Trek Duration : 18 Days
Trek Grade : Challenging
Maximum Elevation : 5367m
Best Time : October to November and March to April
Mode of Trek : Lodge/ Tea house
Group Size : 2-12
Everest base camp and Gokyo lake treks is one of the challenging adventure trekking in Mt Everest trekking region. The trek combines spectacular viewpoints and enthralling sights of world’s tallest mountain such as Everest base camp ( 5356m, The famous Mt Everest sunrise view point (Kalapther 5545) crossing chola ( 5367 m) and Gokyo lake, Gokyo ri ( 5467m ) This trek is for people who want to experience the Everest Base camp trek with added benefits.
The 18 days Everest base camp & gokyo lake trekking via cho la pass, starting from lukla after 40 minutes flight Kathmandu. the trek takes you Everest base camp and kalapather first, then after cross cho la pass and gokyo lakes.the highlight of trek fabulous close-up views of Mt. Everest while the gorgeous Gokyo Ri presents views of the Gokyo valley, which is one of the Himalayas’ unsung treasures, the massive Ngozumpa Glacier and scenic vistas of the Himalayan peaks.
A trek to Everest Base Camp tops the bucket list for many trekkers. And the reason is obvious. The trail meanders along the foot of snow giants and the views of Everest and other imposing peaks are simply astonishing. And adding Gokyo & Cho La pass makes it magical.
Everest Base camp- Kalapather and Gokyo Lake Trek demands good physical shape: you must be able to walk for 6 – 7 hours a day on rugged mountain terrain. If you are in doubts to your physical ability, No Problem, Our professional mountain guide and staff will handle everything; they understands your interest, needs and above all take care of your safety along the way. We will ascend gradually making sure that we avoid mountain sickness and acclimatize as per schedule.
Highlights of Gokyo lake and Everest Base camp Trek – 18 Days
Scenic & adventurous flight to and from Lukla
Cross cultural privilege with the mountain people in the heart of Everest
The sparkling turquoise-tinted Gokyo Lakes
Magnificent views of Khumbu Glacier and Ice fall
Everest Base Camp at 5,364m
Two viewpoints – Kalapatthar (5,545m) and Gokyo Ri (5,483m)
Challenging Cho La Pass
Sacred Tengboche Monastery
Best Season for Everest Base camp & Gokyo lake Treks
If you are planning for Everest Base Camp and Gokyo Lake Trekking and are after a quick answer on
when to trek, well, the answer is: Spring and autumn. However there is no absolute best time for
everyone; your experience will depend on how you feel about the crowds, how high you are intending
to trek and your tolerance for heat, cold and rain. Each season in Everest is unique and has its own pros
Weather in spring (March – May) and autumn (September – November) tends to be mild with clear
blue sky and outstanding views. But nights get bit chilly at higher elevation: better to pack warm clothes.
Monsoon (Jun – August) receives heavy downpours in Nepal inviting the potential risks of flood and
landslide at lower elevation and avalanches at higher elevation. The rainfall makes trekkers difficult to
have a quality adventure as the trails are wet, muddy and slippery. But it might be real boon for
keen botanist as the entire region is endowed with greenery and lushness.
Winter (December – February) is extremely cold in Everest (sometimes it even drops to -15
degree Celsius) and tea houses on Gokyo – Chola Pass – Everest trail might get closed due to heavy snowfall. If you want to explore mountain at its best and walk on solitary trail; then winter is perfect season for you. Better check the availability of tea house at higher reaches and consult local before
attempting Cho La Pass.
Everest Base Camp and Gokyo Lake Trek Difficulty
Trekking difficulties are usually measured via altitude, geo-structure and duration of the trekking.Everest Base Camp and Gokyo Lake Trek comprises high altitude trek with a walk on uneven part ofEarth for several days. Therefore it is highly challenging and needs good fitness with endurance capacity.
Elevation and Acclimatization
Kathmandu is at 1,300m and you will reach above 5,000m at different point of trek. Throughout the trek, you will rise 500m – 700m altitude walking 6 to 8 hours each day. If you are not seasonal trekker, it can be very to your body to adopt the thin atmosphere (due to increased elevation). Always acclimatize your body and walk on slow pace to adjust your body at high elevation.
Weather & Temperature
The unpredictable weather of Everest region is one of the most crucial factors than make your trek even more taxing. Always check the weather and consult local before heading for Cho La Pass. A well-experienced guide is always helpful.
