Gokyo Lake Trek
Trek Duration : 12 Night/13 Days
Mode of Trip : Lodge/ Tea house
Grade : Moderate
Highest Elevation : 5340m
Best Time : Oct/ Nov and March/ April
Gokyo Lake Trek is another famous trekking trail in Everest region, the trek beginning with the spectacular mountain flight to Lukla, we are rewarded with amazing mountain views. We visit Namche Bazaar, Thami and Khumjung spending valuable time acclimatizing to the altitude amidst the Himalayan peaks of Thamserku, Ama Dablam and Kanchenjunga, to mention just a few.
Gokyo Lake Trekking highlight is reaching the summit of Gokyo Ri at 5357m. From the top you get an unbeatable view of Mt Everest, Lhotse, Makalu and Cho Oyu: the 1st, 4th, 5th and 6th highest mountains in the world. You will also have the experience of seeing one of the Khumbu’s most dramatic panoramas – the ice ridge between Cho Oyu and Gyachung Kang. It also offers great view of the longest glacier in Nepal and dramatic view of the Gokyo lakes.
Located in the Everest region, Gokyo valley is one of the most picturesque landmarks. Located on the shore of Dudh Pokhari, the valley is full of beautiful stone houses and meadows. Not just the marvelous view of Mount Everest, it is also home to Ngozumba, Nepal’s largest glacier.
Moreover, the pristine blue & green waters of dazzling Gokyo Lakes at 5,000 meters are the most memorable sights. That is why Gokyo Lake Trekking is getting very popular these days.
Gokyo Lake Trekking 1 is the best choice for travelers who want to dig through diverse landscapes and vegetations. No wonder, the journey at such a peculiar height will be the most challenging and thrilling adventure.
You will have an immense view of awe-inspiring Khumbu vistas that will spellbind you. Even though you walk narrow trails, the alluring scenery of wonderful sights keeps on enchanting you. Believe it! These Gokyo Lake Trekking will be the most marvelous journey ever.
Highlights of Gokyo Lake Trekking
- Exceptional chance to witness gigantic Himalayan Ranges over 8000m including Mt. Everest, Cho Oyu, Lhotse, Makalu and peaks like Ama Dablam, Thamserku, Kantega
- Enthrall the exceptional beauty of pristine Gokyo Lakes (world’s highest freshwater lake system) including Longpongo (4690m) and Taboche Tsho
- Walk on the sloppy moraines of The Ngozumpa Glacier, the largest glacier in Nepal
- Delve into Scoundrel’s viewpoint near Fifth lake and spectacular views Renjo La Pass (5,340m), one of Nepal’s most beautiful passes
- Mesmerizing sunrise and sunset view from vantage point Gokyo Ri at 5,357m/ 1632ft
- Soak into the lifestyle and culture of Sherpas in villages like Macchermo, Dole, Namche, Khumjung, and Manjo
- View the wonderful ice ridge between Gyachung (2922m) and Cho Oyu of Khumbu Region
- Visit Sagarmatha National Park to witness the protected floras and faunas
- Walk through peaceful & off-beaten trails of the Everest Region and enjoy the unspoiled crisp
- The best alternative to the traditional Everest Base Camp Trek
- Lifetime experience of a delightful trek within the serenity of the dazzling lakes with alluring sights
Best Season for Gokyo Lake Trekking
Gokyo Lake Trekking 13 days offers to travel numerous wonderful destinations and enjoy remarkable scenery. To experience the best climatic situations, you must trek during the appropriate season. Among all, the best season for Gokyo Lake Trekking is Autumn (Sept to Nov) and Spring (March to May)
In these seasons, the weather is clear and sunny with warm daytime temperatures. The sky is calm and blue with nature blooming in colorful radiance. The panoramic views of mountain ranges are unobstructed and look outstanding.
But it is not impossible to trek in other seasons. If you wish to avoid crowds and prefer to enjoy some alone time with nature, you can opt for it. But this requires better preparations even for difficult conditions. The temperature could be harsh and there might be no clear views. While trekking in summer or monsoon will be heavily affected by rain.
