Highlights of the Trip Breathtaking Himalayan sunrise from various viewpoints along the trail 360 degree panoramic views of snow capped mountains including Mt. Everest, Ama Dablam, Lhotse, Nuptse, Makalu and…
Trip Duration : 22 Days
Mode of Trip : Basic Lodge
Grade : : Moderate / Hard
Maximum Altitude : 4812 m
Best Time : Oct/ Nov / March / April /May
$ 2400 USD
Makalu base camp Trekking is one of the most Popular remote and unfrequented trekking in the eastern part of Nepal, It is A challenging trek to the Base Camp of Mount Makalu, the fifth highest mountain in the world. Makalu Base camp (5250m) The Trek is an ideal choice who seek solace and tranquility in pristine natural habitat and those who wish to avoid crowds
The trek starts from Tumlingtar at an altitude of 400m to reach a high point ten days later of 5,500m below the South East Ridge of Makalu. The trail follows the Arun River passing through the beautiful villages of Seduwa and Num from where viewing spectacular scenery of Mt. Makalu. From a view point above base camp you can enjoy a superb panorama of some of the world’s highest mountains, including Everest (8,850m), Lhotse (8,516m), Makalu (8,463m), Chamlang (7,319m) and Baruntse (7,220m). The trekking route is populated by a diverse cross-section of Nepali peoples, many of whom live in isolated villages and rely on subsistence farming for their livelihoods. It is therefore a culturally rich experience and one that would suit those returning to Nepal having completed a previous trek.
- Arrival in Kathmandu. Our representative will meet you at the airport and transfer to hotel.
- Fly from Kathmandu to Tumlingtar then drive to Chichira (1,980m/6497ft): 50 mins flight, 3-4 hours’ drive.
- Trek from Chichira to Num (1,560m/5119ft): 6-7 hours
- Trek From Num to Seduwa (1,500m/4922 ft): 6-7 hours
- Trek from Seduwa to Tashigaon (2,100m/6890ft): 4-5 hours.
- Trek from Tashigaon to Khongma Danda (3,500m/11,483 ft): 6-7 hours.
- Rest Day – Acclimation day
- Trek from Khongma Danda to Dobate: 6-7 hours
- Trek from Dobate to Yangri Kharka (3,557m/11,670 ft): 6-7 hours
- Trek from Yangri Kharka to Langmale Kharka: (4,410m/14,468ft): 5-6 hours,
- Trek from Langmale Kharka to Makalu Base Camp: (4,870m/15,978ft): 6-7 hours
- Explore Makalu Base Camp
- Trek from Makalu Base Camp to Yangri Kharka: 6-7 hours
- Trek from Yangri Kharka to Dobate: 6-7 hours
- Trek from Dobate to Khongma Danda: 5-6 hours
- Trek from Khongma Danda to Tashigaon: 4-5 hours
- Trek from Tashigaon to Seduwa: 4-5 hours
- Trek from Seduwa to Num: 5-6 hours
- Trek from Num to Tumlingtar: 6-7 hours
- Tumlingtar to Kathmandu: 50 mints flight
- Free day, in case of flight cancellation
- Departure from Nepal
- Airport Transfer (Airport- Hotel – Airport) .
- 3 nights at 2-star hotel in Kathmandu. (Namaste Nepal Hotel and Apartment)
- Your standard full-board meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during trekking.
- Trekking permit and all necessary paper works.
- Domestic flight Ticket from Kathmandu to Tumlingtar to Kathmandu.
- All accommodations in lodges/tea houses during trekking.
- An experienced, helpful, friendly, and English speaking trekking guide (including his well-paid salary, insurance, meals, drinks, accommodation, transportation, flight, etc.)
- Trekking Porter: One porter will carry backpack for 2 members (including well-paid salary, insurance, meals, drinks, accommodation, etc.)
- Necessary Trekking equipment: Sleeping bag, down jacket etc.
- Arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service which will be paid by your Travel insurance company.
- Medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- All Government Taxes and Service Charge.
- Nepal entry visa fee (you may easily obtain Visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport – Katmandu).
- Your travel and rescue insurance.
- International airfare and airport departure tax.
- Lunch Dinner in Kathmandu. Also in any case of early return from mountain (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary.
- All bar bills and personal expenses (phone call, laundry service, battery recharge, bottle of water, hot water, hot/cold shower, pot of tea, coffee etc.)
- Tips for guide and porter.
Related activities in Trekking In Nepal
10 Days Annapurna Base Camp Trek is a an exciting journey that harmoniously incorporates all the features and attributes of Annapurna Conservation Area to offer short trekking experience for travelers…
Everest Base camp Trek and fly back by Helicopter to Kathmandu -11 Days, It is the best Itinerary for those people who don;t Have long holiday or don;t want want…
Jomsom Muktinath trekking Via Poonhill explores the marvel at the splendid peaks of Annapurna-I Dhaulagiri Mountain with more than 8000m height Amazing fantastic view of the world’s deepest gorge of…
Highlights of Everest Base Camp Luxury Trek Completely hassle free travel 5- start hotel accommodation at Kathmandu and the finest accommodation along the trekking route Personalized care Desired departure date…
Everest base camp and Gokyo lake treks is one of the challenging adventure trekking in Mt Everest trekking region. The trek combines spectacular viewpoints and enthralling sights of world’s tallest…
Gokyo Valley and Everest Base Camp Trek via Cho La pass is a fascinating and most scenic adventure destination around high Khumbu of Everest Region. Adventure Great Himalaya presents this exclusive…
Upper Mustang Trek a unique journey, a favorite destination of professional photographers and travelers as this high and dry country offers tremendous scenery of mountains, amazing landscapes with immense culture retaining…