The trek gains massive altitude within a span of a few days and the vegetation, wildlife and cultures vary accordingly as well.
Best Time for Manaslu Circuit Trek
The time between mid-September to mid-December is arguably the best time for Manaslu circuit trekking. Along with this, the time between March to late May is the second-best time of the year for Manaslu trekking.
These times are the most popular times because they have the best climatic conditions. The best weather and mild temperature create the best environment to trek. Also, the distant sceneries will be at their best during these times.
Manaslu Circuit Trekking Difficulties
Crossing the Larkya Pass, 5125 meters, is a challenging thing during Manaslu circuit trek. Due to its high altitude, climbing and crossing the pass is tough. You are at a risk of altitude sickness. Also, the pass remains covered in snow and ice during winter and hence remains closed. Likewise, crossing the pass in monsoon is also tough.
Arranging the permits. You need a special permit called the restricted area permit for Manaslu Circuit trekking. Obtaining the permit requires different terms, conditions and procedures. We can help you arrange your permits if you’d allow us to.
There are some landslide prone areas on the trek route. Walking through these areas means you’re walking with high risk. The area on the trek route between Khorla Besi to Tatopani and on the stretch from Dobhan to Yaru are the areas with risks of landslide.
Manaslu Circuit Trek Permit
Manaslu circuit trekking is a restricted area trekking in Nepal. You will need three trekking permits to trek in the region. They are the Manaslu restricted area permit, Manslu Conservation Permit and Annapurna Conservation Permit, The slow trekkers can;t get permit, For this trek, required minimum 2 trekkers.
If you are trekking to Tsum valley also, then you will require the Tsum valley permit. Also, if you have any plans on joining the Annapurna trekking route while returning, you need to get a TIMS card.
Manaslu Circuit Trek -17 Days Itinerary
Day 01: Arrive In Kathmandu.
Day 02: Free day and prepare the Permit for Manaslu Circuit Trek.
Day 03: Drive to Soti-Khola (730 m) by Private Jeep – 07 hrs journeys
Day 04: Trek to Machha-Khola 930m – 06 hrs
Day 05: Trek to Jagat 1,410m – 06 hrs.
Day 06: Trek to Dyang 1,800 m – 06 hrs.
Day 07:Trek to Ghap 2,160 m – 04 hrs
Day 08: Trek to Lho-Gaon 3,180 m – 06 hrs.
Day 09: Trek to Samagaon 3,530 m – 05 hrs
Day 10: Rest day in Samagaon for acclimatization.
Day 11: Trek to Samdo 3,860 m – 05 hrs
Day 12: Trek to Dharamsala / Larkyaphedi 4,460 m – 04 hrs
Day 13: Cross Larkya la 5,214m and to Bimthang 3,720 m – 08 hrs.
Day 14: Trek to Tilje – 5 -6 hrs
Day 15: Trek to Tal, 1,720 m -5 – 6 hrs.
Day 16: Tal to Kathmandu by private 4* 4 Wheel Jeep
Day 17: Departure From Nepal as per you time.
Cost & Group Discount
$ 1300 Per person ( 2 people group)
$ 1250 Per person ( 3, 4 people group)
Have a Big group ? Contact us
Cost Inclusive: All Transportation, Hotel in Kathmandu, Meals, permit, Guide, Porter, Lodge / tea House etc
Cost Inclusive: Travel Insurance, Personal Expenses, bar bills, Tips
Call Us -: whats App: +977-9841273869
Email Us: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Arrival in Kathmandu (1,396 m.) Upon your arrival, proceed to the outside of airport terminal, our representative will wait for you to take you to the hotel which taking around 20 minutes. Please look for your name which will be shown on signage. Overnight at hotel in Kathmandu.
- Free Day and prepare Permit
Free day till we make your permit, and we need your original passport to make permit. Overnight hotel.
- Drive to Soti-Khola 730 m via Arughat by Bus / Private Jeep – 07 hrs journeys. An early morning start for a long drive to begin this adventure to Manaslu Circuit towards warmer areas around Nepal North Mid West, passing farm villages and towns as the drive reaches at Arughat a large town within district of Gorkha near Buri-Gandaki River which flows from the glacier of Manaslu. From here transfer on a jeep or similar type vehicle for few hour drive on dirt road to reach Soti-Khola for overnight stop, a small farm village by the Soti-khola (stream).
- Trek to Machha-Khola 930m – 06 hrs>. From Soti-Khola starting our first day walk following Buri Gandaki River upstream, then crossing over Nuali-khola with views of beautiful waterfalls, walk leads on stone steps to reach Machha-Khola for overnight stop, Machha-Khola means “stream with fishes”.
- Trek to Jagat 1,410m – 06 hrs.After Macha-Khola, walk to Khorla Beshi a small farm village from here on winding path reaching at Tatopani “Hot Spring” an opportunity for a hot bathe, after a nice stop walk continues passing Dovan and Yaruphant villages, and finally walk ends at Jagat village after crossing a short suspension bridge, a moderate size village with shops and stores.
- Trek to Dyang 1,800 m – 06 hrs.From Jagat, walk leads higher following Buri Gandkai River, then across small farm villages of Sidibas Bazaar, from here a short climb with downhill to cross a bridge reaching at Nagjet, then climb to Philim village, a large spread out farm village, from Philim trek onwards through terraces of golden wheat’s and barley, as the climb reaches a rocky ridge top and into bamboo forest area and finally ending at Dyang village for overnight stop, from here air gets cooler where Tibetan culture villages starts.
