Great Himalayan Treks
The Great Himalayan Trail (eastern Nepal Himalayas 57 Days ) takes you walking to Base camp Of the World tallest peak Mt Everest, world third and fifth highest Mountain, Mount Kanchejung and Mount Maklau ,
The Great Himalayan Trail is one of the premium trekking routes in Nepal. This incredible trek route passes through remote parts of the country. Trekkers need to cross challenging mountain passes and forested trails on rugged terrains. The breathtaking views of snow-capped mountains will enchant any trekker along the journey.
The 57 days Great Himalayan Trail Treks starts from the far eastern part of the country. Trekkers will traverse the foothills of the third highest peak in the world, Mt. Kanchenjunga (8586 m) to World 5th Highest Mt Maklau ( 8488m) and ended in World Tallest peak Mt Everest ( 8848m) The forested hillsides are home to many rare and endangered wildlife. This extensive adventure requires a high level of fitness and stamina.
There are various viewpoints from where you can observe the Himalayan sunrise and sunset. You will pass through ancient villages with unique cultures and heritage. Moreover, you can stay at tea houses or camps based on your preferences. The incredible hospitality of the Sherpa community will spellbind you. You can also taste “Tongba”, a famous fermented drink made of millet.
The Great Himalayan Trail allows you to explore the remote parts of the country. This trek requires you to be flexible with the itinerary as there are many challenges. Adverse weather, snowy trails, landslides, and avalanches are some of the difficulties along the trek. You need to remain well prepared so that you can complete this trek with ease.
Eastern Nepal Great Himalayan Treks Route
We will start our trek from Kathmandu with a scenic flight to either Bhadrapur or Biratnagar and drive to Ilam. We will start our trek from Taplejung as we pass through various village settlements. The trail passes through Mitlung, Chiruwa, Sukethum, Amilosa, Yabla, Phale, and Gyabla to arrive at Ghunsa. After acclimatizing at Ghunsa, we will pass through Khangpachen, Lhonak to arrive at Kanchenjunga Base Camp.
After acclimatizing at Kanchenjunga base camp, we continue our trek through various settlements to reach Makalu Base Camp. After that crossing Challenging high pass Amphu Labtsa pass to Everest base camp. We will cross 3 high pass in Everest region,. After conquering these incredible landmarks, we will fly back to Kathmandu from lukla, where you can stay in a hotel. You can travel back to your desired destination.
Trekking this trail is an unforgettable journey of a lifetime. This outstanding trek package is available at a reasonable price. Read on to know more about them and other related information in detail.
The 9 Reason that Go to Great Himalayan Trail
- Trek the magnificent foothills of the highest mountain in the world
- Cross the highest passes on earth.
- An experience that others can only dream of doing.
- Experience the culture, tradition, and heritage of the Sherpa community
- Observing 8000m above snow-capped mountain peaks, including Mt. Everest, Kanchenjunga, Makalu, and others
- Gorgeous Himalayan sunrise and sunsets from various viewpoints along the trail
- Opportunity to spot diverse flora and fauna of the region
- Staying at cozy tea houses or camping in the night sky
- A warm welcome and the incredible hospitality of Nepalese people
When to Go East Nepal Great Himalayan treks ?
April-May and in October-November, are the best time to go for Great Himalayan treks.
Seasonality is an important consideration as snow fall could pose major problems. The October-November period has the most stable weather pattern throughout the year, but storms can come through, so flexibility in your schedule is important.
Navigation can also be a major challenge while crossing the Lumbha Sambha and along the wilderness route between Chyamtang/Hongon and Yangla Kharka, and is a little easier in the October-November period.
Arrive In Kathmandu.
