Damodar Kunda ( The Elevation 4890-m) very close to Nepal Tibet border, It is a Famous holy lake for Hindus people, situated rain shadow of High Himalayas north of Annapurna range just lap of the Damodar Mountain (6706m)
According to Hindus religious, It believed that people should go once in a lifetime and take a holy bath here. when you Bath in Damodar Kunda lake , it takes away from all sins done in a previous and current life time.
Damodar Kunda is famous not only for religious sport, it is also popular destination for adventure trekking lovers. Trekking to Damodar kunda, the views are spectacular, , just a short climb up some of the hills. a bit higher than the lakes, From here you can see the Tibetan plateau & Damodar Himal to the north and the massive Annapurna Himalayas to the south.
Damodar Kunda Trekking Route
Damodar Kunda Trekking Start from Jomsom after the 25 minutes flight from Pokhara and reach kagbeni, The Trek following by Kaligandaki river route of Upper mustang trail . We reach Lo – Manthang by crossing several typical Tibetan villages. Lo – Manthang is the capital of the local kingdom. Known as ancient kingdom Lo – Manthang is rich in oldest monasteries with Buddha painting which are built in centuries back. we acclimatize there for a day. Then we proceed to north east. From Lomanthang it takes three days to arrive Damodar Kunda. From this scread lake damodar kunda provide magnificent views of snow caped mountain , Includes Muktinath Himal (6,706m), Bhrikuti Peak (6,364m), Chuungian Chanma Himal (6,165m), Mustang Himal (6,623m), Araniko Chuli (6,034m) and other mountain peaks.
Best Time for Damodar kunda Lake Trekking
From March to October is the best season for Damodar Kunda Trekking . Rest of the months November to February is cold and snow in the path, it would be hard to trekking and some high passes. We will suggest you to Trekking during the full moon of August. every year there is a big festival and many Hindu and Buddhist pilgrimages visit full moon of August.
- Arrival in Kathmandu and transfer to hotel. Overnight Hotel
- Free Day and prepare for Upper mustang Trekking Permit.
- Drive to Pokhara, 860m (220 k.m) -06 hrs.
- Morning Flight to Jomsom 2,700 and trek to Kagbeni – 04 hrs
- Trek to Chele 3,050m – 06 hrs.
- Trek to Syangboche 3,474 m – 07 hrs.
- Trek to Ghaymi , 3520m, 5 hour
- Trek To Tsarang (Charang) 3,560 m – 06 hrs.
- Trek to Lo-Manthang 3,700 m – 04 hrs.
- Acclimation day in Lo-Manthang and local hike.
- Trek to Yara (7 Hours – 3530m).
- Trek to Ghuma Thanti (7 Hours – 4800m)
- Trek to Damodar Kunda (10 Hours – 4890)
- Explore and rest at Damodar Kunda
- Trek Back to Ghuma Thanti (8 Hours – 4800m)
- Trek Back Yara (7 Hours – 3530m)
- Trek to Tange (8 Hours – 3240m)
- Tetang (9 Hours – 3040m)
- Trek to Muktianth (6 Hours – 3800m)
- Trek to Jomsom 2,715 m – 04 hrs.
- From Jomsom morning fly to Pokhara.
- Drive back to Kathmandu.
- International departure homeward bound.
- Airport/ Hotel/ Airport Transportation
- Three Nights 3 Star Hotel in Kathmandu including Breakfast.
- Your standard meals during the Trek (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner)
- Annapurna Conservation fees.
- Upper Mustang Special permit
- Transportation by Tourist bus from Kathmandu / Pokhara / Kathmandu
- Pokhara to Jomsom and Return Pokhara by Flight.
- All accommodations in lodges/tea houses during the treks.
- An experienced, helpful, friendly and English speaking Trekking guide , everything for him like his
- Trekking porter ( One Porter between 2 guest)their food, accommodation and well paid salary.
- Two night standard accommodation in Pokhara.
- Arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service which will be paid by your Travel insurance company.
- Trekking equipment: Sleeping bag, down jackets, Duffle bag and walking stick, if necessary.
- Adventure Certificate.
- Medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- All government taxes.
- Service charge.
- Nepal entry visa fee (you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport Kathmandu).
- Travel insurance.Emergency rescue Evacuation
- Lunch Dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- All the bar bills like coke, beer, bottle of water, hot water etc.
- International airfare
- Tips for the guide and porter.
Related activities in Nepal
(Tour Highlights: View World’s five tallest mountains and five World Heritage Sites) The mother of all flights ‘Everest Mountain Flight’ is once in a lifetime experience for many die hard…
Everest Base camp Trek and fly back by Helicopter to Kathmandu -11 Days, It is the best Itinerary for those people who don;t Have long holiday and don;t want trek…
Highlights of the Trip Breathtaking Himalayan sunrise from various viewpoints along the trail 360 degree panoramic views of snow capped mountains including Mt. Everest, Ama Dablam, Lhotse, Nuptse, Makalu and…
Kathmandu and Bhaktpur Day Tour-7-8 Hours (Tour Highlights: Visiting Four World Heritage Sites) The beauty of these Kathmandu Bhaktapur Day Tour designed to take you different places that are significant…
Jomsom Muktinath trekking Via Poonhill explores the marvel at the splendid peaks of Annapurna-I Dhaulagiri Mountain with more than 8000m height Amazing fantastic view of the world’s deepest gorge of…
Highlights of Everest Base Camp Luxury Trek Completely hassle free travel 5- start hotel accommodation at Kathmandu and the finest accommodation along the trekking route Personalized care Desired departure date…
Everest base camp and Gokyo lake treks is one of the challenging adventure trekking in Mt Everest trekking region. The trek combines spectacular viewpoints and enthralling sights of world’s tallest…
Gokyo Valley and Everest Base Camp Trek via Cho La pass is a fascinating and most scenic adventure destination around high Khumbu of Everest Region. Adventure Great Himalaya presents this exclusive…
Everest Base camp Trekking With Island peak Climbing Join with us for marvelous and ever exciting adventure to Everest Base camp Trek and Island Peak climbing, on world famous and…
Upper Mustang Trek a unique journey, a favorite destination of professional photographers and travelers as this high and dry country offers tremendous scenery of mountains, amazing landscapes with immense culture retaining…