Tilicho Lake Trekking
Tilicho Lake Trekking – Trekking to highest Altitude lake (4919m) in the world with full of incredible view of breath-taking Himalayas, lush green hills, wide meadows, and traditional villages of the Buddhist
The adventurous Tilicho Lake Trekking to the glistening lake Tilicho is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Located at an altitude of 4919m, the Tilicho lake will enchant you with its magnificent beauty. The mystical lake lies at the foot of the majestic Tilicho peak in the Manang District.
Along with its immaculate natural beauty, Tilicho lake also holds great religious significance. The lake attracts hundreds of Hindu and Buddhist devotees every year. The trail of this outstanding trek passes through the natural landscapes of the Annapurna region.
You will get to witness the extraordinary views of the high mountain valleys, and the dry, barren hills of the region. You can also observe the 360-degree panoramic views of the Annapurna range. Our journey starts with a scenic drive from Kathmandu to Chame via Besisahar. We will start the trek from Chame towards Pisang on a scenic trail.
Moreover, the magical views of snow-capped mountains including Manaslu and Himal Chuli in the backdrop will spellbind you. We then pass through various settlements as the climate changes from subtropical to Trans Himalayan. We will move along the trail arriving at Manang where we spend a day acclimatizing. We then continue our trek to Siri Kharka and finally arrive at Tilicho Base Camp.
From the Base Camp, we trek for a day to arrive at the mystical waters of Lake Tilicho. We acclimatize along the trail to avoid altitude sickness. We then trek back to Siri Kharka and then head to Manang. Our trek comes to an end in Manang as we drive back to Besisahar. Finally, we drive back to Kathmandu where our trip officially ends.
The exquisite beauty and the incredible hospitality of local people will make you fall in love with the place. Read on to know more about Tilicho Lake Treks and other relevant information in detail.
Highlights of the Tilicho Lake Trekking
- Observing the entire Annapurna Himalayan range, including Annapurna I (8,091m), Mt. Manaslu (8,163m), and Dhaulagiri (8,167m)
- Visiting and exploring the turquoise blue Tilicho lake (4,919m)
- Exploring the culture, tradition, and lifestyle of Tibetan, Gurung and Magar community
- Observing the desert like hilly landscapes of Manang
- Passing by traditional settlements, and natural landscapes of the region
- Incredible hospitality of the Nepalese people
- Tasting the delicious local cuisine
Best time for Tilicho Lake Trekking
Tilicho Lake trek has unpredictable weather due to the high altitude conditions. Hence, you should trek in favorable seasons to avoid any potential risks and dangers. Autumn (September-November) and Spring (March-May) are the best time for Tilicho Lake Trekking.
The skies are clear with awe-inspiring views of the snow-capped mountains in Autumn. Similarly, there are many cultural festivals around the region as well. The stable weather conditions and favourable temperatures make it the ideal time for Tilicho Lake trek.
Spring is another best time for trekking the Tilicho Lake. There are favorable temperatures for trekking in the daytime. Many wildlife animals come out of their hibernation during this season. You will get a great experience trekking in the natural beauty of the region.
Moreover, the monsoon season brings heavy rainfalls in the region. There are slippery and leech infested trails in the monsoon season. The temperatures drop to sub zero levels in the winter season. Hence, you should trek in Autumn and Spring for a great trekking experience.
Trip Departure : Any Dates on your requested
- Arrive Kathmandu.
- Drive to Chame, By 4 * 4 wheel Jeep 2,670 m via Beshishar 800 m – 08 hrs.
- Trek to Pisang ( 3, 230 m) – 05 hrs.
- Trek to Manang Village (3,450 m )– 05 hrs.
- Rest day at Manang for local hikes and acclimatization.
- Trek from Manang to Sirikharaka village (4060m.) 5-6 hours trek.
- Trek from Siri Kharka to Tilicho Base Camp (4, 200m) 3-4 hours trek.
- In The morning Hike to Tilicho Lake (4,949m then back to Siri Kharka: 5-6 hours
- Trek from Sirikharka to Manang 3-4 hours trek.
- Drive from Manang to Beshishar.
- Drive Back to Kathmandu and we go for a farewell dinner in the evening.
- Transfer to airport for final departure.
- Arrival in Kathmandu (1,396 m.) Our representative from our team will pick you to transfer you to a hotel in Kathmandu. You can rest in the evening at the hotel or go on a short sightseeing tour of the ancient city. Our team will also brief you about trekking Tilicho lake and other information in detail
- Drive from Kathmandu to Chame (2670 m) via Beshishar (800 m)
Our journey continues with a scenic drive from Kathmandu to Chame, which takes around 8 hours to complete. This beautiful tour provides you with the region’s natural surroundings, including green hills, serene waterfalls, and pristine rivers.Various markets along highways let you experience the bustling atmosphere of the area. Travelers will pass through Besisahar to arrive at the beautiful settlements of Chame. Chame is the starting point of our Tilicho lake trekking, where we will rest in the evening and stay overnight.
- Trek from Besisahar to Pisang (3230 m) 5-6 hrs
Our trek journey starts with an uphill trek from Chame to Pisang. This beautiful trail provides you with the best views of snow-capped mountains. This incredible trek begins as you stroll around, passing through the dense green alpine woods of the region.
In Pisang, you can explore the beautiful settlements of local people and majestic views of snow-capped mountains. There are Tibetan inscribed mani walls and a Buddhist gompa. Travelers also take a short walk to a viewpoint where they can observe magical views of Annapurna II and Annapurna III. you will stay the night at a teahouse in the evening.