Kathmandu City Guided Tour, 5, 6 Hour
Kathmandu Bhadrapur/Birantnagar by flight, drive to Ilam
Drive Ilam to Taplejung (1820 m)
Taplejung (1820 m) to Mitlung (920 m) 4 hrs
Mitlung (920 m) to Chiruwa (1270 m) 6 hrs
Chiruwa (1270 m) to Sukethum (1575 m) 5 1/2 hrs
Sukethum (1576 m) to Amjilosa (2308 m) 6 hrs
Amjilosa (2308 m) to Gyabla (2730 m) 5 hrs (or to Phale 3140 m, extra 2 hrs)
Gyabla (2730 m) to Ghunsa (3595 m) 4 1/2 hrs
Ghunsa (3595 m) Rest day
Ghunsa (3595 m) to Khangpachen (4050 m) 6 hrs
Khangpachen (4050 m) to Lhonak (4780 m) 5 hrs
Lhonak (4780 m) Rest day
Lhonak (4780 m) to Kanchenjunga Base Camp (5143 m) 4 hrs
Kanchenjunga Base Camp (5143 m) Rest day to ascend a small local peak
Kanchenjunga Base Camp (5143 m) to Kangpachen (4050 m) 4 hrs
Kangpachen (4050 m) to Ghunsa (3595 m) 3 hrs
Ghunsa (3595 m) to Nango La Camp (4776 m) 5 1/2 hrs
Nango La Camp (4776 m) to Yangma Khola (3430 m) 5 hrs
Yangma Khola (3430 m) to Olangchun Gola (3191 m) 4 hrs
Olangchun Gola (3191 m) to Pass Camp (4453 m) 7 hrs
Pass Camp (4453 m) to Thudam (3556 m) crossing the Lumbha Sambha Pass (5159 m) 7 hrs
Thudam (3556 m) Rest day
Thudam (3556 m) to Kharka (2700 m) 7 hrs
Kharka (2700 m) to Chyamtang (2187 m) 5 hrs
Chyamtang (2187 m) to Hongon (2323 m) 5 hrs
Hongon (2323 m) to Bakim Kharka (3020 m) 3 hrs
Bakim Kharka (3020 m) to Molun Pokhari (3954 m) 4 hrs
Molun Pokhari (3954 m) to Dhungge Kharka (3590 m) 5 hrs
Dhungge Kharka (3590 m) to Cave Camp (3115 m) 3 1/2 hrs
Cave Camp (3115 m) to Kalo Pokhari (4192 m) 5 hrs
Kalo Pokhari (4192 m) to Grazing Kharka (4097 m) 5 hrs
Grazing Kharka (4097 m) to Yangla Kharka (3557 m) 4 hrs
Yangla Kharka (3557 m) to Langmale Kharka (4410 m) 4 hrs
Langmale Kharka (4410 m) to Makalu Base Camp (4870 m) 4 hrs
Makalu Base Camp (4870 m) Rest day
rek To Hilari Camp (5100m0 – 5 hour
Trek to High Camp (5650m) 5 hour ( Camping)
Rest Day in High Camp
Trek to Baruntse Base Camp (5700m) Via Crosing Sherpeni Col ( 6150m & West Col ( 6150)
Rest & Acclimation Day in Baruntse Base camp
Baruntse base camp (5,700m.) to Seto Pokhari
Seto Pokhari to Ambhulabch high camp (5,400m.)
Cross Amphu Laptsa pass (5,850m.) then trek to Imja valley (5100m.)
Trek to Chukung Valley -470m, 4 hour
Chukung to Lobuche via Kongmo la 95535m) pass-4910m, 7 hour
Lobuche to Everest base camp (5364m) and Gorakhsheph, 5180m – 8 hour
Gorakhsheph to Kalapather (5545m0 and Zhong la, 4830m, 7 hour
Zhong la to Cho la pass (54200 Thangna -4700m, 5 hour
Trek to Gokyo Lake, 4800m, 5 hour
Rest and Climb Gokyo Ri( 5350m)
Gokyo to Marlung Via Renjo La pass (5360m) -7 hour, 4210m
Marlung to Namche , 3480m, 5 hour
Namche to Lukla, 2800m, 6 hour
Fly to Kathmandu
Free day & Shopping
Departure from Nepal.
Cost Include / Exclude
- Airport / Hotel / Airport Transportation.
- Hotel in Kathmandu – 4 Nights, at 3 Star Hotel.
- Transportation: All the ground Transportation as per Itinerry.
- Kathmadu to Biratnagar nad Tumling tar to Kathmandu flight ticket
- Kathmandu City Guided tour
- Meals In Trekking: 3 Meals a day during the Trekking ( Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
- Necessary Trekking Permit and Company Paper work.
- Accommodation In Trekking: All accommodations in lodges/tea houses during the treks.
- Trekking Guide: An experienced, helpful, friendly and English speaking Trekking guide , everything for him.
- Trekking porter: Necessary trekking porter for caring the Trekking gears and bagpack.
- Oxe -Meter- To Check your oxygen saturation and heart rating
- Arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service which will be paid by your Travel insurance company.
- Adventure Certificate.
- Medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- All government taxes & Vat
- Service charge.
- International airfare and Nepal entry visa fee (you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport Kathmandu).
- Travel insurance.Emergency rescue Evacuation
- Lunch Dinner in Kathmandu.
- All Hot and Bottle of Drinks., WI- FI, Camera, Mobile recharge
- Tips for the guide and porter.
Note:Please ensure names must be exactly the same as your passport (for ticketing/security purposes). You could incur extra costs or even miss your flight if the names are not correct.
SHARE THIS TRIP
Why booking with us ?
- Fully Locally Owned Company
- Quality Of Service and Competitive price
- Highly Professional Staff
- Flexible and customization trip itinerary
- 100% Customer satisfaction
Need help?Nepal: 00977-9841273869 whatsapp: 00977-9841273869
24 hour customer service