How to deal with the difficulty in Everest Base Camp and Gokyo Lake Trekking?
In general, Everest Base Camp and Gokyo Lake Trekking is not that difficult if you follow some advice,
The major problem of this trek is AMS (Acute Mountain Sickness) and the unpredictable harsh weather.
Not to worry, the heli rescue service is readily available in case of any emergency situations.
Follow the following instruction to reduce the difficulties of trek:
1, Check your health at least two times a day
2, Listen the calls of your body: only head forwards when your body is fully prepared
3, Be sure to schedule enough acclimatization days
4, Stay hydrate: drink at least 3 liters water each day
5, Pack all the necessary gears: especially – warm gears, trekking poles and crampons ( you might
need it if approaches on pass are full of snows and ice)
6, Comprehensive Medical Kits (consult your guide or travel companies)
18 Days Everest Base camp & Gokyo lake Trekking Itinerary
Day 01:- Arrival in Kathmandu. Our representative will meet you at the airport and transfer to hotel.
Day 02:-Take morning flight from Kathmandu to Lukla (2,830 m.) and trek to Phakding (2,640 m., 4-hour trek).
Day 03:- Trek from Phakding to Namche Bazaar (3,440 m., 5-hour trek).
Day 04:- Rest day at Namche Bazaar for acclimatization and excursion.
Day 05:- Trek from Namche Bazaar to Tengboche ( 3800) m., 6-hour trek).
Day 05:- Trek from Tengboche to Dingboche (4,260 m., 5-hour trek).
Day 06:- Rest Day At Dingboche
Day 07:- Trek from Dingboche to Lobuche . (4930m) 5 hour
Day 07:- Trek from Lobuche to Gorakshep (5100m) EBC ( 5356m) and Returned Gorakshep ( 7 hour)
Day 08:- Gorakshep to Kalapather -(5545m) Trek to Dzongla (4830m) 5 hour
Day 10:- Trek from Dzongla to Thangna ( 4700m, 5 hour
Day 11:- Trek from Thangna to Gokyo Lake (4490m) 4 Hour
Day 12:- Climb to Gokyo ri (5357 m) and Back to Dole (4110 m) 6 hour
Day 13:- Trek from Dole to Namche Bazzar ( 3440 m ) 5 hour
Day 14:- Trek from Namche Bazaar to Lukla (2,800 m., 6-hours)
Day 15:- Lukla to Kathmandu by flight
Day 16:- Free day, in case of flight cancellation from Lukla
Day 17:- Transfer to the airport and departure from Nepal
- Airport Transfer (Airport- Hotel – Airport) .
- Hotel in Kathmandu: 3 nights hotel in Kathmandu. The Hotel is very Clean, 24 Hour Hot Shower, Breakfast, free WI-FI
- Meals: Daily 3 Times Meals During The Trekking, (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner)
- Trekking permit: Everest Conservation fees, TIMS card and Local Tax
- Domestic flight Ticket from Kathmandu to Lukla to Kathmandu. ( weight limit is 12 kg and 5 kg hand carry)
- Accommodation in Trekking: 14 Night twin sharing tea house/lodge accommodation.
- Trekking Guide; An experienced, helpful, friendly, and English speaking trekking guide (including his well-paid salary, insurance, meals, drinks, accommodation, transportation, flight, etc.)
- Trekking Porter: Carry your bag pack. A Strong Sherpa Porter, everything for him.
Arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service which will be paid by your Travel insurance company.
- Company Duffel Bag if needed.
- Everest Base camp and Chola pass Map
- Company T-shirt
- Medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- All Government Taxes and Service Charge.
- International Airfare and Nepal entry visa fee
- Personal travel insurance.
- All bar bills and personal expenses (phone call, laundry service, battery recharge, bottle of water, hot water, hot/cold shower, tea, coffee etc.)
- Tips for guide and porter.
Everest Base camp & Gokyo lake Trekking Cost:
$ 1600 for 1 people
$ 1450 for 2 people group
$ 1380 for 3, 4 people group
More People: Contact Us
Departure: Any Date on Request
Have A Question?
Call Us -: whats App: +977-9841273869
Email Us: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Arrival in Kathmandu. Our representative will meet you at the airport and transfer to hotel.
- Take morning flight from Kathmandu to Lukla (2,830 m.) and trek to Phakding (2,640 m., 4-hour trek).
