Makalu Base Camp Trekking
Makalu Base camp Trekking is one of the most Popular remote and unfrequented trekking in the eastern part of Nepal, It is A challenging trek to the Base Camp of Mount Makalu, the fifth highest mountain in the world. Makalu Base camp (5250m) The Trek is an ideal choice who seek solace and tranquility in pristine natural habitat and those who wish to avoid crowds
Trekking to Makalu base camp in to the Barun Valley national Park, established in 1992 as Nepal’s eighth national park. Coverage 2,330 sq km , The area receives less foreign trekkers due to its relative inaccessibility and a journey to base camp is an unforgettable experience. you will see vast green meadows covered with flowers in a horde of colours on the one hand, while on the other, you will find mighty snow-dusted mountain peaks with numerous waterfalls. The place is so stunning it will leave you spellbound and make you feel like you are in paradise! Barun Valley even holds significance in Tibetan Buddhist philosophy and has a National Park containing a diverse array of wildlife.
The Makalu Base Camp Trek starts from Tumlingtar at an altitude of 400m to reach a high point ten days later of 5,500m below the South East Ridge of Makalu. The trail follows the Arun River passing through the beautiful villages of Seduwa and Num from where viewing spectacular scenery of Mt. Makalu. From a view point above base camp you can enjoy a superb panorama of some of the world’s highest mountains, including Everest (8,850m), Lhotse (8,516m), Makalu (8,463m), Chamlang (7,319m) and Baruntse (7,220m). The trekking route is populated by a diverse cross-section of Nepali peoples, many of whom live in isolated villages and rely on subsistence farming for their livelihoods. It is therefore a culturally rich experience and one that would suit those returning to Nepal having completed a previous trek.
Cost Include / Exclude
- Airport Transfer (Airport- Hotel – Airport) .
- 3 nights at 2-star hotel in Kathmandu. (Namaste Nepal Hotel and Apartment)
- Your standard full-board meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during trekking.
- Trekking permit and all necessary paper works.
- Domestic flight Ticket from Kathmandu to Tumlingtar to Kathmandu.
- All accommodations in lodges/tea houses during trekking.
- An experienced, helpful, friendly, and English speaking trekking guide (including his well-paid salary, insurance, meals, drinks, accommodation, transportation, flight, etc.)
- Trekking Porter: One porter will carry backpack for 2 members (including well-paid salary, insurance, meals, drinks, accommodation, etc.)
- Necessary Trekking equipment: Sleeping bag, down jacket etc.
- Arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service which will be paid by your Travel insurance company.
- Medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- All Government Taxes and Service Charge.
- Nepal entry visa fee (you may easily obtain Visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport – Katmandu).
- Your travel and rescue insurance.
- International airfare and airport departure tax.
- Lunch Dinner in Kathmandu. Also in any case of early return from mountain (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary.
- All bar bills and personal expenses (phone call, laundry service, battery recharge, bottle of water, hot water, hot/cold shower, pot of tea, coffee etc.)
- Tips for guide and porter.