Trekking in Nepal are amongst the most preferred by travelers and it is no surprise. The Himalayas, natural trails, unique culture, traditional and historic destinations makes heaven of hikes Nepal, and most importantly the adventure itself entices anyone here to do these trips at least once in their life. If you are planning to be here anytime soon, let us provide you with a brief introduction to the best Treks available in this country.
There are many other Stunning hiking trails in Nepal, and each one offers a unique experience. It’s important to choose a trail that suits your fitness level and interests. Additionally, it is recommended to go through a reputable tour operator to ensure safety and security during your trek.
From the classic trails to the top of the world to the off-the-beaten-track trails our list here gives you comprehensive ideas about what Nepal has in store for travelers. Keep one thing in mind that there are dozens of other regions for hiking trips. However, these entries stand up with their own highlights and unique experience for you to witness.
Everest Base Camp Trek
Our first entry needs a few words of explanation. Everest Base camp trek (EBC) is globally recognized as the pinnacle of hiking trips. It takes you close to Mount Everest, the tallest peak in the world. Everest has no shortage of other great trails but this iconic path to the base camp takes our top spot. Similarly, the tea house trekking adventure, side hiking trails, local Sherpas, and more make it a complete trek in itself. EBC is truly a gem of a trek in Nepal.
Highlights of the EBC Hiking Trip
- A scenic trail leading to the Everest Base Camp, the starting point for mountaineers to summit Everest.
- Cultural experiences of the fabled Sherpa people of the Himalayas.
- Relaxed and well-flexible itinerary for different types of travelers.
- Views of magnificent tall mountains including Everest, Makalu, Cho Oyu, and Lhotse peaks.
- A proper teahouse experience with an authentic unique adventure.
Annapurna Base camp Trek
Alongside Everest BC, the Annapurna Base Camp Trek has been one of the defining trails established in the Himalayas. It takes trekkers to the base of Annapurna Massif at 4130 meters. One of the best factors of the trek is the ease and flexibility.
Annapurna has to offer for visitors regarding the length, trail, and difficulty you select for the trek. Lonely Planet has mentioned Annapurna as one of the reasons for Nepal making in their list for travelers to visit in 2022. If you are looking to hike in Nepal, ABC can be your cup of tea.
Highlights of the ABC Hiking Trip
- Trail popular throughout the world and still classified by many as one of the best in the Himalayas.
- Gurung, Tamang, and other ethnic cultural encounters throughout the moderate trails.
- Ideal for moderate hiking and trekking enthusiasts in the hills and mountains of Nepal.
- Picturesque surroundings and experience the vibrant change in landscape and geography.
- Sublime views of Annapurna Massif and Macchapucchre peaks throughout the trek.
The Langtang Trek
Langtang alongside Everest and Annapurna was considered the golden triangle for hiking trips before 2015. The earthquake of 2015 destroyed some sections of the trek and it was out of the regular trekking destinations for a couple of years. That has changed a lot in recent years as it is steadily growing to its former glory.
Langtang Trek offers some underrated trekking experiences for you to witness. The cultural, natural, and adventure factors held by Langtang makes it is amongst the highly sought- after trips in Nepal.
Highlights of the Langtang Valley Hiking Trip
- A trail recovering from the 2015 earthquake and still one of the best in the Nepalese Himalayas.
- Tamang and Tibetan cultural experience in the teahouse trek in the mountains.
- Views of snow covered Langtang Lirung, Yala, Changbu, and Naya Kanga peaks from the trail.
- Unique traditional lifestyle and Himalayan hospitality topped with the magnificent Kyanjin Gompa
- Kyanjin Ri (4773 m) and Tsergo Ri (5033 m) day hikes provide challenging yet fruitful experiences.
Poon Hill Treks
Our fourth-ranked hiking trip can be best defined as the entry-level trek in Nepal often preferred by
those with limited time here. Ghorepani Poon Hill Hiking trip is our second entry from Annapurna and it deserves that too. Within the period of a few days, you can explore the cultural, wildlife, geographical, and traditional experiences of the Lower Annapurna region. The cherry on the top is the Poon Hill viewpoint which provides a majestic 360-degree view of the surrounding hills and mountains.
Highlights of the Hiking Trip
- One of the best treks for beginners able to complete within a week.
- A slice of Annapurna to witness with less walking and more exploring options.
- Fantastic views of the Annapurna and Dhaulagiri Massifs from the scenic sunrise at Poon Hill.
- One of the best trails to prepare your body and mind for the longer treks of the Himalayas.
- tea house adventure covering the high hills of the Annapurna Conservation Area.
Manang valley is our underrated entry to the list. It is become popular short treks for domestic and international tourists and most people trek here to complete the Annapurna Circuit. However, the valley is a proper destination of its own and holds several cultural, natural, and historic delights for visitors to delve into.
Manang Valley hiking trip is rich in flora and fauna. Trekkers can experience the change in landscape and ecosystem here firsthand. Add some amazing day-hike routes to the main trail and you can enjoy a fantastic vacation here.
Highlights of the Manang Valley Hiking Trip
- Manang is best defined by its uniqueness and the opportunity to explore the most rural parts of the Nepalese Himalayas.
- The first section of the renowned Annapurna Circuit but you can witness the cultural bliss better in the Manang Valley hiking trip.
- Majestic landscape and geography with a closer look at the arid mountain ecosystem here.