- Trek from Phakding to Namche Bazaar (3,440 m., 5-hour trek).
- Rest day at Namche Bazaar for acclimatization and excursion.
- Trek from Namche Bazaar to Tengboche ( 3800) m., 6-hour trek).
- Trek from Tengboche to Dingboche (4,260 m., 5-hour trek).
- Rest Day At Dingboche
- Trek from Dingboche to Lobuche . (4930m) 5 hour
- Trek from Lobuche to Gorakshep (5100m) EBC ( 5356m) and Returned Gorakshep ( 7 hour)
- Gorakshep to Kalapather -(5545m) Trek to Dzongla (4830m) 5 hour
- Trek from Dzongla to Thangna ( 4700m, 5 hour
- Trek from Thangna to Gokyo Lake (4490m) 4 Hour
- Climb to Gokyo ri (5357 m) and Back to Dole (4110 m) 6 hour
- Trek from Dole to Namche Bazzar ( 3440 m ) 5 hour
- Trek from Namche Bazaar to Lukla (2,800 m., 6-hours)
- Lukla to Kahtmandu by flight
- Free day, in case of flight cancellation from Lukla
- Transfer to the airport and departure from Nepal
- Arrival in Kathmandu (1,396 m.)After completion of passport, immigration and visa formalities, we will meet you outside the terminal hall (look out for you name on display board) and transfer you to hotel: 25 minutes. Evening: enjoy welcome dinner, introduction to your trek guide and check necessities. Overnight in Kathmandu Included Meals: Dinner
- Take morning flight from Kathmandu to Lukla (2,830 m.) and trek to Phakding (2,640 m., 4-hour trek).After breakfast, you along with your trek crew will drive to the domestic airport for the flight to Lukla – lower reaches of Khumbu region. Meet your local porter and start trekking along Dudh Koshi to Cheplung (2,700m) and Ghat (2,530m). Next one hour of pleasant walk takes us to the small village of Phakding. Overnight in Phakding Included Meals: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
- Trek from Phakding to Namche Bazaar (3,440 m., 6-hour trek)Today we will walk through the pine forest along the Dudh Koshi and cross tributaries to the Sherpa village of Benkar (2,710m), Chumoa (2,820m), Mono (2,840m) and Jorsale (2,830m). Here we will get our permits checked. Enjoy the view of Thamserku (6,618m) right to the east of the village. Follow the river to its juncture with the Bhote Koshi River – the major river flowing from Upper Khumbu. Then rise steeply to cross Tenzing-Hilary Bridge. Here we will get the first glimpse of Everest and the Nuptse-Lhotse ridge. Further 3 hours of forested climb leads us to the administrative hub at Namche Bazaar. Overnight in Namche Bazaar Included Meals: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
- Rest at Namche Bazaar.This first scheduled acclimatization day on the trek. Mountain expert suggests at least a 24 hours rest period to acclimatize your body at thin atmosphere. Stay active: Climb high and sleep low. Explore one of the highest restaurant, bakeries, cyber cafes plus colorful market (Friday evening and Saturday morning) at Namche. Also walk to Sagarmatha National Park visitor center to get the informative displays on Sherpa culture and local flora & fauna. Also, a hike to Khumjung village (3,870m) offers a deeper insight of Sherpa’s life than Namche. Spend a morning hike to the village and visit Hilary school and Khumjung Monastery which houses a scalp of Yeti. Then make a circular trek to Namche with a visit to Everest view hotel (3,880m). Overnight in Namche Bazaar Included Meals: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
- Trek from Namche Bazzar to Tengboche (3,800 m., 5-hour trek)Today we start our day with a quick climb followed by a flat trail to reach Kyanjuma. Then we walk downhill until Phunki Tenga and cross the Dudh Koshi River to make a final climb to Tengboche Monastery, the most significant monastery in the region. Overnight in Tengboche Included Meals: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
- Trek from Tengboche to Dingboche (4,200 m., 5-hour trek) After breakfast, we walk through the dense forest of the Imja Valley. As we gain elevation, the views get even better and clearer. We walk up to Pangboche (3,985m) which houses an ancient monastery that dates back to the time when Buddhism was evolved. Further walk takes us to the picturesque walled village of Dingboche. You can discover wall protecting the crops from icy winds and grazing yaks. Buckwheat and potatoes are major crops grown in short-growing seasons. Overnight in Dingboche Included Meals: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
