Budget Everest Base Camp Trek
Trek Duration : 12 Days
Moode of Trekking : Lodge / Tea ouse
Destination : Kalapather & Everest Base Camp
Maximum Altitude : 5545m
Group Size : 2+
$ 800 USD
Is the Everest Base Camp trek in your bucket list? Do you keep on postponing this tour because of your budget? This might sound surprising, but the Everest Base Camp trek is doable staying on a budget.We are here to make your dream come true. We can manage a budget Everest Base Camp trek for you.
We will take care of the necessary permits. Our guide and porter will be by your side throughout the trek. Fooding and lodging are not included in this package. You will have the option to choose where you sleep, rest, and eat. You can optimize your entire expenses and manage your cost during the trek.
Highlights of Budget Everest Base Camp Trek:
- An early morning adrenaline flight from Kathmandu to the well-famed Lukla Airport.
- Panoramic view of the Mahalangur Himalayan range
- Experience the ancient Sherpa culture and their lifestyle
- Walkthrough dense forest and lush vegetation
- Beautiful view of the incredible valleys surrounded by the astounding Himalayas
- Most beautiful sunrise view from Kalapatthar
- A clear sky full of stars at night
- Experience calming Buddhist chanting at the infamous Tengboche Monastery
Sitting on the lap of the tallest mountain in the world, Mount Everest (8848m) can be overwhelming. The 360-degree panoramic view of the giant rocky structures is unforgettable. The snow-capped summit is something you will remember for the rest of your life.
Budget Everest base camp trek lets you visit one of the most desired places in the world. You will experience a journey full of adventure, thrilling experiences, and exciting trails. On top of that, you will climb Kalapatthar (5643m) to experience heaven on earth.
The Everest region is home to the Sherpa people. This region reflects the ancient Sherpa and Tibetan culture. A visit to the Everest region lets you meet these loving people and experience their warm hospitality.
Mount Everest dominates the Everest region. It watches over hundreds of rare flora and fauna in the Sagarmatha National Park. Sagarmatha National Park is home to the rare Snow Leopard and Red Panda. But, the possibility of encountering these rare species during your trek is almost zero. Strolling through the wide vegetation and river makes the Budget Everest base camp trek even more incredible.
Trekking is all about life-changing experiences and thrilling moments. It’s all about patience and endurance. You will reach your limit, but self-motivation is everything.
You will get motivated even when the giant mountains look down upon you. You will get motivated when the clouds are moving and you are not. You will not be able to forget the reward you get upon reaching your destination. All those hard work, all those physical and mental endurance will pay off. And you can say you have done it.
Budget Everest Base Camp Trek Route:
Your journey to the base of the mighty Everest starts at Kathmandu. Most flights from Kathmandu to Lukla (2860m) leave in the morning. This thrilling 35 min flight lets you view beautiful landscapes and experience a nerve-wracking landing. Lukla holds one of the most dangerous airports in the world.
Your trekking starts at Lukla. You will spend your first night at Phakding (2652m) and trek to Namche (3445m) the next day. We spend a day at Namche to acclimatize ourselves to the changing surroundings. Since we will be spending many days at the high-altitude during the EBC trek, altitude sickness is a real threat! Thus proper acclimatization is a must to prevent the chances of falling prey to altitude sickness.
During the acclimatization day, we spend the day observing around Namche Bazaar and venturing up to the Everest view hotel. Everest View Hotel is well famed for its jaw-dropping panoramic views of the Mahalangur Himalayan Range. For better acclimatization, you can opt for an optional hike up to the Khumde and Khumjung village which offers fantastic views of the gigantic peaks. After the acclimatization day at Namche Bazaar, you will head towards Tengboche (3860m). You will walk through dense pine forest and cross a few rivers during your hike from Namche to Tengboche.
Tengboche is an ancient Settlement filled with Sherpa and Tibetan Traditions. Make sure you visit the widely renowned Tengboche Monastery. This is the Monastery where Tenzing Norgay Sherpa used to be a monk during his time. And if you are lucky enough, you will get to experience the soothing Buddhist chanting right here in Tengboche.
The next destination for you is Dingboche (4410m). Your body needs to cope with the altitude, so you will have another acclimatization day at Dingboche. During the acclimatization day, we hike up to the Nagarjun hill near Dingboche which offers fantastic all-round view of the Khumbu mountain range. The following day, you will head towards Lobuche (4940m). Finally, you will reach Everest Base Camp (5380m) the next day via Gorak Shep (5160m).
After conquering the Everest Base Camp, you will climb up to Kala Patthar (5643m) on the following day. The hike up to the Kala Patthar viewpoint is challenging, but the reward you get is astounding. The panoramic view of some of the tallest mountains in the world is outstanding. The first ray of sunlight hitting the summit of Mount Everest cannot be expressed in mere letters.
You will return from Kala Patthar and spend the night at Pheriche (4371m). Your journey ends at Lukla after a pleasant night at Namche Bazaar.