- Trek to Pisang to Manang Village (3450 m) 5-6 hrs
We will begin trekking these incredible landscapes early in the morning as we continue our tour to Manang. We will wake up early to observe the beautiful sunrise from Pisang and then trail uphill. You will walk past on a rugged high elevation path filled with many colorful Chortens.With around 500 houses, Manang village has many teahouses, lodges, and bakeries and is also the region’s headquarters. It has many viewpoints where you can observe snow-capped mountain views, including Annapurna III, Gangapurna, and others. There is also a significant icefall in the region.There is a beautiful ancient gumba and many lodges and teahouses in the winding streets of the Manang village. Travelers can stay overnight at a teahouse in the evening and rest for their remaining adventure.
- Acclimatization Day In Manang
On this day, we will continue our rest and acclimatization of Manang. Acclimatization is essential for Tilicho lake trekking and other high altitude treks in the region. However, acclimatization does not only mean that we rest for the day altogether. It also includes short hikes of around 1,000 feet to get acclimatized to the high altitude.Hiking destinations include Ice Lake, the Hundred Rupee Lama (cave gompa), Milarepa’s cave, across the Braga river, and others. Besides that, you can also go on a tour of the village and its many bakeries. You can also visit various viewpoints from where you can observe sunrise and sunset. You will rest and sleep at a teahouse in Manang.
- Trek from Manang to Sirikharaka village (4060m) 3- 4 hrs
The trail today starts with a scenic uphill route from Manang to Sirikharka. We will then follow the Khangsar Khola path, arrive at Khangsar, and head towards the traditional Tibetan village. Trails to SiriKharka will provide you with the best views of snow-capped mountains and other region’s natural beauties. The travelers can observe Himalayan blue sheep and other rare and endangered wildlife of the area.
- Trek from Siri Kharka to Tilicho Base Camp (4200m) – 5- 6 hrs Our trail starts from Siri Kharka to Tilicho base camp, which is the primary destination of our Tilicho Lake trekking journey. We will pass through a Buddhist monastery and continue our journey on a relatively new trail. It gradually moves upward to a high ridge to arrive at an interjection that separates two paths. One path maintains the altitude as we climb up a slope to arrive at the narrow valley. The other path goes uphill towards the ridge’s line.The former path is a relatively challenging one as it is steep, whereas the new course is long but less complicated. We will continue along a new direction, cross a high crest, and descend on switchbacks on the central valley side. We will finally arrive at the Tilicho base camp after a trek of a few hours. We can explore around and take magnificent pictures of the region.
- Early Morning Hike to Tilicho Lake (4,949m) then back to Siri Kharka – 6 -7 hrs.Our trail starts with an early sunrise overlooking snow-capped mountains and other natural vistas of the region. This incredible trail takes around 3-4 hours to arrive at Tilicho Lake. Tilicho Lake looks spectacular with magical surroundings all around. Upon arriving at this highest lake in the world, you can take as many pictures and explore the region.The trail trekking Tilicho lake then descends back to base camp, where you can have breakfast and lunch. After traveling alongside the riverside, travelers will take the steep climb to arrive at the landslide area to Siri Kharka. You can relax at the tea houses in the evening.
- Trek from Sirikharka to Manang, 3230 m – 5 -6 hrs Our trek starts from Sirikharka to Manang as we trek through the Annapurna Circuit. We will pass through the villages of Yak Kharka to arrive at the Manang village. The beautiful trail passes through the riverside as we can observe the monastery. We will stop at Khangsar to have lunch before reaching Manang. After exploring around the region, we will rest for the evening at a teahouse..
- Drive from Manang to Besisahar. – 7 hrs .We will continue this incredible journey with a scenic drive from Manang to Besisahar. We pass through various apple farms and village settlements. The trail provides travelers with an excellent opportunity to explore around highway settlements of the region before arriving at Besisahar.
- Drive Back from Besisahar to Kathmandu , 5 hrs Our journey starts with a trip to Kathmandu from Besisahar. We will observe beautiful views of the snow-capped mountains along winding roads. After arriving in Kathmandu, we will stay overnight at a teahouse. Our Tilicho lake trekking journey concludes with a congratulatory dinner in Kathmandu.
- Final departure Our representative from our team will pick you up from the hotel and transfer you to the airport. You can board a flight to your next desired destination.
- Airport/ Hotel/ Airport Transportation
- Two Nights Standard Hotel in Kathmandu including Breakfast.
- Meals during the Trek (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) including Tea / Coffee
- All Permit and Company necessary paper works
- Transportation by 4*4 Wheel Jeep from Kathmandu to Chame and Manang to Beshishar / Kathmandu.
- All accommodations in lodges/tea houses during the treks.
- An experienced, helpful, friendly and English speaking Trekking guide , everything for him like his
- Salary, Food, Drinks, Accommodation, Transportation and Insurance.
- One Trekking porter between 2 guest. their food, accommodation and well paid salary.
- Arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service which will be paid by your Travel insurance company.
- Trekking equipment: Sleeping bag, down jackets, Duffle bag and walking stick, if necessary.
- Adventure Certificate.
- Medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- All government taxes.
- Service charge.
- Nepal entry visa fee (you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport Kathmandu).
- Travel insurance. Emergency rescue Evacuation
- Lunch Dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- All the bar bills like coke, beer, bottle of water, hot water etc.
- International airfare
- Tips for the guide and porter.