Great Himalaya Treks
The Great Himalaya Trail is one of the premium trekking routes in Nepal. This incredible trek route passes through remote parts of the country. Trekkers need to cross challenging mountain passes and forested trails on rugged terrains. The breathtaking views of snow-capped mountains will enchant any trekker along the journey.
The 48 days Great Himalayan Trail Treks starts from the far eastern part of the country. Trekkers will traverse the foothills of the third highest peak in the world, Mt. Kanchenjunga (8586 m). The forested hillsides are home to many rare and endangered wildlife. This extensive adventure requires a high level of fitness and stamina.
There are various viewpoints from where you can observe the Himalayan sunrise and sunset. You will pass through ancient villages with unique cultures and heritage. Moreover, you can stay at tea houses or camps based on your preferences. The incredible hospitality of the Sherpa community will spellbind you. You can also taste “Tongba”, a famous fermented drink made of millet.
The Great Himalayan Trail allows you to explore the remote parts of the country. This trek requires you to be flexible with the itinerary as there are many challenges. Adverse weather, snowy trails, landslides, and avalanches are some of the difficulties along the trek. You need to remain well prepared so that you can complete this trek with ease.
We will start our trek from Kathmandu with a scenic flight to either Bhadrapur or Biratnagar and drive to Ilam. We will start our trek from Taplejung as we pass through various village settlements. The trail passes through Mitlung, Chiruwa, Sukethum, Amilosa, Yabla, Phale, and Gyabla to arrive at Ghunsa. After acclimatizing at Ghunsa, we will pass through Khangpachen, Lhonak to arrive at Kanchenjunga Base Camp.
After acclimatizing at Kanchenjunga base camp, we continue our trek through various settlements to reach Makalu Base Camp. After conquering these incredible landmarks, we start our return trek back to Tumlingtar. From there, we will drive back to Kathmandu, where you can stay in a hotel. You can travel back to your desired destination.
Trekking this trail is an unforgettable journey of a lifetime. This outstanding trek package is available at a reasonable price. Read on to know more about them and other related information in detail.
Highlights of the Great Himalaya Trail
- Trek the magnificent foothills of the highest mountain in the world
- Experience the culture, tradition, and heritage of the Sherpa community
- Observing 8000m above snow-capped mountain peaks, including Mt. Everest, Annapurna, Kanchenjunga, Makalu, and others
- Gorgeous Himalayan sunrise and sunsets from various viewpoints along the trail
- Opportunity to spot diverse flora and fauna of the region
- Staying at cozy tea houses or camping in the night sky
- A warm welcome and the incredible hospitality of Nepalese people
- Arrive in Kathmandu
- Kathmandu City Guided Tour, 5, 6 Hour
- Kathmandu Bhadrapur/Birantnagar by flight, drive to Ilam
- Drive Ilam to Taplejung (1820 m)
- Taplejung (1820 m) to Mitlung (920 m) 4 hrs
- Mitlung (920 m) to Chiruwa (1270 m) 6 hrs
- Chiruwa (1270 m) to Sukethum (1575 m) 5 1/2 hrs
- Sukethum (1576 m) to Amjilosa (2308 m) 6 hrs
- Amjilosa (2308 m) to Gyabla (2730 m) 5 hrs (or to Phale 3140 m, extra 2 hrs)
- Gyabla (2730 m) to Ghunsa (3595 m) 4 1/2 hrs
- Ghunsa (3595 m) Rest day
- Ghunsa (3595 m) to Khangpachen (4050 m) 6 hrs
- Khangpachen (4050 m) to Lhonak (4780 m) 5 hrs
- Lhonak (4780 m) Rest day
- Lhonak (4780 m) to Kanchenjunga Base Camp (5143 m) 4 hrs
- Kanchenjunga Base Camp (5143 m) Rest day to ascend a small local peak
- Kanchenjunga Base Camp (5143 m) to Kangpachen (4050 m) 4 hrs
- Kangpachen (4050 m) to Ghunsa (3595 m) 3 hrs
- Ghunsa (3595 m) to Nango La Camp (4776 m) 5 1/2 hrs
- Nango La Camp (4776 m) to Yangma Khola (3430 m) 5 hrs
- Yangma Khola (3430 m) to Olangchun Gola (3191 m) 4 hrs
- Olangchun Gola (3191 m) to Pass Camp (4453 m) 7 hrs
- Pass Camp (4453 m) to Thudam (3556 m) crossing the Lumbha Sambha Pass (5159 m) 7 hrs
- Thudam (3556 m) Rest day
- Thudam (3556 m) to Kharka (2700 m) 7 hrs