- Trek to Ghap 2,160 m – 04 hrsAfter Dyang altitude gains slowly, entering high Himalayan alpine area, walk continues with a descend towards Bihi Bazaar, a small village near river side, from here onward with much Tibetan culture, walk leads on gradual trail with few short ups and down till Ghap village is reached for overnight stop.
- Trek to Lho-Gaon 3,180 m – 06 hrs.From Ghap village on pleasant trail along the bank of Buri Gandaki River, crossing the river through scattered small farm villages with cultivated farm fields of barley, wheat and millets then reaching at Numrung village with super North Face views of Mt. Manaslu, walk continues passing few villages of Banjham, Lhi and Sho, then altitude gains with an hour climb to Shrip village, from here few hours of good walk to Lho-Gaon for overnight stop.
- Trek to Samagaon 3,530 m – 05 hrsAfter Dyang and Lho-Gaon, altitude gains to cooler temperature, where tree lines drops for few shrubs, juniper bushes and Juniper trees, walking gradually on a nice trail with views of snow capped peaks and finally reaching a large village of Samagaon, which lies on route to Manaslu base camp.
- Rest day in Samagaon for acclimatization.A perfect place with right altitude for rest day, necessary for acclimatization before heading higher area and over Larkya-la pass, on this free day hike around interesting Sama-Gaon villages.
- Trek to Samdo 3,860 m – 05 hrsMorning walk leads towards Samdo village located on route Tibet border, the local visits into Tibet for trade been on line of trading since hundreds of years. Here you can find many Chinese goods, Our morning walk starts with slow climb on barren dry country with views of stunning peaks, walk finally reachingat Samdo for overnight stop.
- Trek to Dharamsala / Larkyaphedi 4,460 m – 04 hrsToday a short day walk to Larkya phedi / Dharmasala crossing rivers, heading towards more dry and barren country, trek to Larkya phedi is not tough except for high altitude walking with few short ups and downs and then completing morning walk at Larkya phedi, at the base of Larkya-la pass, afternoon free at leisure for short hike after having lunch.
- Cross Larkya la 5,214m and to Bimthang 3,720 m – 08 hrs.A tough and long day, starting early morning to reach on top of Larkya-la pass at 5,214 meters, walk leads on a long steep climb with amazing views of surrounding hills and valley and Mt. Manaslu, Larkya peak, Bouddha Himal, Himalchuli and of Peak 29. After a tiring climb reaching on top of the pass, the top ridge festooned with Buddhist prayer flags. From here with short rest and catching amazing views then a long descend leads back into green forested area to Bimthang for overnight stop, after a hard long day walk.
- Trek to Tilje – 5 -6 hrs After a tough trek of previous day, today a leisure easy walk on downhill , It start with a gentle climb through paddy fields towards the small Karcha La pass and descends through fir tree and rhododendron forests to Tilje.
- Trek to Tal, 1,720 m -5 – 6 hrs.Descending through Tilje village with beautiful stone paved route, cross the suspension bridge over the Dudh Khola. The trail then climb up through a chorten-shaped arch entering into Thonje village. then l continue towards Dharapani and then to Karte village. After crossing a bridge over Marsyandi Khola we will head towards the village of Tal.
- Tal to Kathmandu by Jeep. 8 Hour Drive. A last day in the Himalayan mid hills after breakfast drive on the dirt road for few hours passing through several farm villages and to the large town of Beshishar the headquarter of Lamjung district from here on the good road to Kathmandu with an interesting scenic drive then finally reaching at Kathmandu after completing this mesmerizing awesome adventure with Adventure Great Himalaya.
- Transfer to the airport and departure from Nepal to your destination Our representative will transfer you to Kathmandu International Airport for your way back to your country.
- Airport/ Hotel/ Airport Transportation
- Hotel in Kathmandu: Three Nights three Star Hotel in Kathmandu including Breakfast/ Free WI-FI /
- Meals In Trekking: 3 Meals a day (14 Breakfast, 14 Lunch and 13 Dinner)
- Manaslu Circuit Trekking Permit: Manaslu Conservation permit, Annapurna Conservation permit, and Special Manaslu permit and Company necessary paper worksy private Jeep.and returned from Tal to Beshishar by Sharing Jeep then return to Kathmandu by Private car.
- Accommodation In Trekking: All accommodations in lodges/tea houses during the treks.
- Trekking Guide: An experienced, helpful, friendly and English speaking Trekking guide , everything for him.
- Trekking porter: A porter to Carry your Backpack ( One Porter between every 2 members) their food, accommodation and well paid salary.
- Transportation: Kathmandu to Sotikhola Private 4*4 wheel Jeep and return to Kathmandu.
- Trekking Equipment: Sleeping bag, Down Jacket ( refundable after the trek)
- Arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service which will be paid by your Travel insurance company.
- Adventure Certificate.
- Medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- All government taxes & Vat
- Service charge.
- International airfare and Nepal entry visa fee (you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport Kathmandu).
- Travel insurance.Emergency rescue Evacuation
- Lunch Dinner in Kathmandu.
- Hot and Bottle of drinks, WI-Fi, recharge all electronic device like mobile, camera.
- Tips for the guide and porter.
Reviews of Manaslu Circuit Trek
Related activities in Best Trekking In Nepal
Upper Mustang Trek a unique journey, a favorite destination of professional photographers and travelers as this high and dry country offers tremendous scenery of mountains, amazing landscapes with immense culture retaining…