Tilicho Lake Trekking
Tilicho Lake is highest Altitude lake (4919m) in the world with full of incredible view of breath-taking Himalayas, lush green hills, wide meadows, and traditional villages of the Buddhist
The adventurous Tilicho Lake Trekking to the glistening lake Tilicho is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Located at an altitude of 4919m, the Tilicho lake will enchant you with its magnificent beauty. The mystical lake lies at the foot of the majestic Tilicho peak in the Manang District.
Along with its immaculate natural beauty, Tilicho lake also holds great religious significance. The lake attracts hundreds of Hindu and Buddhist devotees every year. The trail of this outstanding trek passes through the natural landscapes of the Annapurna region.
You will get to witness the extraordinary views of the high mountain valleys, and the dry, barren hills of the region. You can also observe the 360-degree panoramic views of the Annapurna range. Our journey starts with a scenic drive from Kathmandu to Chame via Besisahar. We will start the trek from Chame towards Pisang on a scenic trail.
Moreover, the magical views of snow-capped mountains including Manaslu and Himal Chuli in the backdrop will spellbind you. The hiking route pass through various settlements as the climate changes from subtropical to Trans Himalayan. We will move along the trail arriving at Manang where we spend a day acclimatizing. We then continue our trek to Siri Kharka and finally arrive at Tilicho Base Camp.
From the Base Camp, we trek for a day to arrive at the mystical waters of Lake Tilicho. We acclimatize along the trail to avoid altitude sickness. We then trek back to Siri Kharka and then head to Manang. Our trek comes to an end in Manang as we drive back to Besisahar. Finally, we drive back to Kathmandu where our trip officially ends.
The exquisite beauty and the incredible hospitality of local people will make you fall in love with the place. Read on to know more about Tilicho Lake Treks and other relevant information in detail.
Highlights of the Tilicho Lake Trekking
- Observing the entire Annapurna Himalayan range, including Annapurna I (8,091m), Mt. Manaslu (8,163m), and Dhaulagiri (8,167m)
- Visiting and exploring the turquoise blue Tilicho lake (4,919m)
- Exploring the culture, tradition, and lifestyle of Tibetan, Gurung and Magar community
- Observing the desert like hilly landscapes of Manang
- Passing by traditional settlements, and natural landscapes of the region
- Incredible hospitality of the Nepalese people
- Tasting the delicious local cuisine
Best time for Tilicho Lake Trekking
Tilicho Lake trek has unpredictable weather due to the high altitude conditions. Hence, you should trek in favorable seasons to avoid any potential risks and dangers. Autumn (September-November) and Spring (March-May) are the best time for Tilicho Lake Trekking.
The skies are clear with awe-inspiring views of the snow-capped mountains in Autumn. Similarly, there are many cultural festivals around the region as well. The stable weather conditions and favourable temperatures make it the ideal time for Tilicho Lake trek.
Spring is another best time for trekking the Tilicho Lake. There are favorable temperatures for trekking in the daytime. Many wildlife animals come out of their hibernation during this season. You will get a great experience trekking in the natural beauty of the region.
Moreover, the monsoon season brings heavy rainfalls in the region. There are slippery and leech infested trails in the monsoon season. The temperatures drop to sub zero levels in the winter season. Hence, you should trek in Autumn and Spring for a great trekking experience.
Trip Departure : Any Dates on your requested
Tilicho Lake Trek Itinerary
Cost Include / Exclude
- Airport/ Hotel/ Airport Transportation
- Two Nights Standard Hotel in Kathmandu including Breakfast.
- Meals during the Trek (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) including Tea / Coffee
- All Permit and Company necessary paper works
- Transportation by 4*4 Wheel Jeep from Kathmandu to Chame and Manang to Beshishar / Kathmandu.
- All accommodations in lodges/tea houses during the treks.
- An experienced, helpful, friendly and English speaking Trekking guide , everything for him like his
- Salary, Food, Drinks, Accommodation, Transportation and Insurance.
- One Trekking porter between 2 guest. their food, accommodation and well paid salary.
- Arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service which will be paid by your Travel insurance company.
- Trekking equipment: Sleeping bag, down jackets, Duffle bag and walking stick, if necessary.
- Adventure Certificate.
- Medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- All government taxes.
- Service charge.
- Nepal entry visa fee (you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport Kathmandu).
- Travel insurance. Emergency rescue Evacuation
- Lunch Dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- All the bar bills like coke, beer, bottle of water, hot water etc.
- International airfare
- Tips for the guide and porter.