langtang & Tamang Heritage Trek
langtang & Tamang Heritage Trek is to explore and experience Tamang culture and heritage near Tibetan border through Langtang Valley. The trek is to get untouched cultural practice of Tibetan originated people. The Trekking destination from Kathmandu gives ample opportunity to explore previously restricted area which is recently opened as Tamang Heritage Trail.
langtang Tamang Heritage Trek offers close glimpse to culture and lifestyle of Tamang Community, residing at the lap of Langtang Himalaya range. The Tamang Heritage Trail also provides you an opportunity to contribute on economic benefit to the local community.
Lying just north of Kathmandu valley, Tamang Heritage Trail is the most accessible mountain trek in Nepal. Throughout the trek, you will take on a huge variety of terrain, passing through peaceful woodlands, traditional terraced farmland, following the contours of stunning hills and mountains in remote area of Langtang valley.
Langtang region is blessed with exotic rhododendron and bamboo forests, majestic waterfalls, snow-clad peaks and many turquoise-tinted lakes, showcasing the true serenity of the Himalayan scenery.
The Tamang People are the originally descendants of Tibetan who came Nepal as a horse trader and settled in the hilly parts of Nepal. This ethnic group has able to retain its ancient tradition; which can be closely observed from daily lifestyle. Their intriguing hospitality, traditional houses, ancient monasteries and Gompas fascinates you throughout the trip.
This challenging but rewarding trek starts after a drive from Kathmandu to Syabrubensi. From Syabrubensi, we start each day trekking along the stony path; twisting and winding our way through rugged mountains.
Tamang Heritage Trek Highlights
- Tamang Heritage Trek is all about community. You will trek from one village to another rather than tea house built specially for the trekking route. This really provides an opportunity to get in-depth knowledge about remote lifestyle of people living in mountains
- After devastating earthquake, everything have changed. Your visit indeed helps to change the lifestyle of local community
- You will stay overnight with local family in Briddim which offers an opportunity to share stories, learn local cooking method and sleep in a comfortable wooden home
- You will climb uphill to explore 100 years old monastery in Gatlang village and then walk to Parvati Kunda, the sacred lake worshipped for the powers of fertility
- On the forest trail, from Thaman to Brimdang, you will possibly pass through exotic wildlife including fascinating troops of Grey Langur Monkeys
- You will get opportunity to learn the culture and landscape of Himalaya through the briefing our local leader and their assistants and porters.
- You will experience complete solitude as the Tamang Heritage Trail is very less-crowded compared to other trekking destination of Nepal
- Apart from cultural insight, you will get the up-close of view of gigantic Himalayan range including – Ganesh, Langtang and Gosainkunda range
What to expect during Tamang Heritage Trek?
- You will be walking for 6 – 7 hours a day on rugged mountain terrain and at altitude over 4,000m. We suggest you to follow the guidance of your trek leader and be aware of the signs and symptoms of altitude
- The rigorous mountain trail with series of ups and downs is sure to test your strength and endurance capacity. So train yourself few weeks prior the trip to enjoy the trek at fullest.
- On this trek, you will be walking off the mainstream trail. Don’t expect high touristic accommodation, foods and services. However, the homestays and teahouse on the trail will satisfy your basis expectation.
- At Gatlang, Thuman, Briddim & Syabrubensi, you will be offered with a hot showers and running water (solar/gas energy). But at other place, all you get is a simple bucket shower. Also be aware that toilets are local squat-style and it is very hard to find attached in any home stay or tea house to stay in
- You will find very hard to communicate with locals; if you don’t hire a local guide. Very few people understands and can communicate in English
- In spring, the entire trail will be endowed with blooming rhododendron and other wild flowers
Cost Include/ Exclude
- Airport/ Hotel/ Airport Transportation
- Two Nights standard Hotel in Katmandu including Breakfast.
- Your standard meals during the Trek (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner)
- All Permit and Company necessary paper works
- All Ground transportation by Private Jeep from Kathmandu to Sybru Bensi and returned to Kathmandu
- All accommodations in lodges/tea houses during the treks.
- An experienced, helpful, friendly and English speaking Trekking guide , everything for him like his
- Trekking Porter ( One porter between 2 guest) . their food, accommodation and well paid salary.
- Arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service which will be paid by your Travel insurance company.
- Trekking equipment: Sleeping bag, down jackets, Duffel bag and walking stick, if necessary.
- Adventure Certificate.
- Medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- Service charge.
- Nepal entry visa fee (you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport Kathmandu).
- Travel insurance.Emergency rescue Evacuation
- Lunch Dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- All the bar bills like coke, beer, bottle of water, hot water etc.
- International airfare
- Tips for the guide and porter.