Tamang Heritage Trek – 6 Days
Trekking Duration : 6 Days
Maximum Elevation : 3165 meter
Grade : Easy, Modrate
Trek Start / End : Shyabrubesi
Best Season : Automn / Spring
Group Size : 2-18
Tamang Heritage Trek is an exciting adventure that takes you on a cultural tour of ethnic settlements in the Langtang region. The recently developed trail passes through beautiful and diverse Himalayan landscapes. This short trek is only 5 days and is also popular as a side trek while taking the Langtang Valley Trek.
The Tamang community are mountain dwellers of the Langtang region. This community is highly influenced by Tibetan culture and lifestyle and practices Tibetan Buddhism. People of this community are generally farmers and also trade for a living. The incredible hospitality of these local people will make you fall in love with the place.
You will start this trek with a scenic drive from Kathmandu valley to Syabrubesi. The trail then takes you to Gatlang and Tatopani where you can relax in the natural hot spring. You will then leave Tatopani and pass through the settlements of Thuman and Briddim. The trail then arrives at Syabrubesi from where you will return to Kathmandu.
The trekkers can explore Buddhist monasteries with ancient architecture, reflecting Tibetan culture. The trail also provides you with magnificent views of Ganesh Himal, Dorje Lakpa, Langtang Lirung, Shringi Himal, and others. You will walk past beautiful rhododendron flowers, oaks, and pine trees and can also spot rare and endangered wildlife.
Langtang region lies in close proximity to the capital city of Kathmandu. Hence, this trek is an ideal getaway from the urban lifestyle of Kathmandu for a short duration. If you are someone who is interested in learning about various cultures then this outstanding trek is ideal for you.
Tamang Heritage Trek 6 Days is a budget-friendly trek that makes it ideal for backpackers and those who have a short time on their schedule. It is a unique trekking package that focuses on the culture, heritage, and lifestyle of the Tamang Community. This trip in the wilderness of nature is an adventure of a lifetime. So, what are you waiting for? Read our detailed itinerary and book your trip now!
- Kathmandu to Syabrubesi Drive (1467m), 7hrs.
- Syabrubesi to Gatlang Trek (2563m.) 6 hrs.
- Gatlang to Tatopani Trek (2600m.) 6 hrs.
- Tatopani to Thuman Via Nagthai (2338m.) 5 hrs.
- Thuman to Bridim (2240m, 5 Hrs)
- Bridim to Syabru Bensi (1467 m.), 3 hrs.
- All Permit and Company necessary paper works
- Your standard meals during the Trek (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner)
- All Ground transportation by Private Jeep from Kathmandu to Sybru Bensi and returned to Kathmandu
- All accommodations in lodges/tea houses during the treks.
- An experienced, helpful, friendly and English speaking Trekking guide , everything for him like his
- Trekking Porter ( One porter between 2 guest) . their food, accommodation and well paid salary.
- Arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service which will be paid by your Travel insurance company.
- Trekking equipment: Sleeping bag, down jackets, Duffel bag and walking stick, if necessary.
- Adventure Certificate.
- Medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- Service charge.
- International Airfair and Nepal entry visa fee (you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport Kathmandu).
- Travel insurance.Emergency rescue Evacuation
- Hotel and Meals in Kathmandu
- All the bar bills like coke, beer, bottle of water, hot water etc.
- Tips for the guide and porter.