Helambu Trek is great short and easy treks near from Kathmandu and an extensive trail network enables you to tailor a circuit to your schedule. The area spans a wide elevation range – there’s a lot of up-and-down – but the highest point reached is only 2700–3600m .Winter treks are particularly feasible. The peaks of Langtang Himal are often visible, but the views aren’t as close-up as in other areas.
The Helambu Trekking route start from Sundarijal, drive an hour from Kathmandu. Then enter Shivapuri National Park. Continuing trek the Chisopani, Kutumsang, Thadepati and Sermathang, the trek ends at the Melamchi Pul Bazar in the Helambu region. The trek passes through thick mountain forests with great Himalayan views and toward the end of the trip, you will also trek through some beautiful rice terraces and a number of splendid Buddhist monasteries.
The Helambu trek provides the spectacular views of the Langtang (7245m), Ganesh Himal (7405m), Dorje Lhakpa (6990m) and other small mountains of Langtang Himalayan range. The warm and friendly people of helambu are mostly Buddhists. It is an ideal trip for those who have a short time and like to combine both cultural scene. You will enjoy visiting the culturally rich Tamang villages, Buddhist Gompas and the fantastic landscape with rice fields,
Helambu Trek Itienrary
- Airport / Hotel / Airport transfer by car / Van.
- Two Nights stander hotel in Kathmandu.
- Meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) with Tea & coffee during the trek.
- Lodge to lodge accommodation during the trek.
- Trekking Guide: One highly experienced, helpful and friendly Guide,
- Trekking porter: (1 porter for 2 people), maximum load is 25 kg. their food, accommodation, salary, equipment, insurance etc.
- All the transport by car/ Bus
- Trekking Permit: All the trekking permit and necessary company paperwork.
- Trekking equipment: Sleeping bag, Down Jacket ( refundable after the trek )
- Tourist service charge, Vat.
- Office Service charge.
- Travel insurance (if you want us to arrange your travel insurance, we would greatly be happy to assist).
- International air fare to Nepal visa
- Your travel insurance and emergency rescue evacuation
- Lunch, dinner in Kathmandu.
- Items of a personal nature and equipment
- Tips for guide, porters, driver.