Annapurna Circuit Trek 10 Days
Annapurna is full of hiking trails, many of which are easily accessible and ideal for beginners. They are scenic as well as adventurous, with mixed terrains that pass through sweeping hills and river valleys to make it to the top.
One of many such treks in the Himalayan ranges of central Nepal is Annapurna Circuit. It’s probably the most intriguing trek that captures the raw beauty of the Himalayas in the best possible way. The favorite of many trekkers, 10 days Annapurna Circuit trek is nothing if not awe-inspiring.
Its dramatic landscapes with towering hills and rugged cliffs are spectacular and dramatic. There is so much to explore and discover on the trek to 12 days Annapurna Circuit. It includes the culture, topography, and biodiversity of the Annapurna region, which is amazing.
The trip begins with a scenic 73 miles drive from Kathmandu to Dharapani. The journey to Chame takes a little over 6 hours and requires you to walk along terraced fields and the Marsyangdi River. You’ll pass several villages, cross the suspension bridge, and ascend a steep hill to get to Chame.
The trek continues with a long walk through a narrow valley and a descent to the Manang Valley floor to reach Pisang. From here, we head to Manang, trekking the dusty trail with an arid landscape. The trail runs through beautiful Tibetan settlements abound with ancient Buddhist monasteries, old mani walls, and chortens.
After a day of rest, we’ll leave Manang and head to Yak Kharka via Ledar. First, the trail crosses a small stream and climbs Tenki village before heading out to Jar Sang Khola Valley, which lies northwest of Marsyandhi River.
From here, we’ll walk the Juniper forest and cross the wooden bridge to wind up at Yak Kharka. The next day, we’ll trek Thorong La, which is challenging and strenuous. It’s the longest trek and probably steepest, making it quite hard to reach the top.
But, once it’s done, the trek will provide us with a splendid view of Annapurna II, Manaslu, and Tilicho Peak. You can also see the beautiful landscapes and glaciers above the snowline. After sightseeing, we’ll descend to Muktinath via Thorong La High Pass, which is quite tricky.
The trek is mostly downhill but still difficult due to rough and rocky terrains. We’ll pave the way through Kagbeni and finally arrive at Jomsom, which offers a lovely view. You can see Dhaulagiri and visit many religious shrines in the town. After spending a night at Jomsom, we’ll fly to Pokhara and wrap up our expedition.
Highlights of Annapurna Circuit Trek
- An awe-inspiring view of Annapurna massif, Manaslu, Dhaulagiri, and Thorung Peak
- Arid landscapes, holy spring, and hidden caves of Manang
- Experience the local Nepalese culture, food, and lifestyle
- Crossing the mountain pass Thorong La in Damodar Himal
- Shimmering lake, steep scree slope, and glacial moraine
- Beautiful yak pastures, lush meadows, and tropical forests
- Scenic drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara
- Explore the colorful town and broad glacier-filled valley of Manang
- Breathtaking sunrise view from Poon Hill
- Discover the unique flora and fauna in Annapurna Conservation Area
Annapurna Circuit Trek 10 days may have moderate hiking trails, but it’s not easy to get it done. The trek is quite intimidating, with varied tropical and alpine terrains. It stretches from the base at Chame to Thorong La, gaining excessive elevation and affecting the health of trekkers.
The sudden exposure to high elevation often leads trekkers to altitude sickness. They mostly experience mild symptoms like dizziness, insomnia, and loss of appetite. This mostly affects beginners who are not used to trekking high altitudes.
The rising elevation and deadly drops can be strenuous and physically demanding for hikers. Its long and winding trails drain much of the energy during the trek. Therefore, you’ll have to build stamina and improve your endurance to finish the walk.
With an average trekking distance of 10 to 12km, hiking Annapurna Circuit isn’t easy. You’ll have to defy steep hills, mountainous terrains, and rugged cliffs to reach the acme, which is quite exhausting. The impact can worsen if you are stuck on the trail or encounter bad weather.
Therefore, picking the right season is important for a hassle-free trek. In case you didn’t know, winter in 10 days Annapurna Circuit trek can be brutal with freezing temperatures. You may have to brave windstorms, blizzards, and snowfall, which sometimes makes trekking impossible.
Annapurna Circuit Trek - 10 Days Itinerary
Cost Include / Exclude
- Annapurna Conservation permit and TIMS Card
- 3 Meals a day during the trek ( Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner)
- Tea / Coffee
- Ground Transportation :- By Private Jeep
- All accommodations in lodges/tea houses during the treks.
- Trekking Guide – A professional English Speaking Trekking guide
- Trekking porter ( one porter for two members)
- Adventure Certificate.
- All government taxes.
- Service charge.
- International airfare and Nepal entry visa fee
- Travel insurance and also rescue evacuation in case of emergency
- All the bar bills like coke, beer, bottle of water, hot water etc.