Everest Base camp Trek -10 Days
Trek Duration : 10 Days
Best Time : October /November and march / April
Mode of Trip : Lodges / Tea-House
Maximum Elevation : 5354 m,
Group Size : 2-12
Trek Destination : Everest Base camp & Kalapather
Everest Base camp Trek is World Famous Adventure Trekking Trip which everyone has dreaming to go once in a lifetime. Everest Base camp Trek is a popular trekking destination in the Himalayas and probably on this globe.
The 10 days Everest Base camp Trek is rapid trekking to reach Everest Base camp and Kalapatthar (5545m) without any acclimation day. So the trek demand previous hiking experience.
Additionally, Everest Base Camp Trekking tour gives the wonderful experience of Tibetan culture in high elevation with pleasantly colorful views of rhododendron and fir forests. Furthermore, it also offers massive Himalayas view including the world’s highest peak Mt Everest.
Our 10 days EBC Trek, begin from Lukla. After 45-minutes scenic flight from Kathmandu stands the Tenzing Hilary Airport. In the same way, the trek continues through Namche Bazaar and enters into the Khumbu Region where you will experience the lifestyle of the Tibetan-influenced Sherpa community. You will also be passing through the Sagarmatha National park and serene subAlpine forests with massive traces of rhododendron trees. As you ascend in altitude, the greenery decreases and you start getting surrounded by mountains, glaciers and the melting ice rivers. Eventually, you make way to Everest Base Camp and Kala Patthar viewpoint to awe in the grandeur of the Everest and its neighboring peaks.
Trek to Everest Base camp: 10 Days Itinerary
- Fly to Lukla- (35 Minuit) Hike to Phakding, 3 hrs,-2,640 m,
- Trek to Namche Bazzar. 3,440m- 6 hrs
- Trek to Tyamgboche, 3,800m – 05 hrs.
- Trek to Dingboch 4,200 m – 05 hrs.
- Trek to Lobuche 4,920m – 05 hrs.
- Trek to Gorakhshep(5,170m) Lunch then trek to Everest base camp (5,356 m) back to Goraksheph- 5,170 m– 08 hrs.
- Hike to Kalapather (5,545 m) Everest Sunrise view then Trek back to Phiriche -4,240m, 06 hrs.
- Trek back to Namche Bazzar 3,450 m – 06 hours.
- Trek back to Lukla (2,840 m) 6-7 hrs
- Morning fly back to Kathmandu afternoon free at leisure.
- Take morning flight from Kathmandu to Lukla (2,830 m.) and trek to Phakding (2,640 m., 4-hour trek).After breakfast, we drive to the domestic airport for a scenic trans-Himalayan flight to Lukla – in Khumbu region, the south of Everest. Meet your local porters and start your trekking adventure along Dudh Koshi River: to Cheplung (2,700m) and Ghat (2,530m). Another hour’s walk takes you to small settlement of Phakding.Overnight in Phakding
- Trek from Phakding to Namche Bazaar (3,440 m., 6-hour trek)After breakfast, we walk through a pine forest and continue our walk that goes north up the Benkar valley. We cross Dudh Koshi River and pass Chumoa and Monjo villages before reaching the entrance of the Everest National Park. We then cross suspension bridge before Jorsale village and walk alongside the Dudh Koshi and Bhote Koshi Rivers. We climb on a steep trail and reach Namche Bazaar which is probably the largest town in the Everest region.Overnight in Namche Bazaar
- Trek from Namche Bazzar to Tengboche (3,800 m., 5-hour trek)The trail from Namche to Phunki is easy and pleasant. From here we climb up to Tengboche village which houses famous Tengboche Monastery – the largest monastery of Everest region. It falls inside the territory of Sagarmatha National Park (UNSECO heritage site of great natural value). The monastery is nestled against the backdrop of Mt. Ama Dablam and offer the best view of Himalayas including Mt. Everest, Nuptse, Lhotse and Thamserku. Tengboche monastery opens at 3:00 PM, so if we reach there by 3 o’clock we can enjoy a Buddhist religious ceremony.Overnight in Tengboche
- Trek from Tengboche to Dingboche (4,200 m., 5-hour trek)
Today the trail descends and walks through the forested route of birch, confer and rhododendron trees. On the way, we can catch the best view of Mt. Everest, Lhotse and Ama Dablam. We walk downhill to Debuche and cross the Imja Khola River to reach Pangboche. From here, we walk through upper Pangboche trail with the good view of Himalayan vistas and Pangboche Monastery. We continue further through Imja Valley and Lobuche River before climbing to Dingboche. Dingboche is small stone walled village with beautiful barley, potato and buckwheat fields. Walls are set up to protect crops from icy winds and grazing yaks.Overnight in Dingboche
- Trek from Dingboche to Lobuche (4,920 m., 5-hour trek).After breakfast, we walk on a trail that rises to a ridge: views of Taboche and Cholatse are majestic. Then we continue through yak pastures to a wooden bridge and Duglha (4,620m/15,158ft). Next we climb steeply for an hour up the gravely terminal moraine of the Khumbu Glacier. Here we will discover the large group of stone-pine dedicated to the lost climbers and Sherpas during their Everest expedition. It also serves the awe-inspiring views of Khumbutse, Lingtren and Pumori. Everest is hidden behind the towering Nuptse – Lhotse wall. Walk along the valley and climb for an hour to reach Lobuche.Overnight in Lobuche
- Trek from Lobuche to Gorak Shep (5,170 m.) continue to Everest Base Camp and back to Gork Shep (5,356 m., 8-hour trek)Today is long yet rewarding day. We follow the windblown rocky path along the arid Khumbu moraine to the last settlement of Gorak Shep. After lunch, we walk on a feint trail to the world’s highest base camp, on the Khumbu Glacier: opposite the dreaded icefall – the most challenging part of an Everest ascent. In April/May, the trail is busy with porters carrying supplies and the site riot of colorful tents set on icy plains. Base camp don not have the view of Everest but offers wonderful view of Khumbu icefalls and Lhotse-Nuptse gigantic wall. Trek back to Gorakshep for overnight.Overnight in Gorak Shep.
