Annapurna Circuit with Tilicho Lake Trekking Is one the most Beautiful trail treks in Annapurna Region. This “classic” journey of Annapurna Circuit combined with World Highest Lake Tilicho . This Trek starts with a drive to Dharapani in the paddy fields of the lowland, gaining altitude steadily along the Marshyangdi River. It passes through oak and pine forests, and eventually emerging into high altitude desert country at Manang (3597 m.)
Tilicho lake and Annapurna circuit treks offer you to the fine village inhabited by a wide diversity of people from different ethnic groups, spectacular and majestic views of the white Himalayas. We have customized this route as it is basically the same as Annapurna Circuit, from Manang instead of taking the valley north to Tanki Manang and Yak Kharka this route goes to the main valley to the west passes through the Khanshar Village (The Last Village of Nepal) and trek up to Tilicho lake, then we travel to Yak Kharka then up to pass of Thorung La at elevation of 5,416m.
Highlights of Annapurna Circuit and Tilicho Lake Trek
- Crossing the widest pass in the world, Thorong La Pass (5,416m)
- Visiting Tilicho Lake (4,910m), the highest lake in the world
- Awe-inspiring views of the Annapurna mountain range and other snow-clad mountains
- Relaxing at the hot water springs of Tatopani
- Exploring Spectacular lakes, gorges, glaciers, and waterfalls along the trails
- Visiting Muktinath temple, a sacred temple for both Hindus and Buddhists devotees
- Magical Himalayan sunrise overlooking the snow-capped mountains from Poon hill and other viewpoints along the trail
- Warm hospitality of the Nepalese people
- Exploring the culture, heritage, and lifestyle of the region
Difficulties of the Trek & Fitness Required
The Annapurna circuit with Tilicho Lake trekking is quite challenging. The trekkers have to hike around 7-8 hours on average for more than two weeks at high altitude conditions. Proper acclimatization, regular hydration, and gradual ascent minimizes the risk of high altitude sickness.
The trekking trails include steep climbs and deep descents. You will pass through diverse natural terrains including alpine forests, glacial lakes, high mountain passes, deep gorges, and others. Rough terrain and up and down trail will challenge trekkers of all skill levels.
This spectacular trek is a long duration adventure and you will need to prepare accordingly. Accommodations and food facilities are basic and thus you will have to compromise a little. While the trek is not technical, it can get quite strenuous and physically taxing.
Trekkers require good physical fitness and stamina. Previous hiking experience is a plus. Training and exercise two to three months or at least two weeks before the trek is a must. Exercises must contain aerobic or cardiovascular activities like hiking, swimming, jogging, cycling, and others. These training regimes will help you immensely during the trek.
Overall, Annapurna Circuit with Tilicho Lake Trekking is a challenging trek but with proper packing and preparation it can get completed comfortably.
Annapurna Circuit With Tilicho Lake Trekking Itinerary
- Airport/ Hotel/ Airport Transportation
- Two Nights 3 Star Hotel in Kathmandu including Breakfast.
- 3 Meals a Day during The trek (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) with Cup of tea / coffee with Meals.
- All Permit and Company necessary paper works
- Ground transportation Kathmandu to Dharapni by Private Jeep . and Pokhara to Kathmandu by Tourist Bus
- All accommodations in lodges/tea houses during the treks.
- An experienced, helpful, friendly and English speaking Trekking guide
- Trekking porter ( one porter for two trekkers) No porter for Solo Trekkers
- One nights Hotel in Pokhara.
- Trekking equipment: Sleeping bag, down jackets, Duffie bag and walking stick, if necessary.
- Adventure Certificate.
- All government taxes.
- Service charge.
- Nepal entry visa and International flight ticket
- Travel insurance. Emergency rescue Evacuation
- Lunch Dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- All the bar bills like coke, beer, bottle of water, hot water etc.
- Tips for the guide and porter.