Tsum Valley and Ganesh Himal base camp Trek is another popular less tourist trekking destination in Nepal Himalayas. The remote Tsum Valley is one of the hidden gems of Nepal. Tsum Valley is known as the Beyul Kyimolung, the holy hidden valley of happiness first described by Guru Rimpoche (Padmasambhava) in the eighth century. Milarepa meditated in the caves of Piren Phu and there are centuries old nunneries.
Tsum Valley Ganesh Himal Base camp, The trail starts low, passing through lush green countryside and small Hindu villages. You enter Tsum Valley from the main trail and will soon find yourself in beautiful pine and rhododendron forests. Heading east the valley opens up to reveal beautiful landscapes and small Tibetan-style villages. There are basic guesthouses all along the trail so you can choose if you want to camp or stay at the teahouses/guesthouses.
The Tibetan Buddhist culture is still very prevalent in Tsum and the scenery is stunning with beautiful forests and countryside overshadowed by the towering Ganesh Himal. Tsum comes from the Tibetan word ‘Tsombo’, which means vivid and after visiting Tsum, you will understand how the valley got this name.
Tsum Valley & Ganesh Himal Base camp Trek Itinerary
Cost Including and Excluding
- Round trip airport transfer (Airport – Hotel – Airport)
- 3 nights at standard hotel in Kathmandu, including breakfast and Wi-Fi.
- Your standard meals during the trek (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner)
- All Permit and necessary paper works
- All ground transportation from Kathmandu to Sotikhola and returned Kathmandu by Private Local Bus.
- All accommodations in lodges/tea houses during the treks.
- An experienced, helpful, friendly, and English speaking trekking guide (including his well-paid salary, insurance, meals, drinks, accommodation, transportation, etc.)
- Trekking Porter, One porter for every 2 members (including well-paid salary, insurance, meals, drinks, accommodation, transportation, etc.)
- Arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service which will be paid by your Travel insurance company.
- Trekking equipment: Sleeping bag, down jackets, duffel bag and walking stick, if necessary.
- Adventure Certificate.
- Medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- All Government Taxes and Service Charge.
- Nepal entry visa fee (you may easily obtain Visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport – Kathmandu).
- Your travel and rescue insurance.
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
- International airfare and airport departure tax.
- All food in Kathmandu. Also in any case of early return from mountain (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary.
- All the expenses in mountain over than scheduled itinerary (due to strike, delay or flight cancellation)
- Extra night at hotel in Kathmandu
- All bar bills and personal expenses (phone call, laundry service, battery recharge, bottle of water, hot water, hot/cold shower, pot of tea, coffee etc.)
- Tips for guide and porter.