10 Days Annapurna Base Camp Trek is a an exciting journey that harmoniously incorporates all the features and attributes of Annapurna Conservation Area to offer short trekking experience for travelers who are short on time.
ABC Trek -10 Days is one of the most eccentric yet common trekking destination in mid-western Himalaya of Nepal. Annapurna Base Camp lures thousands of trekkers to enjoy its astounding blend of nature and Himalayan culture. The trekking route offers the grand scenery of ice giants like Mt. Annapurna I, II, III, & IV, Mt. Dhaulagiri, Mt. Machhapuchhre and numbers of other peaks.
The magical forest, rocky trail, glacial rivers, cultural villages and beautiful pasture make this one of the best trek in Himalaya. The good thing is; it takes just 10 days to complete the entire trek. Equally popular Everest Base Camp Trek takes at least 14 days and is very expensive compared to Annapurna Base Camp Trek.
Annapurna Base Camp nestles at 4,130m; so acclimatization is the major factor. Annapurna Base camp trek 10 Days itinerary ensures proper acclimatization by limiting gain in daily altitude. The trek, however is easy, and can be accomplished by anyone reasonably fit.
Nepal 10 Days Annapurna Base Camp Trek goes through picturesque villages and discover their unique culture and tradition. We will stay at local tea-house which allows firsthand experience of daily their daily lifestyle. The region is per-dominantly inhabited by Tibet-Ber mo group – Magar and Gurung. There are known for their bravery in British Gurkha Regiment.
What to Expect during Annapurna Base Camp Trek?
We walk between 5 – 7 hours a day – the trek duration depends on the pace. Remember the trek comprises numbers of ups and downs and some flat. At some point, you have negotiate with lots of stairs.
The 10 days Annapurna Base Camp Trek difficulties level is Moderate, the maximum altitude is 4130 meter high at the base camp. It isn’t too bad and the route we follow on itinerary offers plenty of time to rest when needed. You can use hiking poles to help relieve you joints while up and down on mountain.
You will have limited selection of tea house lodge accommodation on the trail. Though the accommodation is basic, you will feel comfortable and the beds are planned on twin-sharing basis.
Almost every tea house on the trail have access to boiled purified drinking water, bottle of water and hot water. Per liter water costs Rs.50 – 500; it depends where you are. Cold shower is free but we recommend you to take hot water shower as it is extremely cold up there. The price range between Rs.100 – 500 per head.
Like you accommodation, the food choices are also limited. We suggest you have the authentic Nepali cuisine – Daal Bhaat & Tarkari which is filly and offer healthy calorie. However, there are some choices of common international foods like Pasta, Noodles soup, Mo Mo, Pizaa etc.
Highlights of Annapurna Base Camp Trek
- Stunning view of Panoramic Midwestern Himalayan range – Annapurna I, II, III & IV, Dhaulagiri, Nilgiri, Machhapuchhre and more
- Diverse geography and vegetation – low subtropical, alpine and the arctic terrain
- Cultural mid hill villages with warm and hospitable locals
- Two Base Camp in single trek. You will visit both Annapurna Base Camp and Machhapuchhre Base Camp
- Beautiful forest endowed with marigold, rhododendron and other wildflowers
Annapurna Base camp Trek -10 days Itienrary
Cost include / Exclude
- Pokhara to Nayapul by Car / Van and Jhinu to Pokhara by Jeep
- Meals in Trekking:– 3 meals a day during the trek (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner)
- Hot Drink -Tea, Coffee
- All Permit and necessary paper works
- All accommodations in lodges/tea houses during the treks.
- Trekking Guide: An experienced, helpful, friendly, and English speaking trekking guide .
- Trekking Porter – One porter for 2 Members – No porter for Solo Trekkers
- Trekking Guide, porter insurance .
- Adventure Certificate. Trekking Map,
- Medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- All Government Taxes and Service Charge.
- Personal Travel insurance.
- Bottle of Drinks, and extra hot drinks
- All bar bills and personal expenses (phone call, laundry service, battery recharge