- Kharka (2700 m) to Chyamtang (2187 m) 5 hrs
- Chyamtang (2187 m) to Hongon (2323 m) 5 hrs
- Hongon (2323 m) to Bakim Kharka (3020 m) 3 hrs
- Bakim Kharka (3020 m) to Molun Pokhari (3954 m) 4 hrs
- Molun Pokhari (3954 m) to Dhungge Kharka (3590 m) 5 hrs
- Dhungge Kharka (3590 m) to Cave Camp (3115 m) 3 1/2 hrs
- Cave Camp (3115 m) to Kalo Pokhari (4192 m) 5 hrs
- Kalo Pokhari (4192 m) to Kharka (4097 m) 5 hrs
- Kharka (4097 m) to Yangla Kharka (3557 m) 4 hrs
- Yangla Kharka (3557 m) to Langmale Kharka (4410 m) 4 hrs
- Langmale Kharka (4410 m) to Makalu Base Camp (4870 m) 4 hrs
- Makalu Base Camp (4870 m) Rest day
- Makalu Base Camp (4870 m) to Nehe Kharka (3000m) 4 hrs
- Nehe Kharka (3000m) to Mumbuk (3570m) 6hrs
- Mumbuk (3570m) to Kauma (3470m) 6hrs
- Kauma (3470m) to Tashi Gaon (2070m) 6hrs
- Tashi Gaon (2070m) to Pakuwa (1520m) 6hrs
- Pakuwa (1520m) to Bumling (1160m) 6hrs
- Bumling (1160m) to Tumlingtar (860m) 6hrs.
- Free day & Shopping
- Departure from Nepal.
- Airport / Hotel / Airport Transportation.
- Hotel in Kathmandu – 4 Nights, at 3 Star Hotel.
- Transportation: All the ground Transportation as per Itinerry.
- Kathmadu to Biratnagar nad Tumling tar to Kathmandu flight ticket
- Kathmandu City Guided tour
- Meals In Trekking: 3 Meals a day during the Trekking ( Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
- Necessary Trekking Permit and Company Paper work.
- Accommodation In Trekking: All accommodations in lodges/tea houses during the treks.
- Trekking Guide: An experienced, helpful, friendly and English speaking Trekking guide , everything for him.
- Trekking porter: Necessary trekking porter for caring the Trekking gears and bagpack.
- Oxe -Meter- To Check your oxygen saturation and heart rating
- Arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service which will be paid by your Travel insurance company.
- Adventure Certificate.
- Medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- All government taxes & Vat
- Service charge.
- International airfare and Nepal entry visa fee (you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport Kathmandu).
- Travel insurance.Emergency rescue Evacuation
- Lunch Dinner in Kathmandu.
- All Hot and Bottle of Drinks., WI- FI, Camera, Mobile recharge
- Tips for the guide and porter.
Related activities in Trekking In Nepal
Highlights of the Trip Breathtaking Himalayan sunrise from various viewpoints along the trail 360 degree panoramic views of snow capped mountains including Mt. Everest, Ama Dablam, Lhotse, Nuptse, Makalu and…
Highlights of the Tilicho Lake Trekking Observing the entire Annapurna Himalayan range, including Annapurna I (8,091m), Mt. Manaslu (8,163m), and Dhaulagiri (8,167m) Visiting and exploring the turquoise blue Tilicho lake…
10 Days Annapurna Base Camp Trek is a an exciting journey that harmoniously incorporates all the features and attributes of Annapurna Conservation Area to offer short trekking experience for travelers…
Everest Base camp Trek and fly back by Helicopter to Kathmandu -11 Days, It is the best Itinerary for those people who don;t Have long holiday or don;t want want…
Jomsom Muktinath trekking Via Poonhill explores the marvel at the splendid peaks of Annapurna-I Dhaulagiri Mountain with more than 8000m height Amazing fantastic view of the world’s deepest gorge of…
Highlights of Everest Base Camp Luxury Trek Completely hassle free travel 5- start hotel accommodation at Kathmandu and the finest accommodation along the trekking route Personalized care Desired departure date…
Everest base camp and Gokyo lake treks is one of the challenging adventure trekking in Mt Everest trekking region. The trek combines spectacular viewpoints and enthralling sights of world’s tallest…
Gokyo Valley and Everest Base Camp Trek via Cho La pass is a fascinating and most scenic adventure destination around high Khumbu of Everest Region. Adventure Great Himalaya presents this exclusive…
Upper Mustang Trek a unique journey, a favorite destination of professional photographers and travelers as this high and dry country offers tremendous scenery of mountains, amazing landscapes with immense culture retaining…