Gokyo Lake Trekking
Gokyo Lake Trek is another famous trekking trail in Everest region, it is the best trail for viewing the mountains in Himalayan Range, Gokyo Trek is trek to the lakes in Gokyo valley, It is world Highest fresh water system lake at the high altitude 4600m,
Gokyo Lake Treks It is lifetime Adventure trekking that the trekkers experience the Rocky snow scattered land , Gokyo Valley , deep blue alpine lakes surrounded by gigantic High Mountains . Climb to Gokyo Ri, Stand at 5357m altitude , Overview dozens of the high mountains including world tallest peak Mt Everest, and other 8,000 peaks mt Cho Oyu, Lhotse and Makalu
Gokyo Lake Trekking highlight is reaching the summit of Gokyo Ri at 5357m. From the top you get an unbeatable view of Mt Everest, Lhotse, Makalu and Cho Oyu: the 1st, 4th, 5th and 6th highest mountains in the world. You will also have the experience of seeing one of the Khumbu’s most dramatic panoramas – the ice ridge between Cho Oyu and Gyachung Kang. It also offers great view of the longest glacier in Nepal and dramatic view of the Gokyo lakes.
Located in the Everest region, Gokyo valley is one of the most picturesque landmarks. Located on the shore of Dudh Pokhari, the valley is full of beautiful stone houses and meadows. Not just the marvelous view of Mount Everest, it is also home to Ngozumba, Nepal’s largest glacier.
Moreover, the pristine blue & green waters of dazzling Gokyo Lakes at 5,000 meters are the most memorable sights. That is why Gokyo Lake Trekking is getting very popular these days.
Gokyo Lake Trekking 1 is the best choice for travelers who want to dig through diverse landscapes and vegetation. No wonder, the journey at such a peculiar height will be the most challenging and thrilling adventure.
You will have an immense view of awe-inspiring Khumbu vistas that will spellbind you. Even though you walk narrow trails, the alluring scenery of wonderful sights keeps on enchanting you. Believe it! These Gokyo Lake Trekking will be the most marvelous journey ever.
Highlights of Gokyo Lake Trekking
- Exceptional chance to witness gigantic Himalayan Ranges over 8000m including Mt. Everest, Cho Oyu, Lhotse, Makalu and peaks like Ama Dablam, Thamserku, Kantega
- Enthrall the exceptional beauty of pristine Gokyo Lakes (world’s highest freshwater lake system) including Longpongo (4690m) and Taboche Tsho
- Walk on the sloppy moraines of The Ngozumpa Glacier, the largest glacier in Nepal
- Delve into Scoundrel’s viewpoint near Fifth lake and spectacular views Renjo La Pass (5,340m), one of Nepal’s most beautiful passes
- Mesmerizing sunrise and sunset view from vantage point Gokyo Ri at 5,357m/ 1632ft
- Soak into the lifestyle and culture of Sherpas in villages like Macchermo, Dole, Namche, Khumjung, and Manjo
- View the wonderful ice ridge between Gyachung (2922m) and Cho Oyu of Khumbu Region
- Visit Sagarmatha National Park to witness the protected floras and faunas
- Walk through peaceful & off-beaten trails of the Everest Region and enjoy the unspoiled crisp
- The best alternative to the traditional Everest Base Camp Trek
- Lifetime experience of a delightful trek within the serenity of the dazzling lakes with alluring sights
Best Season for Gokyo Lake Trekking
Gokyo Lake Trekking offers to travel numerous wonderful destinations and enjoy remarkable scenery. To experience the best climatic situations, you must trek during the appropriate season. Among all, the best season for Gokyo Lake Trekking is Autumn (Sept to Nov) and Spring (March to May)
In these seasons, the weather is clear and sunny with warm daytime temperatures. The sky is calm and blue with nature blooming in colorful radiance. The panoramic views of mountain ranges are unobstructed and look outstanding.
But it is not impossible to trek in other seasons. If you wish to avoid crowds and prefer to enjoy some alone time with nature, you can opt for it. But this requires better preparations even for difficult conditions. The temperature could be harsh and there might be no clear views. While trekking in summer or monsoon will be heavily affected by rain.
On the trek, you will be accommodating at the lodge or any tea house. You will be served basic foods and services. In peak seasons, you might have to pre-book. You should be really careful about everything as Gokyo Lake Trek is at such a higher elevation.
Besides the altitude sickness, many trekkers might catch “Khumbu Cough” as the region is cold and dry all season. Thus, you should take proper precautions for those difficulties during this Gokyo Lake Trekking. Stay hydrated all the time and don’t over stress your body.
Gokyo Lake Trekking Itinerary
- Airport / Hotel / Airport Transport by private car/van/Bus.
- Hotel In Kathmandu: Three night’s 3 Star Hotel in Kathmandu. Including Breakfast
- Meals: Daily 3 meals a day during the trekking (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner)
- Hot Drinks : tea / Coffee
- All the Trekking permit and necessary Company paper works.
- Domestic flight Ticket : Round Trip Flight ticket from Kathmandu to Lukla and Kathmandu.
- All accommodations in lodges/tea houses during the treks.
- An Experienced , Helpful and English speaking Guide, and Sherpa porter to carry your luggage ( one porter for 2 members)
- Guide, Porter Insurance, well paid salary, Meals, accommodation
- Arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service which will be paid by your Travel insurance company.
- Company T-shirt and Trekking map.
- Medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- All government taxes.
- Service charge.
- International airfare and Nepal entry visa fee
- Personal Travel insurance and also rescue evacuation in case of emergency
- Lunch Dinner in Kathmandu.
- All the Bar bills and personal expenses (phone call, laundry service, battery recharge, all bottle of drinks, shower, Toilet paper, Towel , Sope
- No Porter for solo trkkers
- Tips for the guide, porter