10 Days Annapurna Base Camp Trek is a an exciting journey that harmoniously incorporates all the features and attributes of Annapurna Conservation Area to offer short trekking experience for travelers…
Trek Duration : 8 Days
Trek Destination : Manang
Maximum Altitude : 3540m
Mode of Trip : Lodges / Tea-House
Transport : Jeep / Car
Best Time : November /Oct and April /May/ March
Manang Trek ( The valley of Manang ) is one of the most naturally gifted places on earth. The beautiful Manang town is located at an altitude of 3519m. Situated at the wide valley of Marshyangdi river, the Manang district lies to the north of the Annapurna region. The beautiful hidden kingdom of Manang is the prime destination for trekkers all around the world.
Manang trek route is one of the finest trekking paths in Nepal. This short trek to Manang is adventurous and pleasant at the same time. The Manang village is the last stop for trekkers walking the spectacular Annapurna circuit trek and the Tilicho Lake trek.
The Manang route also connects to the Upper Mustang region and Muktinath via Thorung La pass. The trail gets used by locals to herd their sheep and yaks. The northern part of Manang has an old-world charm of its own. The town of Manang is quite happening and has many shops, cafes, guesthouses, tea houses, and even a bakery.
The locals or “Manangis” have traditionally been traders. You will acclimatize a whole day with an excursion around the town. There are many exciting places to explore in the region. The Gangapurna glacier, Bhojo gompa, Milarepa cave, Tilicho lake are some of the attractions in Manang.
The once remote region has seen considerable development over the years. There are well established motorable roads. Jeeps are available for trekkers and locals from Besi Sahar. The goods and cargo get carried by mule, donkey or porters. The linking of the Manang district trail to the Annapurna conservation area has brought many benefits to the locals.
The locals cultivate seasonal crops and herd yaks. The booming tourism industry has employed many locals and helped them sustain their livelihood. They have opened shops, guesthouses, teahouses along the trail. The Manang Aid Post run by Himalayan Rescue Association provides consultation and treatment for acute mountain sickness.
The Manang trek route takes you to the beautiful lower valley rich in diverse flora and fauna. The trail then moves up to the desert-like landscapes of the upper region. The up-close and unobstructed view of the snow-capped mountains will take your breath away. The cultural exploration of the local ethnic groups is an exciting part of the trek.
If you are someone who loves trekking amidst the tranquility of nature, then the beautiful Manang trek is ideal for you. This short trek is of moderate difficulty. We are offering this Manang tour package at a reasonable cost. So what are you waiting for? Book your trip now!
- Arrival in Kathmandu and transfer to hotel.
- Drive from Kathmandu to Chame- 2,670m, 06 hour
- Trek to Pisang 3, 230 m – 05 hrs.
- Trek to Manang Village 3,450 m – 05 hrs.
- Excursion at Manang for local hikes .
- Drive back to Beshishar- 8 hour.
- Drive back to Kathmandu.
- International departure homeward bound.
- Arrival in Kathmandu (1,396 m.) Upon your arrival, proceed to the outside of airport terminal, our representative will wait for you to take you to the hotel which taking around 20 minutes. Please look for your name which will be shown on signage. Overnight at hotel in Kathmandu.
- Drive t0 Chame by 4*4 wheel Jeep . 1,300 m, 7 / 8 hour drive
We take a jeep ride from Kathmandu to Chame on this day. The road trip to Besi Sahar from Kathmandu takes about 5 hours, covering a total of 173 km. The journey from Besi Sahar to Chame is about 4 hours and includes 6 hours of driving. The drive is an alternative for two to three days of trekking. The trip is adventurous as we pass through the spiral winding hilly roads of the region
- Trek To Upper Pisang 3, 230 m – 06 hrs.After an early breakfast, you can experience the serene Marshyangdi river flowing down the valley. The trail today will lead us to Pisang(3240m) via Bhratang(2950m) and Dhukur Pokhari(3200m). The geography of the trek frequently changes as you pass from lush forests to alpine environments with pine trees. We trek the rocky paths overlooking the spectacular views of the snow-capped mountains, including the Annapurna II(7937m) and Pisang peak(6091m). The trail is pleasant and moves along a relatively flat surface. We might also trek to the upper Pisang, which is the older part of Pisang.The upper Pisang is rustic and is one of the most remote parts of Nepal. There is a beautiful monastery where we arrive by passing through narrow, steep lanes. We return to our stay and warm ourselves as the temperatures drop during the night..
