Gokyo Renjo la pass Trekking is the perfect trek for those who wish to avoid the busier trails in the Everest region. but still gain stunning views of High Himalaya including Mt Everest.
Trekking to Gokyo Valley and Renjo la pass take you through of Sherpa villages and yak pastures into the stunning Gokyo Valley with its beautiful lakes, and from where we ascend Gokyo Ri for one of the finest views of Everest and surrounding peaks including Cho Oyu (8201m) on the Tibetan border. From our remote high camp west of Gokyo we prepare for the highlight of the trek, the crossing of the Renjo La. The views of Everest are incredible as we weave our way to the top of the pass at 5400m.
Highlights of Gokyo Renjo La Pass Trek:
- Crossing the Renjo La Pass at an altitude of 5,340m, alongside magnificent panoramic views of the world’s giants including Mt Everest, Lhotse, Makalu, and others.
- Witness the beauty of the turquoise-colored magical Gokyo Lakes, with snow-capped mountains as the backdrop.
- Experience the trek through Sagarmatha National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, with rich flora and fauna.
- Explore the culture and picturesque villages of the Sherpa people.
Difficulty level of trek:
Graded as moderately challenging, the Gokyo Renjo La Pass trek gives a good challenge to the trekkers with the most rewarding adventure. One of the main factors challenging trekkers during the Gokyo Renjo La Pass trek is the altitude. Since the trek takes us to an elevation of approx. 5,340m, altitude sickness is something all trekkers need to be careful of. This concerning factor should be addressed properly while planning the trek in the first place, with proper acclimatization time considered. Another challenging factor of the trek can be its long trekking duration of 15 days, which requires proper physical fitness to be able to trek long hours.
Trekkers willing to go for this adventurous journey should be well prepared mentally and physically for altitude, long trekking hours, and unpredictable weather. With proper guidance and preparation, this captivating adventure can be achieved with comfort and safety.
What Makes Goyo Renjola Special Trek
Everest Museum / Namche Valley
Visiting the Namche Museum during your acclimatization day at Namche treats you with a unique enriching journey of exploring the rich history that the place holds.
The museum portrays the history of the Sherpa people, mountaineering history in the Everest region, its diverse flora and fauna, and other fascinating natural wonders. This little detour during the trek makes the journey more enriching.
Moreover, visiting the Everest View Hotel during the crack of dawn is a truly magical once-in-a-lifetime experience. The breathtaking view of the first warm rays of the sun hitting the world’s most iconic peak is guaranteed to leave you awestruck.
Climbing the Gokyo Ri during sunrise is one of the highlights of the trek that you should not miss. This climb offers a captivating view of the world’s giant Mt Everest, along with its surrounding peaks. The feeling of tranquility that the view serves, during the first light of the day amidst a panoramic view of the Himalayan ranges is unbeatable.
Walking around the Gokyo lakes is a fulfilling experience, with six astonishing turquoise-colored lake views alongside a picturesque view of the Himalayas. You can enjoy the picturesque view in serenity while resting and re energizing your body and mind.
Cost Include / Exclude
- All Airport Transfer (Airport – Hotel – Airport)
- Hotel in Kathmandu: 3 nights at 3 Star hotel in Kathmandu, including breakfast.
- Trekking Permit: Necessary Trekking Permit and company paperwork.
- Domestic flight Ticket: (Kathmandu / Lukla / Kathmandu)
- Trekking Guide: An experienced, helpful, friendly, and English speaking trekking guide (including his well-paid salary, insurance, meals, drinks, accommodation, transportation, and guide’s flight etc.)
- Trekking Porter: One Porter for every two trekkers.
- Trekking Equipment: Sleeping bag, Down jacket, Duffel bag
- Meals during the trek: 3 times ( Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner.
- Lodge to lodge accommodation during the trek
- Arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service which will be paid by your Travel insurance company.
- Medical supplies (first aid kit will be available)
- All Government Taxes and Service charge.
- Fair well dinner After the trek.
- International airfare and Nepal entry visa fee
- Personal Travel insurance and emergency rescue evacuation.
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu
- All the bar bills, such as cold drinks, alcoholic, non-alcoholic drinks, bottled water, pot of tea, etc.
- Tips for guide and porter