- Acclimation day in Dingboche. This is second scheduled acclimatization of the trip. You can either explore Dingboche on your own or take an optional hike to Chhukung (4,750m) and Namgkartshang Peak (5,083m). Namgkarshang Gompa Peak offers the great view of Nuptse Glacier, Chhukung Ri (4,230m, which masks Lhotse’s glaciers) and Imja Tse (6,189m). Further to the east, along Mahalangur range, is magnificent Makalu (8,463m). To the south, is Amphu Lapcha’s flutted ridge (5,845m) and great Ama Dablam’s north face and glaciers. Retrace back to Dingboche. Overnight in Dingboche Included Meals: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
- Trek from Dingboche to Lobuche (4,920 m., 5-hour trek).A difficult starts with a gradual climb to Dughla, where we stop for quick lunch, It will be an early lunch today as we do not have other options until Lobuche. A steep uphill climb from Duglha takes us to the large memorial stone piles built in the memorials of famous mountaineers and Sherpas who lost their life during Everest expedition. Enter the Khumbu Glacier are and follow the trail that leads us to Lobuche (4,910m). Overnight in LobucheIncluded Meals: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
- Trek from Lobuche to Gorak Shep (5,170 m.) continue to Everest Base Camp and back to Gork Shep (5,356 m., 8-hour trek)The first part of trail takes us to the last settlement of Khumbu – Gorakshep via the Khumbu Glacier. Take off your bags and enjoy lunch at Gorakshep before continuing your trip to Everest Base Camp (5,364m). The trail goes through rock strewn landscapes, moraines, streams and glaciers. Eventually we reach Everest Base camp nestled amidst of Khumbu glacier and Himalayas. Retrace your step back to Gorakshep for overnight stay. Overnight in Gorakshep Included Meals: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
- Hike to Kalapathar (5,545 m.) and Trek to Dzongla (4830m) 5 hour. An early start is needed to avoid mid-morning clouds. Clamber to the summit of Kalapatthar for exceptional 360 degree view of some of the highest peaks in the world – Mt. Everest, (8,848m), Mt. Lhotse (8,516m), Mt. Nuptse (7,861m), Mt. Pumori (7,161m) and Mt. Ama Dablam (6,812m). Also gaze countless other smaller peaks as well as Khumbu Icefall and the massive Khumbu Glacier. After some moments, retrace your steps back to Lobuche (4,940m) for lunch. Grab your stuffs from hotel and descend the moraine before following the trial around the Awi Peak and Cholatse valley. Head northeast along Cho La Tsho to reach Dzongla. Overnight in Dzongla Included Meals: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
- Trek from Dzongla to Thangna ( 4700m, 5 hour via Cho La (5,420m/17,780ft) – 6 – 7 hours.From Dzongla, the trial follows the narrow and boulder strewn valley towards the steep rock face. Then about 600m climb starts with an adventurous scramble up boulders to the low point of the ridge beyond which is snout of impressive Cho La Glacier. The trail then veer gradually west and climbs to the flag bedecked pass of Chola. Summit offers incredible Himalayan panorama. To the west Kyajo Ri and Pharilapche stand amidst of other peaks. To the north is massif Mahalangur range – extending from Cho Oyu – Ngozumpa II and I – Ghaychung Kang – Ngozumpa peaks. To the southeast is impressive Choatse and Ama Dablam. The descending trail to Tagna needs causation as the path is steeply downhill and comprise scree slopes and ice on the approaches. Sporadic cairns marks a route. Beyond that, the trail drops down through grassy slopes to the summer village of Thangna above Ngozumpa Glacier. Overnight in ThangnaIncluded Meals: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
- Trek from Thangna to Gokyo Lake (4490m) 4 Hour.Below the village is kilometer wide, rubble-covered Ngozumpa Glacier, Nepal’s longest glacier. We climb to the its rim and follow the trail that gradually climbs down towards the grey rubble-covered ice (which slows melting). You will notice cairns along the route before crossing the ice and ascend the western bank. Dudh Pokhari and Gokyo come into view with magnificent Cho Oyu on the backdrop.We walk north of the village towards Cho Oyu. The trail rises gradually for about one and half hour the largest six’th lakes; ThonakTsho. Further continue to NgozumpaTsho and Scoundrel’s viewpoint on a low hill. This viewpoint presents closer view of Cho-Oyu, Ghyanchung Kang, Everest, Lhotse and Nuptse. Return back to Gokyo village located at the edge of third lake. Overnight in Gokyo Village Included Meals: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
