Everest Base Camp Trek 14 Days journey Follow the footsteps of legends to the foot of world’s highest peak: a true symbol of challenge and adventure. Everest’s daunting peak is so high that trekking to its base camp is itself an adrenaline pump. Many trekkers refer this journey as “the step to heaven”; every twist and turn on a trail provides new photographic opportunities.
The classic Everest Base Camp Trek ( EBC Trek) 14 days starts and ends in Kathmandu. A pre-trip discussion in Kathmandu is followed by a short trans-Himalayan flight to Lukla – the actual starting point of trek. Spend several days walking around Gumbas, billowing prayer flags, magical forest and imposing snowy peaks; and evenings in local tea houses offering warm hospitality and delicious local cuisine.
14 days Everest Base Camp Trekking itinerary is designed to minimize AMS risk by limiting daily gain in altitude and scheduling acclimatization period. We will acclimatize at Namche Bazaar: explore town and hike to Khumjung for traditional view of Sherpa culture.
Further hike to the hilltop village of Tengboche and explore the monastery nestled against the backdrop of Ama Dablam. Continue through Pangboche to Dingboche; from here, the temperature drops significantly and tree line gives way to alpine scrub; then rock and snow. After a night at Lobuche, hike to Gorkashep (the highest settlement) for lunch and walk along the glacier to the Base Camp. Gaze the fabled Khumbu Ice Fall; ancient Khumbu glacier and jagged peaks from Base Camp.
A per-sunrise climb to Kalapatthar ensures an unobstructed view of Everest’s windblown summit, the South Col, Nuptse and
the lower glacier.The easier four days downhill hike uses an alternative lower route and overnight in different villages.
Highlights of 14 Days Everest Base Camp Trek
- An early morning adrenaline flight from Kathmandu to the well-famed Lukla Airport.
- Panoramic view of the Mahalangur Himalayan range
- Experience the ancient Sherpa culture and their lifestyle
- Walkthrough dense forest and lush vegetation
- Beautiful view of the incredible valleys surrounded by the astounding Himalayas
- Most beautiful sunrise view from Kalapatthar
- A clear sky full of stars at night
- Experience calming Buddhist chanting at the infamous Tengboche Monastery
(Mid-September – Mid-December) in autumn and (March – May) in spring are the best time of the year for Everest Base Camp Trek. The weather tends to remain stable with great views but nights are cold and can drop down to freezing in higher elevation. Pack sleeping bag for extra warmth.
Winter (December – February) is also favorable for EBC trek, the only issue is cold and snow. Get prepared to tackle the challenges: pack all the essential winter stuffs.
Trekking Everest in Summer (June – July) is highly affected by rain but it could be paradise for keen botanist. There is high risk of landslide, flood and avalanche in Everest region: better don’t trek EBC in
14 Days EBC Trek Difficulty
With good preparation and self-determination, the average weekend hikers can complete this trek comfortably. The first thing you need to know is that the trek does not requires technical skills: it is basically a long walk with numbers of ups and downs.
However, there are some factors that make it really difficult. Altitude is the prime thing you need to consider while trekking on EBC trial. Mountain sickness is common on route; so, acclimatize your body properly before making another gain in altitude. Also stay hydrated and walk on gradual pace.
The second factor is its length. The 65km (one way) long trail with countless steep sections create
challenges for novice. But with proper rest and slow pace, the distance might not bother you.