- Trek To Manang, 3,450 m – 05 hrs.After an early breakfast of hot meals and tea, we start the Manang valley trek for the day. The trail ahead is relatively easy. We take breaks and acclimatize by trekking the lower trails. This route might make the trek longer but helps us immensely to acclimatize.We further take side trips to gompas and caves along the way. We visit the stunning Braga gompa, which is 500 years old. We also visit the Ney Guru Sang Phul cave on the south of the valley. There we can find a giant statue of Guru Rinpoche.From there we descend downhill in a slippery and steep path. We arrive at the village of Manang (3540m) early in the evening. Manang town is the administrative headquarters of the Manang district and has a lot of teahouses, guesthouses, and even a bakery. You can view the fantastic Gangapurna glacier from the guesthouse. We end our trip sipping on hot drinks and warming ourselves near the fireplace..
- Excursion Manang valley.You will wake up with the fantastic scenery of sun rising over the pristine silver Himalayas. We will acclimatize and explore Manang on this day. First, we visit a glacial lake formed in the foothills of the Gangapurna glacier. The azure blue lake is awe-inspiring.
There is a beautiful Chongar viewpoint that takes about half an hour of trek. We also visit the Trekkers Aid Post run by the Himalayan Rescue Association. We get consulted and treated by doctors and medical professionals. There are many shops where you can purchase jewelry, souvenirs, clothes, among others. There is also a bakery where you can taste delicious bread items. The beautiful Manang area has many exploration points. You should follow the guidelines of eco-tourism and reduce your carbon footprint as much as possible.
- Drive back to Beshishar – 9 /10 hours.
We will ride a jeep from Manang to Besi Sahar. The jeep takes off early in the morning, and there are two to three jeeps that travel the route all day. You will need to book in advance.
The road trip takes a long adventurous way and overlooking the beautiful snow-capped mountains. The journey takes about 10 hours, including a lunch break
- Drive Back to Kathmandu By Tourist BusWe retrace back the same route from Besi Sahar to Kathmandu. The journey passes through the winding roads on the green hills. The course is quite adventurous and refreshing at the same time. After your arrival, you can check-in at the hotel in Kathmandu.
- International departure homeward bound.
Our representative will pick you up from the airport and drop you at the airport. You can board a flight to your desired destination.
- Airport/ Hotel/ Airport Transportation
- Two Nights Standard Hotel in Kathmandu including Breakfast.
- 3 Times Meals a day (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during the trek
- All the Permit and Company necessary paper works
- Transportation from Kathmandu to Chame and Manang to Kathmandu by Car / Jeep
- All accommodations in lodges/tea houses during the treks.
- Trekking Guide: An experienced, helpful, friendly and English speaking Trekking guide , everything for him such as well paid Salary, Food, Drinks, Accommodation, Transportation and Insurance.
- Trekking porter: A porter carry your luggage. ( One porter for every 2 members, maximum load is 25 Kg)
- Arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service which will be paid by your Travel insurance company.
- Adventure Certificate.
- Medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- All government taxes.
- Service charge.
- Nepal entry visa fee (you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport Kathmandu).
- Travel insurance.Emergency rescue Evacuation
- Lunch Dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- All the bar bills like coke, beer, bottle of water, hot water etc.
- International airfare
- Tips for the guide and porter.
Related activities in Annapurna Trekking
Annapurna Circuit with Tilicho Lake Trekking takes us to highest lake in the World. This “classic” journey of Annapurna Circuit combined with Tilicho Lake Trek starts with a drive to Jagat…