- Climb to Gokyo ri (5357 m) and Back to Dole (4110 m) 6 hourA pre-dawn start is needed to ensure the sunrise over the Himalayas. The trail to the Gokyo Ri starts with a short hike around the lake. It takes 2 – 3 hours to reach the summit. From top, we get the unforgettable vistas of the Mahalangur Himal that includes Cho Oyu (8,201m), Ghyachyng Kang (7,952m), Everest (8,848m), Lhotse 98,516m), Nuptse (7,861m) and Makalu (8,463m). After breakfast, we climb down on a trail along the Dudh Koshi River and pass the first Gokyo Lakes. On the way, we get to enjoy magnificent views of Cholatse and Taboche peaks. The trail climbs down before climbing a hill. Once we reach the chorten at the edge, we get to admire the magnificent views of Thamserku, Cho Oyu and Kangtega mountains. We cross Machhermo, Luza and Lhafarma village before reaching the warm village of Dole. Overnight in DoleIncluded Meals: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
- Trek from Dole to Namche Bazzar (3440 m) 5 hour Today we climb down on a steep trail to Phortse Thanga enjoying rhododendron, wildflowers and waterfalls. Lookout for Himalayan wildlife – mountain goats, musk deer, pheasant (national bird of Nepal). Once at Mong, we can admire a great views of Khumbila peak. On our way to Namche, we get the good view of Taboche, Ama Dablam, Thamserku and Kangtega mountains. Few moments later, we reach the intersection where the trail from Sanasa meets our trail. We walk on a trail that swings to a forested slope beyond Kyangjuma. After reaching Namche Army Camp hill, we look back to see Lhotse, the summit of Everest and Tengboche for last time. About a kilometer from here is Namche Bazaar. Overnight in Namche Bazaar Included Meals: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
- Trek from Namche Bazaar to Lukla (2,800 m., 6-hours)Today we descend on a rocky trail and cross several suspension multiple times before walking on a fair-trail. The air gets warmer as we descend down to comfortable altitude. The trek concludes at Lukla: here your porters will take their leave. Overnight in LuklaIncluded Meals: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
- Lukla to Kathmandu by flightAfter early morning breakfast, we take a return flight back to Kathmandu. Once at Kathmandu, Adventure Great Himalaya’s representative will transfer you back to the hotel. Rest of day free. Overnight in Kathmandu Included Meals: Breakfast
- Free day in case of flight cancellation from Lukla This day is usually used as a contingency day in the event of bad weather preventing the flight. If the flight runs on scheduled day, you can either visit the living heritage of city or depart from Kathmandu. Overnight in Kathmandu Included Meals: Breakfast
- Transfer to the airport and departure from Nepal to your destination Departing day means boarding your flight back home where you can tell your amazing stories to your family and friends.
- All Airport Transfer (Airport – Hotel – Airport)
- Hotel in Kathmandu: 3 nights at 2, 3 star hotel in Kathmandu, including breakfast, Free Wi-Fi , 24 Hour Hot Water, TV, Air condition/ Heater
- Trekking Permit: Necessary All Trekking Permit and company paperwork.
- Domestic flight Ticket: (KTM-LUK-KTM) Limit weight is 16 kg per person.
- Trekking Guide: An experienced, helpful, friendly, and Good English speaking trekking guide (including his well-paid salary, meals, drinks, accommodation, transportation, and guide’s flight etc.) He is fully insured and well-equipment
- Trekking Porter: Carry your bag pack. a Strong Sherpa Porter and everything for him
- Meals:- 3 Meals a day during the trekking ( Breakfast, Lunch, dinner)
- All Lodge Accommodation & Breakfast : 11 Night Twin Sharing Lodge to lodge Accommodation & Breakfast during the trek
- Trekking Equipment: Sleeping bag, Down Jacket,walking poles
- Everest Trekking map,Walking Poles if needed.
- Company T-Shirt, Duffel Bag
- Medical supplies (first aid kit will be available)
- All Government Taxes and Service charge.
- Welcome or Farewell Dinner in Nepalese Cultural Restaurant.
- International Air fair and Nepal entry visa fee
- Travel insurance and emergency rescue evacuation.
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu
- All bar bills , Personal Expenses
- Hot and bottle of drinks, Hot shower, WI-Fi
- Additional cost by out of management control due to bad weather condition, illness, change of government policies, strikes, and physical condition etc