Everest Base Camp Trek -14 Days Itinerary
Day 01 – Arrive In Kathmandu
Day 02 – Drive to Ramechap (4 Hour) – Fly Lukla ( 15 Minuit) Then Trekking to Phakding, 3 Hour
Day 03 – Trekking to Namche Bazzr , 6 Hour
Day 04- Acclimatization Day
Day 05- Trekking to Tengboche , 5 Hour
Day 06 – Trekking to Dingboche , 5 Hour
Day 07 – Free and Acclimatization Day
Day 08 – Trekking to Lobuche, 5 Hour
Day 09 – Trekking to Base Camp and Back to Goraksheph , 7 Hour
Day 10 – Climbing Kalapatthar and Trek Back to Phirinche , 7 Hour
Day 11 – Trek Back to Namchhe , 6 Hour
Day 12 – Trek Back Lukla -6 Hour
Day 13 – Fly to Ramechhap and Drive back Kathmandu
Day 14 – Departure from Nepal
14 Days EBC Trek Detail Itinerary
Cost Include / Exclude
- All Airport Transfer (Airport – Hotel – Airport)
- All Ground Transportation as per itinerary
- 2 Nights Hotel In Kathmandu including Breakfast
- Accommodation in Mountain : and 11 Night lodge accommodation in trekking
- All The Trekking Permit & company paperwork.
- Meals during the trip – 3 Meals a Day during the trip, (12 Breakfast, 11 Lunch, 11 dinner)
- Domestic flight Ticket, (Kathmandu to Lukla and return Kathmandu) Luggage weight is 10 kg and Hand Carry 5 Kg per person.
- Trekking Guide – An experienced , helpful and English speaking Tour Guide
- Trekking porter – Carry your luggage, One porter for 2 members
- Guide , Porter insurance, Meals, Accommodation and well paid salary
- Trekking Equipment: Sleeping bag, Down Jacket,walking poles
- Company T-Shirt, Duffel Bag
- Medical supplies (first aid kit will be available)
- All Government Taxes and Service charge.
- International Air fair and Nepal entry visa fee
- Travel insurance and emergency rescue evacuation.
- The entire bar bills like coke, beer, Hot shower,
- All the Hot and Bottle Drinks
- Wi-Fi , Electronic Device re-Charge
- Additional cost by out of management control due to bad weather condition, illness, change of government policies, strikes, and physical condition etc
More Trip Info
You May obtain easily on Arrival Visa in Tribhuwan International Airport, In Kathmandu Nepal. The 15 days tourist visa cost you $ 30 and $ 50 for a Month Visa.
Everest Base camp Trekking Permit
we will take care all necessary trekking permit and company paper work however, For the Everest Base Camp Trekking , required 3 different Permit, They are Sagarmatha national park fees-$ 30, Khumbu Local Government Tax -$ 20 and TIMs permit $ 10,
About Lukla Flight
there are 3 airline company operate daily flight to lukla. They are Tara air, Sita Air and Goma Air. The Flights operates from 6:15 AM onwards till 12 AM in the morning. And the flight to lukla / Kathmandu is high chance to cancel due to bad weather, it can be happened even in high season, encase cancel your flight, there are option taking helicopter. A helicopter can carry 4 or 5 people It cost $ 350 to 500 per person. Any way Adventure Great Himalaya will book early flight if you book your trek earlier with us.
Lukla Flight Weight Limit
They Have limit weight flight o Lukla, you can take main luggage is 10kg. For hand luggage it is between 6-8kg
Hotel and Lodge Accommodation
Adventure Great Himalaya will accommodate you 2 nights at 3 star hotels in Kathmandu and twin sharing basis tea house while in trekking. During the trek in some place, we will arrange the rooms with attachment bath. There are luxury lodge also available by paying extra cost.
Meals in Everest Base camp trek
if you take full board package trek, we will be providing Welcome or farewell dinner in Kathmandu and ( Breakfast, Lunch, Diner ) while in Trekking . you can have chosen any meals as you like. There are a variety of options from typical Nepali dal-bhat, soups, snacks, momos, fried rice, to Chinese and continental dishes like noodles, spaghetti, spring rolls, and steak. The breakfast and, dinner will be serve in the lodge where we spend night in the lodge and Lunch will be on the way in our destination
How Much Tips for Guide and Porter.
10% of the cost of your trek is the average tips to given your guides and porters; It is kind and respectful amount to pay to your team. You can pay any amount above the minimum as per your service and satisfaction level.
How to book this trek?
When you confirmed or booking the trip, required to paying 25% trip deposit along the copy of passport. After receive it we will send final confirmation letter. Click below link for Booking Terms & Condition
Booking Terms and Condition