Royal Trek – an easy yet fascinating camping trek in Nepal. But you can opt to spend nights at hotels and tea houses. Imagine sleeping under the blanket of sparkling stars and waking up in spectacular location.
The Royal Trek in Nepal is so named because Prince Charles and his 90 entourage visited here in early eighties shortly before he married Princess Diana. The route is also used by Nepal’s royal family; making it popular among travel seekers.
Royal Trek is one of easiest yet beautiful trekking route in the Annapurna region suitable for all; even for the beginners and elderly people. The trail takes you through an easy route with gentle ups and downs that goes to ridges and valleys. We make sure; you will hike on spectacular section of royal trail to offer you a complete experience.
The royal trek package not only introduces you the majestic Annapurna region but also takes you through a route full of exotic villages and stunning landscapes. This trek is the best way to get closer to the Himalayas, to discover the wonders of nature and sharing the warmth of its people. If you want to explore Annapurna on foot, so you can really soak in its nature, landscapes and wildlife,
Then Royal Trek is best option for you. It is perfect for those who wants the mountain hiking experience but are limited by time and fitness.
Royal Trek Highlights
- Following the footsteps of Prince Charles and royal families of Nepal
- Luxury Camping in the serene landscapes of Annapurna region
- Opportunity to explore the livelihood of the local people, the culture followed, the flavors
- induced in their food and value life in its most simple form
- Incredible views of Himalayans including 55km long Annapurna massif, Jagged Machhapuchhre,7 th highest Dhaulagiri and more
- Opportunity to explore Himalayan floral and faunal species at their natural form
Royal Trek Route
The journey of Royal Trek start with an exciting drive to Pokhara through the beautiful countryside andfollowing the down steam of Trishuli River. Trishuli is famous white water river rafting spot suitable for family & beginners. The Royal trial follows the flat route through rice fields and climbs gently up to the ridge top through Brahaman and Chhetri village and continue towards Kalikasthan (1,370m/44 94 ft). Set a camp at a ridge top nearby Kalikasthan; offering good view of Annapurna massifs including Annapurna South and Machhapuchhre.
From Kalikasthan, the trail follows the forested ridge through Thaluket Mathi Thana and then make a short climb to reach Naudanda. At Thaluket Mathi Thana, there are some teahouses where we can halt to take a cup of tea and snacks. Further continuing through ridge, we reach Lipni Village and make a steep but a quick ascend to the village of Shaklung. Shaklung is small village engulfed by magical rhododendron forest. We overnight at a camp nearby the village.
The Himalayan Panorama becomes more dramatic as the route takes us closer to Annapurna II, Lamjung, Manaslu and Hiuchuli. From Shaklung, the royal trail drops down steeply and pass several teahouse and police check-point. Here the trail splits: W trail leads to Begans Lake and E to the Narshyangdi Khola. We climb about 600m winding around the back of Hill to reach Chisapani. Chisapani offers the great Himalayan Panorama – Annapurna I, Machahapuchhre and Dhaulagiri are some name to few.
Next day, we walk all the way down to Begnas Tal. Initially we descend down to Rupatal and then climb about 200m to reach Sundare Danda. 15 minutes leisurely walk will take us to Begnas Tal where we enjoy boating. We can interact with paddlers to know about their life and hardship. We then board on a private vehicle back to the hotel at Pokhara. You can either fly or drive via same route back to Kathmandu.
What We Offer
Our Royal Trek Package includes complete set up and pack down of your campsite (pitch & pack) and everything needed to cook, sleep and eat including a private toilet and shower. A professional trek guide and porter will accompany to assist you throughout the trek. Likewise, “a team of Kitchen” will join you to offer you a hygienic and delicious food. Read Cost Info Section for further information.
- Arrive in Kathmandu.
- Drive to Pokhara 860m (220 k.m) -06 hrs.
- Pokhara to Kalikasthan ,1,370m, 1 hr drive, 4-5 hrs trek
- Trek Kalikasthan to Syaklung ,1,730m,5-6 hrs
- Trek Syaklung to Chisapani ,1550m, 5-6 hrs
- Trek Chisapani to Pokhara ( 3 hour trek and drive 1 hour)
- Drive / Fly back to Kathmandu.
- International departure homeward bound.
- Airport/ Hotel/ Airport Transportation
- Two Nights standard Hotel in Katmandu including Breakfast.
- Your standard meals during the Trek (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner)
- All Permit and Company necessary paper works
- All Ground transportation by tourist bus from Katmandu to Pokhara and returned Kathmandu
- All accommodations in lodges/tea houses during the treks.
- An experienced, helpful, friendly and English speaking Trekking guide , everything for him
- Trekking porter ( One Porter between 2 guest) . their food, accommodation and well paid salary.
- Two night standard accommodation in Pokhara.
- Arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service which will be paid by your Travel insurance company.
- Trekking equipment: Sleeping bag, down jackets, Duffel bag and walking stick, if necessary.
- Adventure Certificate.
- Medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- All government taxes.
- Service charge.
- Nepal entry visa fee (you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport Kathmandu).
- Travel insurance.Emergency rescue Evacuation
- Lunch Dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- All the bar bills like coke, beer, bottle of water, hot water etc.
- International airfare
- Tips for the guide and porter.