Poon Hill Trek 4 Days is the most famous short & easy trek within the Annapurna Sanctuary. This trek is perfect for all amateurs hikers and those who want to experience the thrill of trekking in a short time. With alluring routes, Poon Hill trek can be easily done in four days.
Being the best short trek, you can experience the magnificence of Annapurna range up-close. The picturesque peaks start dominating the skyline right after you begin your trek. Even from your ending point (Ghandruk), there are magical and gorgeous mountain views.
You can also enjoy spectacular scenery through charming villages, full of dense & colorful rhododendron forests. Inhabited by Gurung, Magar, Thakalis; you will soak into their local culture, tradition, and lifestyle.
Moreover, you will also encounter fascinating natural treasures like waterfalls, hot springs, and rare species of birds & animals throughout the trek. This trek offers a great combination of both natural and cultural exposure.
As a whole, 4 Days Poon Hill Trek will give you an amazing trekking experience in a short time. Regarding permits, you will require ACAP and TIMS Card.
Highlights of Poon Hill Trek 4 Days
- Easiest and Best short trek within the Annapurna Region
- Foremost choice for amateurs and travelers with limited time
- Witness the phenomenal sunrise and panoramic views of Annapurna and Dhaulagiri massifs from Poon Hill (3210m)
- Unobstructed glimpse of apical peaks (>8000m) like Annapurna, Dhaulagiri, Manaslu, and the Machhapuchhre
- Walkthrough the largest rhododendron forest, waterfalls, rice terraces, and unique landscapes
- Soak into the indigenous culture like Gurung, Magar, and Thakalis within the villages like Ghandruk, Ulleri, Hile, Ghorepani, etc.
Best Season/Time For Poon Hill Trek 4 days
Ghorepani Poon Hill Trek is a four-season trek with tea houses open even in the winter season. Every season might have its pros and cons. So, we suggest Spring (March-May) and Autumn (September-November) season for this trek.
In these seasons, temperate is moderate. Mother nature starts blooming in its full colors. The mountain views are unobstructed and clearer. You can enjoy spectacular sceneries all around with serene weather conditions.
Food & Accommodation
Poon Hill Trek has relatively advanced routes so you don’t have to worry about food & accommodation much. Your accommodation will be in a comforting teahouse. The rooms might be smaller in size with twin sharing beds but will be clean and comfortable.
You will have your breakfast and dinner in the teahouse you stayed. Dal and Bhat is the most preferable food. You can also have noodles, soup, momos, pizzas, eggs, and even non-veg items. For water, you can ask for boiled filter water in teahouses.
Is Poon Hill Trek Difficult?
The total Poon Hill Trek distance is 32 miles (51 KM) that will be covered in 4 days. With the maximum elevation of 3210 meters, you will be walking about 5-6 hours on average. That is why this trek is suitable for amateurs. There are rare chances of getting Altitude Mountain Sickness (AMS).
But on the way to Poon Hill early morning, you might face some difficulties. Thus, it is recommendable to drink hot water beforehand. Whilst on the trek, you have to take care of everything. Drink enough water and don’t stress your body much. Take enough rest and follow a healthy diet.
Poonhill Trek 4 Days Itinerary
01: Pokhara to Nayapu by Car / van then trekking to Ulleri , 4 hour, 1980m
02: Trekking from Ulleri to Ghorepani, 6 Hour, 2840m
03: Trekking from Ghorepani to Poonhill ( 32410m, then trek to Tadapani 2640m, 6 Hour trek,
04: Trekking to Ghandruk, 3 Hour – then drive back Pokhara by Jeep.
After breakfast few hour drive to Nayapul unto Bherethati by the river Modi, from here walk begins through nice villages coming across trekkers, mule and donkey trains, our route leads to farm areas and villages, waterfalls then reaching at Tirkehdhunga for overnight stop in the comfort of a nice cozy lodge after a good day walks of few hours.
Morning starts with steep uphill climb on stone steps for an hour or more to reach on top Ulleri village, moderate size villages with houses in traditional Nepalese style of slated roofs from here walk leads with gradual slow climb into enchanting cool rhododendron and pine forested area to reach at Ghorepani village, located on a ridge surrounded with beautiful rhododendron trees. This village inhabited mostly by Poon people of Magar tribe and famous for Poon Hill view top which is an hour climb.
Early morning climb to the top of Poon Hill to catch the stunning sunrise over array of Himalayan peaks from world 7th highest Dhaulagiri-10th highest Annapurna with range of peaks including world 8th highest Manaslu with majestic Machhapuchare peak “Fish Tail”. After enjoying exciting moment head back to Ghorepani and continues trek with uphill and downhill through cool forest then reaching at Tadapani for overnight stop.
From this peaceful village walk downhill into cool forest of rhododendron and pines trees to reach on top of Ghandruk villages, on reaching Ghandruk a Gurung village famous as Gorkha soldiers in foreign countries UK-India and Singapore enlisted as soldiers, besides army services are traditional farmers and cattle herders of Buddhist / Bon religion and culture. Ghandruk one of the largest villages around Annapurna area here in the comfort of a nice cozy lodge after a good day walks of few hours. We will stop Ghandruk for Lunch, then walk an hour to Kimche. from Kimche drive back to Pokhara.
- Daily 3 Times Meals during the Trek (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner)
- All Necessary Trekking Permit and Company necessary paper works
- All Ground transportation by Tourist bus from Kathmandu to Pokhara and Kathmandu
- All accommodations in lodges/tea houses during the treks.
- Trekking Guide: An experienced, helpful, friendly and English speaking Trekking guide , everything for him like his
- Trekking Porter for Cary your luggage ( One Trekking porter between 2 guest) their food, accommodation and well paid salary.
- Adventure Certificate.
- Medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- All government taxes.
- Service charge.
- Nepal entry visa fee (you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport Kathmandu).
- All the bar bills like coke, beer, bottle of water, hot water etc.
- Tips for the guide and porter.