- Outstanding views of the Annapurna Massif, Manaslu, Tilicho Peak, and Ngadi Chuli.
- Several options to extend to further trekking with trails diverging towards Tilicho Lake, Naar Phu valley, and the Thorung La Pass.
Gokyo Lakes in the Everest region shows you the extended delights to the regular Everest Base Camp trek. It stands just in between the Three Pass trek and the EBC trek as a moderately challenging trail in Sagarmatha NP. Slightly longer to the base camp, it takes you to the Himalayan Lake complex of Gokyo.
The Gokyo hiking trip will cover five of the most prominent lakes here and everything the EBC has to offer. Similarly, the hike to the Gokyo Ri ridge is considered by many as one of the best viewpoints in Everest.
Highlights of the Gokyo Lake Hiking Trip
- Elegant lakes of Gokyo are fed by the Himalayan glaciers, this lake complex is one of the highest in the world.
- Scenic adventure to reach Gokyo Ri, one of the few places on earth to view four of the ten highest peaks.
- Majestic views of Everest, Lhotse, Makalu, and Cho Oyu alongside other sub-peaks of the Himalayas.
- Alpine trekking experience with challenging sections of glaciers, moraines, and rocky trails to reach Gokyo valley.
- Serene Views of the surrounding snow-covered landscape are best admired during the sunrise and sunset.
Pikey Peak trek is another underrated trek in Nepal with only a few knowing it is in Everest. This trail successfully allows hikers to explore the authentic villages and landscape of the lower Khumbu region. Pikey Peak provides a different perspective to look at Everest and surrounding peaks within a short span of trekking.
Highlights of the Pikey peak Hiking Trip
- One of the best alternatives for trekkers in the Lower Khumbu region is the Sagarmatha National Park.
- A driving option to reach the trailhead of Everest and enjoy the less touristy trail here.
- Opportunity to witness the lesser-seen culture and lifestyle of the locals apart from the regular trails in Everest here.
- Panoramic views of Everest and Makalu massifs extend even to the Kanchenjunga range in clear weather.
- Pikey peak trek is best for beginners and family hiking trips allowing you to be more used to trails in Nepal.
Tilicho Lake can be stated as the upgraded version of the Manang valley trek. A hiking trip here lets you travel on a proper alpine trail towards one of the highest lakes in the world. It is a sublime adventure that is perfect for taking on a little challenge in the Himalayas.
The whole trip, nonetheless, is a carefully patched journey through the Nepalese culture and diverse landscape in a single go. Tilicho Lake is also a popular alpine camping trek if you want something extra.
Highlights of the Tilicho Lake
- Trek to one of the highest and most beautiful lakes in the world Lake Tilicho (4919 m)
- Majestic view of Annapurna, Dhaulagiri, and Manaslu massif in different sections of the trail.
- A different customization to experience a high-elevation trek without the need of doing the Thorung La pass in the Annapurna region.
- Witnessing the mountain flora fauna and ecosystem with chances to spot the rare species like clouded
- Snow leopards, Himalayan black bears, golden langurs, and more.
- A moderately challenging trail for anyone looking to step up their trekking experience in the Himalayas.
Trek to Phoksundo Lake ( A World Deepest Himalayan Lake)
The region of Dolpo is still one of the least traveled places in Nepal. which makes the hiking trips here
even more special with a much-wanted authentic experience in the shades of the Himalayas. Phoksundo
Lake is a majestic lake in the mountains allowing travelers to witness a scenic destination resembling
Shangri-La. The humbling interaction and unique adventure make Dolpo shine in this list of hiking trips
Highlights of the Hiking Trip
– A natural and cultural exploration in one of the remotest trails of western Nepal.
– Serene Lake Phoksundo (36115 m) provides a beautiful picturesque location to admire different shades
– Lifestyle, tradition, and local art of the people of Dolpo.
– Outstanding landscape views with the freedom to witness the sparsely seen regions in the rain shadow
of the Himalayas.
– A unique adventure unlike any others in the world which is ideal for your next expedition in Nepal.
Upper Mustang Trek is a common destination for the bucket list of adventure-lovers all around the world. A hiking trip here will allow you to explore the kingdom of Lo. Still untouched by modern amenities and trends,
jeep tour is equally popular with Mustang however hiking trips offer more for travellers in Nepal. Traditional villages, monasteries Chhortens, and settlements are beautifully located in a scenic backdrop of dry mountains for visitors to witness here.
Highlights of the Hiking Trip
- A journey to the ancient kingdom of Lo, stopped in time holding a valuable part of history in Nepal.
- Amazing view of a unique landscape and the snow-covered peaks on the horizon.
- Influence of Tibetan Buddhism in the monasteries, architecture, culture, and lifestyle is visible through
this hiking trip.
- Mesmerizing natural wonders like rock formations, cave complexes, and many more during the
duration of the trek.
- Rare opportunity to explore the restricted regions of the Himalayas just opened for visitors from
Nepal was ranked 8th in the top destinations to watch by Lonely Planet in 2022. These hiking trips
contribute to much of the love this country gets from returning travelers. With a professional travel
operator, you can travel and get the maximum benefit from it here. Each entry on our list above has
something amazing for you to explore. Plan your next hiking trip in Nepal and be a part of the Himalayan
Need help 24 Hour Support: Call whatsApp; +977-9841273869