Annapurna Circuit Trek 15 Days
Annapurna Circuit Trek is a classic trek located in the Annapurna region in Nepal. It is a long duration trek that demands good physical fitness and mental stability. The highlight of this trek is crossing over the Thorong La Pass(5,416m), which is not less than climbing a small mountain.
The 15 day Annapurna circuit trek is perfect for all skill levels, including the first time trekkers. You will get a lot of time to acclimatize and rest so that the stress and fatigue of the trek won’t get to you. The unique aspect of the trek is that we take a break from trekking and drive from Muktinath to Tatopani.
Muktinath to Tatopani trails pass through the motor roads which makes the road dusty. Hence, the jeep drive is our best option. The snow-capped mountains of the Northern Himalayan range and Tibetan plateau will welcome you all along the trail.
You can also explore the spectacular culture, traditions, and lifestyles of the Gurung and Magar community. We also pass through the rhododendron and fir forests of the Annapurna sanctuary. So are you ready to trek the exciting Annapurna circuit trek? Read the detailed information regarding the trek below and book your trip now!
Highlights of the Trek
- Awe-inspiring sunrise overlooking the entire Annapurna range from Poonhill viewpoint
- Breathtaking views of the snow-capped mountains including Annapurna II, Annapurna III, Annapurna IV, Machhapuchhre, Dhaulagiri, Gangapurna, Tukuche, Nilgiri, Tilicho Peak, Manaslu, and others.
- Crossing the majestic Thorung La Pass (5,416m) which is one of the highest passes in the world
- Exploring the culture, heritage, and lifestyles of the Gurung and Thakali community
- A fantastic aroma of the herbs and flora of the Annapurna region
- Relax in the hot springs of Tatopani
- Observing the Kali-Gandaki Gorge which is the deepest gorge in the world
- Incredible hospitality of the local people
When is the Best Time to trek the Annapurna Circuit?
The best time to trek the spectacular Annapurna Circuit is the autumn season (September-November). You will get the best views of the mountains as the skies are clear and the winds are calmer. The snow-capped mountains look the best at this time.
The spring season (March-May) is favorable for trekking as well. The lush vegetation and blooming wildflowers, especially the rhododendron, makes for a great scenario. The temperatures are moderate, making it perfect for a trekking adventure.
You should avoid the monsoon season as the rainfalls create slippery trails and increase the risk of avalanches and landslides the monsoon clouds also obstruct the views of the mountains. In the winter, snowfall can cause frigid conditions and may delay your trekking adventure.
How Difficult is the Annapurna Circuit Trek?
The Annapurna Circuit Trek is a moderately challenging trek, and anyone with a basic level of fitness can complete it. However, there are a few sections that demand extreme physical and mental endurance and strength.
At least some trekking experience in the high mountains is necessary before you take this trek one. The high-altitude is one of the most challenging aspects of the trek. High altitude often leads to fatigue and altitude sickness. Proper acclimatization and hydration is the key to trek in the region.
If you feel the symptoms of altitude sickness, you can talk to your guide for help. Besides the altitude sickness, the other difficult factor is the long trekking hours that can be quite taxing, especially if you are trekking for the first time in the region. Proper training at least two weeks prior to the trek is necessary.
Trekking Route of Annapurna Circuit Trek -15 Days
The 15-day Annapurna circuit trek is one of the most trekked paths on earth. After a drive from Kathmandu to Bulbule, we start a trekking journey. The trekking journey starts from Bulbule, passing through Bahundanda to reach Chamje.
We then make our way to Dharapani, passing through Tal. The following day we arrive at Bagarchap. We then officially enter the Manang district after arriving at Chame. We then enter the narrow valley trail to arrive at the dusty terrains of Pisang and Manang.
We acclimatize at this beautiful place and explore the stunning landscapes and culture of the Manang region. We pass through the stunning Thorong Phedi and arrive at Muktinath on a challenging trail. The holy site of Muktinath is where we acclimatize again.
We take a break from our trek as we take a drive to Tatopani from Muktinath as the trails merge with the motorways and the jeeps and buses travelling in the road makes for a dusty trail. We then relax at the hot water springs of the Tatopani to relieve all the stress and fatigue of the trek.
We trek back to Ghorepani to observe the stunning sunrise from Poonhill viewpoint and then hike back to Tikhedhunga and then to Nayapul. We end our journey with a drive to Pokhara and then to Kathmandu from where you can board a flight to your desired destination.
15 Days Annapurna Circuit itinerary
Cost Include / Exclude
- Airport/ Hotel/ Airport Transportation
- Three Nights 3 Star Hotel in Kathmandu including Breakfast.
- 3 Times Meals a day (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during the trek
- All the Permit and Company necessary paper works
- Transportation : – Kathmandu- Dharapani by Jeep and Pokhara to Kathmandu by Tourist Bus
- All accommodations in lodges/tea houses during the treks.
- Trekking Guide: An experienced, helpful, friendly and English speaking Trekking guide
- Trekking Porter – carry your luggage, One porter for 2 Member
- Gide, Porter Insurance, Meals, Accommodation and well paid salary
- One night Hotel accommodation in Pokhara.
- Arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service which will be paid by your Travel insurance company.
- Adventure Certificate.
- Medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- All government taxes.
- Service charge.
- International airfare, Nepal entry visa fee
- Travel insurance.Emergency rescue Evacuation
- Lunch Dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- All the bar bills like coke, beer, bottle of water, hot water etc.
- all kinds of drinks