Gosaikunda Trek is Popular 4, 5 days moderate trekking in Langtang Region. The trek’s major highlight is the holy Lake of Gosaikunda. The lake occupies the total area of 4 square miles. More than 25,000 Hindus and Buddhists pilgrims come to take a dip in the lake during Janai Purnima (one of the popular Hindu festival), which falls on the month of August.
According to Hindu mythology, Lord Shiva himself created this high altitude lake when he pierced a glacier with his trident to obtain the water to quench this thirst after consuming poison gathered from the churning of the oceans.
Beside from religious site, Many foreigners choose Gosaikunda trek as their trekking destination, The Trek offering dozen of blue lakes surrounded by outstanding snow caped mountains views such as Annapurna ( 8091 m) Manaslu (8156 m) ,Himal Chuli (7893 m) and Ganesh Himal (7406 m).
Gosaikunda Lake Trekking begins and ends in the historic city of Kathmandu, and offers fascinating Himalayan views along the way. Get started with a 6 hour drive to the jumping off point in Dunche. Enjoy the diverse cultures you’ll encounter along the way. Exotic flora and peeks at native wildlife are additional benefits. It’s little lovely and enlightening short trek is one of our favorites!
Highlight of Gosaikunda Treks
# Visit the Scared Hindus and Buddhist pilgrim site Gosaikunda lake at an altitude of 4300 meters.
# Outstanding Mountain views of the Ganesh Himal, Annapurna, Himchuli, Langtang Lirung
# Explore the 5 beautiful High altitude lakes Among the 108 lakes of Nepal.
# Crossing the Laurebina Pass (4625m) with an excellent view
# Trekking through of dense forest and traditional ethnic settlements
Best Time for Gosaikiunda Trek
The Gosaikunda Trek Can be done for all year round, the best season is autumn (September to November) and spring season (March to May). At this season, the weather will be warm, blue sky with excellent views.
Gosaikunda Trek Itinerary
- Airport /Hotel/Airport Transportation.
- Hotel in Kathmandu: 2 night 2-3 Star Hotel in Kathmandu including Breakfast.
- Meals : 3 Times meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during the trekking.
- All necessary paper works and entry permits.
- Ground transportation by Bus from Kathmandu to Dhunche/ and returned to Kathmandu.
- All accommodations in lodge/tea houses during the treks.
- Trekkers’ Information Management System (TIMS) Permit.
- Trekking Guide, An experience, Good English speaking Trekking Guide.
- Trekking Porter. (One porter for every 2 clients)
- Arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service which will be paid by your Travel insurance company.
- Trek equipment: Sleeping bag, down jackets, Duffle bag and walking stick, if necessary. ( refundable after the trek)
- Medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- Adventure Certificate and Company T-shirt
- All government taxes.
- Service charge.
- Nepal entry visa fee (you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport – Kathmandu).
- Your Travel insurance and emergency rescue evacuation
- Lunch/ Dinner in Kathmandu.
- All bar bills, like beer, coke, bottle of water.
- Tips for the guide and porter.