On the trek, you will be accommodating at the lodge or any tea house. You will be served basic foods and services. In peak seasons, you might have to prebook. You should be really careful about everything as Gokyo Lake Trek is at such a higher elevation.
Besides the altitude sickness, many trekkers might catch “Khumbu Cough” as the region is cold and dry all season. Thus, you should take proper precautions for those difficulties during this Gokyo Lake Trekking. Stay hydrated all the time and don’t over stress your body.
- Arrival in Katmandu, transfer to hotel, brief about the trip, and well-come dinner at evening through the typical Nepalese kitchen.
- Fly, Kathmandu / Lukla (a 45 minute flight) trek to Phakding.
- Phakding / Namche Bazaar (3446 m.).
- Namche Bazar Rest
- Namche Bazaar / Dole (4200 m.)
- Dole / Machchhermo (4470 m.)
- Machchhermo / Gokyo (4790 m.)
- Excursion around Gokyo Lake climb Ghokyo Ri (5357 m.)back Macchermo
- Macchermo – Dole / Namche Bazaar (3446 m.)
- Namche Bazzar-Phakding / Lukla (2840 m.)
- Lukla- Kathmandu by flight.
- Free day.
- Departure from Nepal as per time
- Arrival in Kathmandu (1400 m)
Welcome to the country of Mt. Everest! As you arrive in Tribhuvan International Airport, our representatives will receive you and transfer to the hotel which you have booked in Kathmandu. Hotel staffs will complete check in and manage for your accommodation. We organize welcome dinner in the hotel in the evening with our team.
- Kathmandu to Lukla flight and Trek to Phakding (2610m.)
On this day, you will be transferred to the airport for a short scenic flight to Lukla. It is less than 30 minutes flight with astonishing views of mountains, forests and river valleys. After landing in Lukla, we begin our trekking to Phakding. The trail leads to Phakding enjoying the natural scenario along the way. We stay overnight in Phakding in a lodge.
- Phakding –Namche Trekking- 6 hrs. (3446m.)
On this day, we trek to Namche Bazaar from Phakding Village through Dudh Koshi riverside. The trail is pleasant with the views of forests of pine, fir and Rhododendron trees. We reach Monjo which is the entrance of Sagarmatha National Park. The views of giant mountains are impressive while walking through the trail. We stay overnight in a hotel after exploring the surrounding area of Namche Bazaar.
- Acclimatization Day
It is acclimatization day in Namche so you have enough time to explore the life style of locals. Short hiking can be utilization of the time. High altitude can be harmful if we ignore resting. It is necessary to adjust your body with high elevation. Visit Sagarmatha National Park and hiking to Everest View Hotel. You can view the world’s amazing panoramic scenes of the earth and get chance to observe uniquely different Sherpa Culture.
- Trek to Dole 4,200m – 06 hrs.
After a wonderful time here at Namche the walk starts with a short uphill on the main trail to Everest base camp for a while, then on the gradual winding track to Kyangima near Shanasa a small settlements with few houses, here might see some wildlife as this area if full of colourful Danphe pheasant (Impeyan Pheasant) National bird of Nepal and elusive musk deer, Himalayan Thar (mountain goat).
After a good walk trek diverts leaving the main trail behind then continue trek towards Gokyo with steep climb to Mong ridge top at 3,973 meters, from here walking downhill path to Phortse Thanghka near Dudh Kosi River.
From here walk heads to Dole for the overnight stop, after a climb into small woods of rhododendron trees as it changes to juniper and conifers bushes tree lines then to Tongba 3,950m and Gyele 3,960 m small settlements before Dole, here at Dole with fascinating views of Khumbila and Tawache peaks.
- Trek to Machermo 4,410m-04 hrs.
