Trip Duration : 8 Days
Best Time : October /Nov and March /April
Maximum Altitude : 4610m
Mode of Trip : lodge/ Tea house
Trek Grade : Moderate
Gosaikunda Holy lake trekking is a Popular 8- 9 days moderate trekking in Langtang Region. The trek’s major highlight is the holy Lake of Gosaikunda. The lake occupies the total area of 4 square miles. More than 25,000 Hindus and Buddhists pilgrims come to take a dip in the lake during Janai Purnima (one of the popular Hindu festival), which falls on the month of August. According to Hindu mythology, Lord Shiva himself created this high altitude lake when he pierced a glacier with his trident to obtain the water to quench this thirst after consuming poison gathered from the churning of the oceans.
Gosaikunda Holy Lake Trekking begins and ends in the historic city of Kathmandu, and offers fascinating Himalayan views along the way. Get started with a 6 hour drive to the jumping off point in Dunche. Enjoy the diverse cultures you’ll encounter along the way. Exotic flora and peeks at native wildlife are additional benefits. It’s little lovely and enlightening short trek is one of our favorites!
- Arrive Nepal and transfer to the Hotel.
- Kathmandu to Dhunche( 1960m) 6 hour by Bus
- Dhunche to Chandanbari ( 3330m) 5 hour hike
- Chandanbari to Gosaikunda lake (4165m)
- Climb Lauribina (4610m) Explore the Gisaikunda lake to Back Lauribina. (3910m) 6 hour
- Chandanbari to Dhunche( 1960m) 5 hour
- Dhunche to Kathmandu by Bus ( 6 hour)
- Departure from Nepal.
- Arrival in Kathmandu
Welcome to the country of Mt. Everest! As you arrive in Tribhuvan International Airport, our representatives will receive you and transfer to the hotel which you have booked in Kathmandu. Hotel staffs will complete check in and manage for your accommodation. We organize welcome dinner in the hotel in the evening with our team.
- Drive to Dhunche By Jeep (1,960m): 6/7 drive
Early morning breakfast in the hotel is followed by drive to Dhunche. The journey forwards through the hilly winding road along the Trishuli River. On the way, we get to experience fun mixing adventure as well as the great view of rivers, forest and terraced fields. Dhunche is the district headquarters of Rasuwa district and has headquartered of “Langtang national park” as well. Overnight at Dhunche. Meal: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
- Trekking Dhunche to Chandanbari (3,335m): 4/5 trek
After the breakfast we follow gradual uphill trail along the bamboo & Oak forest, pass the village of Deurali and Dimsa and reach to Sing Gompa for overnight stop today. Sing Gompa has a very famous monastery, so the place has great religious fame in the whole region. The place also offers the gigantic view of Langtang Himalayan ranges. Meal: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
- Trekking to Gosaikunda (4210m.)
On this day, we trek to Gosaikunda from Sin Gompa. We walk through the trail passing Laurebeni. You can explore the lakes around Gosaikunda. SaraswotiKunda, DudhKunda, BhairavKunda, AmaKunda, Chandra Kunda, RagatKunda etc. Gosaikunda Lake has a rock in the middle of it which is supposed to be God Shiva’s shrine. We stay overnight in camp.
- Explore the Gosainkunda lake and back to Lauribina( 3335m) 6 hour
Early morning climb to Lauribina pass ( 4610m) enjoy the view of mt Annapurna, Langtang, Dorjelakpa and back to Lauribana.
- Chandanbari to Dhunche( 5 hour)
- Dhunche to Kathmandu Jeep
After breakfast we drive back to Kathmandu by bus or Jeep.
- Departure from Nepal.
We will transfer to Airport as per your time. and good bye from Nepal.
- Airport /Hotel/Airport Transportation.
- Hotel in Kathmandu: 2 night 2-3 Star Hotel in Kathmandu including Breakfast.
- Meals : 3 Times meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during the trekking.
- All necessary paper works and entry permits.
- Ground transportation by Bus from Kathmandu to Dhunche/ and returned to Kathmandu.
- All accommodations in lodge/tea houses during the treks.
- Trekkers’ Information Management System (TIMS) Permit.
- Trekking Guide, An experience, Good English speaking Trekking Guide.
- Trekking Porter. (One porter for every 2 clients)
- Arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service which will be paid by your Travel insurance company.
- Trek equipment: Sleeping bag, down jackets, Duffle bag and walking stick, if necessary. ( refundable after the trek)
- Medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- Adventure Certificate and Company T-shirt
- All government taxes.
- Service charge.
- Nepal entry visa fee (you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport – Kathmandu).
- Your Travel insurance and emergency rescue evacuation
- Lunch/ Dinner in Kathmandu.
- All bar bills, like beer, coke, bottle of water.
- Tips for the guide and porter.
Related activities in Langtang Trekking
Langtang Valley and Tamang Heritage Trek is to explore and experience Tamang culture and heritage near Tibetan border through Langtang Valley. The trek is to get untouched cultural practice of Tibetan…