Rara Lake, is one of the largest and deepest fresh water lake lies in western part of Nepal, located In Rara National park, 370 km northwest of Kathmandu in the Mugu district.
Rara lake is one of the famous Trekking destination In Nepal, It is outstanding Trekking trip with breathtaking views of the lake, lush of green hills and back drop mountains allure you with its extreme fascinations.
Rara Lake Trekking is beaten trail, less crowed remote trekking. The Pristine lake Rara an altitude of 2990 m and over 106.8 square km in size. The lake mirrors the surrounding snow caped mountains , with beautiful flowers and herbs including the Nepal national flower rhododendron, oak, West Himalayan spruce, black juniper and Himalayan cypress.
Rara Lake Trekking start from Jumla which take flight from Kathmandu to Nepalganja and Jumla, from Jumla The Trek to leads Passing the indigenous communities , The trail comprises of many ascends and descends through the low lands, alpine forests, and ethnic villages, different lifestyle of the local people, their language.
When to Visit Rara Lake
The spring ( March to May ) and Autumn season (September to December) is best time to visit Rara Lake, During this season offers excellent weather and you’ll get tantalizing mountain views the Himalayas reflecting in the lake. The sky is clear and the lake is a crystal blue, Blooming colourful Rhododendrons everywhere.
Highlight of Rara lake Trekking
# Explore the largest and deepest freshwater Princes lake ( Rara Lake)
# A scenic flight to and from Jumla Airport
# Experience the remote Local people and their unique Culture
# Climb the Chuchemara hilltop 4090m for Enjoying The spellbinding views of the deep blue lake, surrounding forests, and snow-capped peaks
# Trek through dense forests of rhododendron, oak, and pine
# Encounter with Several Himalayan wildlife and birds such as Himalayan Thar, black bear, red panda, musk deer, leopards etc
Rara Lake Trekking Itinerary
Cost Include / Exclude
- Airport transfer (Airport – Hotel – Airport) by private car/van/bus.
- 3 Nights of 3 Star Hotel in Kathmandu with Breakfast .
- 3 meals a days (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during the trek.
- All necessary Trekking permit.
- All necessary paper works.
- All accommodations in lodges/tea houses during the trek.
- Flight ticket from Kathmandu to nepalganj – Jumla – return Kathmandu.
- Trekking Guide :An experienced, helpful and good English Speaking Guide.
- Trekking Porter (1 porter for 2 trekkers), including their well paid salary, food, drinks, accommodation, transportation and insurance.
- Arrangement for Emergency Helicopter service which will be paid by your Travel insurance company
- Company T-shirt and Trekking map
- Medical supplies (first aid kit will be available)
- All government taxes and service charge.
- International airfare and Nepal entry visa fee
- Travel insurance.
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
- All the Bar bills and personal expenses (phone call, laundry service, battery recharge, Hot Drinks, bottle of Drink, hot water, shower, WI-FI
- Tips for the guide and porter. .