From Dole adventure leads along the valley side on a gradual level path for an hour to a settlement of Lhabarma Kharka at 4,325 m and to Luza at 4,390m; walking around the ridge top with the views of Machermo village on glacial valley, then descending to Machermo for overnight stop with a half day with afternoon frees after lunch for acclimatization and short hikes.
- Trek to Gokyo 4,760m -04 hrs.
As the walk progress on this high altitude moving to the final destination of this adventurous trip to Gokyo Lake morning walks on the scenic path to a small place of Pangka 4,545m, then the route climbs a rocky trail into ablation valley through the first lake and then a second lake, and then finally to the third lake also called Dudh Pokhari. On the shore of the lake stands Gokyo at 4,790 meters the summer settlement of Khumbu area, here free afternoon after lunch for short walk with acclimatization, from this vantage point near the lake offers striking views of
Mt. Cho Oyo world’s 06th highest and Gyachung Kang reflecting on turquoise green Gokyo Lake.
- Climb to Gokyo Ri enjoy Himalaya Sinrise and trek back to Macchermo. ( 4410m)5 hour
Early morning we climb to Gokyo Ri. Gokyo Ri (5360m), a small peak above Gokyo village. As we climb the views become even more fantastic and from the top we can see four of the seven highest peaks in the Nepal Himalaya: Cho Oyu, Everest, Lhotse and Makalu. Stretching out for miles below us is the longest glacier in Nepal – the Ngozumpo glacier, which tumbles down from the slopes of Cho Oyu. One of the best all round views in Nepal. After Himalaya Sunrise view, we will return to Macchermo same way. overnight lodge in Macchermo.
- Macchermo- Dole- Namchebazzar. ( 3460m) 6 hour down hill.
After breakfast, we will trek down hill sameway to Namche bazzar.
- Namche – Phankding to Lukla.( 2800m) 7 hour
- Lukla to Kathmandu
On this day, you fly to Kathmandu in the morning. This short and scenic flight possibly makes you feel nostalgic because of the glimpses of snowy mountains through private window of plane. You will be transferred to hotel where you either have leisure time or you may catch the last moments exploring the sights of Kathmandu. Shopping in market is another best option. In the evening, we have a celebration dinner together.
- Free day
Today is our free day.we always suggest you take one extra days after the trek incase the flight delay of cancel from Lujla to kahtmandu. if your trip goest smthly, may be you do city sightseeing.
- Departure from Nepal.
We will drop you at the airport as per your time. and good bye from Nepal.
- Airport / Hotel / Airport Transport by private car/van/Bus.
- Hotel In Kathmandu: Three night’s 2 Star Hotel in Kathmandu.24 Hour Hot Shower, Breakfast, Free Wi-Fi
- Meals: Daily 3 Times meals during the trekking (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) with Cup of Tea, Coffee
- All the Trekking permit and necessary Company paper works.
- Domestic flight Ticket : Round Trip Flight ticket from Kathmandu to Lukla and Kathmandu.
- All accommodations in lodges/tea houses during the treks.
- Trekking Guide; An experienced, helpful and Good English speaking Guide (Guide flight Kathmandu / Lukla/ Kathmandu.)
- Arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service which will be paid by your Travel insurance company.
- Company T-shirt and Trekking map.
- Medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- All government taxes.
- Service charge.
- Nepal entry visa fee (you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport – Kathmandu).
- Travel insurance.
- Lunch Dinner in Kathmandu.
- Trekking Porter, To carry your bag pack if needed
- All the Bar bills and personal expenses (phone call, laundry service, battery recharge, bottle of water, hot water, shower, pot of tea, coffee etc.
- Tips for the guide, porter
Related activities in Mt Everest Trekking
Highlights of the Trip Breathtaking Himalayan sunrise from various viewpoints along the trail 360 degree panoramic views of snow capped mountains including Mt. Everest, Ama Dablam, Lhotse, Nuptse, Makalu and…
Gokyo Valley and Everest Base Camp Trek via Cho La pass is a fascinating and most scenic adventure destination around high Khumbu of Everest Region. Adventure Great Himalaya presents this exclusive…