- Hike to Kalapathar (5,545 m.) and continue trekking to Pheriche (4,240 m. 5-hour trek).
A pre-sunrise start is needed to avoid morning cloud. Climb uphill for 2 – 3 hours up to Kala Patthar (5,545m/18,192ft) to enjoy the sunrise on the top of world’s highest peak, Everest. We walk on a fairly steep trail at gradual pace. As we are climbing up the ridge, we can admire Lingtren, Khumbutse and Changtse mountains. The views from the summit is outstanding. After spending some moments at the peak, we retrace back to Gorak Shep which is easier than climbing up to Kala Patthar.After lunch, we descend down to Pheriche for comfortable night.Overnight in Pheriche
- Trek from Pheriche to Namche Bazzar (3,450 m., 6-hour trek).Today we descend down approximately 2,000ft and walk on a trail with numbers of ups and downs. We climb down through hillside endowed with rhododendron and juniper trees and cross a bridge over the Dudh Koshi River. We climb down rapidly through forested trail where we can discover mountains goats, pheasants and other wild animals and birds. The trail reaches Sansa from where we get the great view of Ama Dablam, Thamserku and Nuptse mountains. Further we walk on a zigzag trail through forest before reaching Namche Bazaar.Overnight in Namche Bazaar
- Trek from Namche Bazaar to Lukla (2,840 m., 6-hour trek).After breakfast, we descend down through a rocky terrain. The majority of today’s trail goes alongside the Dudh Koshi River. We cross suspension bridges multiple times, pass several monasteries and villages before reaching Lukla. After reaching Lukla, we take a well-deserved rest and celebrate with our porters as they will not accompany us back to Kathmandu.Overnight in Lukla
- Take flight from Lukla to Kathmandu
We will wake up early in the morning and get ready for the entrance of our plane for returning back to Kathmandu. Then, we will transfer back to our hotel.Overnight in Kathmandu.
- Domestic Airport Transfer (Airport – Hotel – Airport)
- Trekking Permit: Necessary All Trekking Permit and company paperwork.
- Domestic flight Ticket: (KTM-LUK-KTM) Limit weight is 16 kg per person.
- Trekking Guide: An experienced, helpful, friendly, and English speaking trekking guide (including his well-paid salary, meals, drinks, accommodation, transportation, and guide’s flight etc.) He is fully insured and well-equipment
- Meals:- 3 Meals a day during the trekking ( Breakfast, Lunch, dinner)
- All Lodge Accommodation & Breakfast : 11 Night Twin Sharing Lodge to lodge Accommodation & Breakfast during the trek
- Trekking Porter: carry your luggage. one porter for two member.
- Trekking Equipment: Sleeping bag, Down Jacket,walking poles
- Everest Trekking map,Walking Poles if needed.
- Company T-Shirt, Duffel Bag
- Medical supplies (first aid kit will be available)
- All Government Taxes and Service charge.
- Welcome or Farewell Dinner in Nepalese Cultural Restaurant.
- International Air fair and Nepal entry visa fee
- Travel insurance and emergency rescue evacuation.
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu
- Hotel in Kathmandu
- The entire bar bills like coke, beer, Hot shower, Hot and Bottle Drinks
- WI-Fi , Electronic Device re-Charge
Reviews of Everest Base camp Trek -10 Days
Related activities in Mt Everest Trekking
Gokyo Valley and Everest Base Camp Trek via Cho La pass is a fascinating and most scenic adventure destination around high Khumbu of Everest Region. Adventure Great Himalaya presents this exclusive…