Food and Accommodations on Budget Everest Base Camp Trek
The Everest region is a remote area, and there are no proper modes of transportation in these areas. Everything needs to be carried or flown to this area. Hence, foods cost more than accommodation.
I recommend you try the local delicacies while you travel to the Everest region. You can even find the world’s highest bakery cafe in Lobuche.
Each year thousands of local and foreign tourists visit this place to see the mighty Everest from up close. Thus, there are many rest houses and tea houses that provide accommodations in this region. But, these places tend to get busy during the peak trekking seasons.
You will be paying all the food and accommodation charges by yourself.
Difficulties during Budget Everest Base Camp Trek
There are some harsh ascends during your trek. Some trails are challenging and some are moderate. Altitude sickness is one of the major difficulty factors during the trek. But, with proper acclimatization, the Everest Base Camp trek is fairly moderate in difficulty.
There are 5 to 6 hours of trekking in a day. But, the difficulties of trekking do not limit to physical stress only. You will be mentally tired during this trek. Yes, there will be times when you will feel alone. There will be times when you feel tired and cannot take a step ahead. And there will be times when you will miss your warm bed back home.
You have to be mentally strong and self-motivated, and you will complete this trekking without any difficulties.
Best Season for the Everest Base Camp Trek
Pre-Monsoon (March, April, May) and Post-Monsoon (September, October, November) are the best times to visit the Everest Base Camp. These months are the primary trekking seasons in Nepal. You can see a clear sky, beautiful landscapes, lush Rhododendrons, and sharp mountains during these months.
But, the trekking routes tend to get busy during trekking seasons. You can do the Everest Base Camp Trek in Monsoon. But, it rains most of the time and all you can see is clouds.
The Everest base camp trek in winter is possible if the weather stays right. Yet, this trekking is not recommended in mid and late winter. You can complete this trek during early December. December is the beginning of winter in Nepal. The sky is clear during this time of year, and you will be able to enjoy this trek even more. But, the weather in the Everest region is unpredictable. You must always be extra careful.
Note: The Everest region is a conservative area. There are hundreds of floras and faunas. Make sure you do not engage in any acts that might harm them. Make sure you keep your environment clean. Do not make this beautiful place a dumping site. Make sure you follow the Nepal government and local rules.
- Take morning flight from Kathmandu to Lukla (2,830 m.) and trek to Phakding (2,640 m., 4-hour trek).
- Trek From Phakding to Namche Bazzar. (3440m 5 hour)
- Rest Day – Acclimation Day At Namche.
- Trek from Namche Bazaar to Tengboche (3,867 m., 5-hour trek).
- Trek from Tengboche to Dingboche (4,260 m., 5-hour trek).
- Rest Day – Acclimation Day At Namche.
- Trek from Dingboche to Lobuche (4,930 m. 5-hour trek).
- Trek from Lobuche to Gorak Shep (5,170 m.) and continue to Everest Base Camp (5,364 m.,) and return to Gorakshep (6-hour trek).
- Early morning, hike to Kalapathar (5,545 m.,) and trek to Pheriche (4,240 m. 5-hour trek).
- Trek from Phireche to Namche Bazzar (3,467 m., 6-hour trek)
- Trek from Namche Bazaar to Lukla (2,800 m., 6-hour trek)
- Take flight from Lukla to Kathmandu
- Domestic Airport Transfer (Hotel / Airport – Hotel )
- Trekking Permit: Necessary All Trekking Permit and company paperwork.
- Domestic flight Ticket: (KTM-LUK-KTM) Limit weight is 16 kg per person.
- Trekking Guide: An experienced, helpful, friendly, and English speaking trekking guide (including his well-paid salary, insurance, meals, drinks, accommodation, transportation, and guide’s flight etc.)
- Trekking Porter : Carry your luggage if you needed. One Porter for 2 Members ( Maximum Weight is 25 kg.
- Arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service which will be paid by your Travel insurance company.
- Everest Trekking map,Walking Poles if needed.
- Company T-Shirt, Duffel Bag if needed.
- Medical supplies (first aid kit will be available)
- All Government Taxes and Service charge.
- International Air fair and Nepal entry visa fee
- Travel insurance and emergency rescue evacuation.
- All Meals and Accommodation
- Hot and Bottle of Drinks
- Hot Shower
- Electronic device re-charge such as Mobile, Camera etc.
- Additional cost by out of management control due to bad weather condition, illness, change of government policies, strikes, and physical condition etc
Related activities in Everest Base Camp Trekking
Everest Base camp Trek return by Helicopter-11 Days, Take you Hike to Base camp and return back by Helicopter. It is the best Itinerary for those people who don;t want…
Highlights of Everest Base Camp Luxury Trek Completely hassle free travel 5- start hotel accommodation at Kathmandu and the finest accommodation along the trekking route Personalized care Desired departure date…
Everest base camp and Gokyo lake treks is one of the challenging adventure trekking in Mt Everest trekking region. The trek combines spectacular viewpoints and enthralling sights of world’s tallest…