Important Notice For Visa Application: Tourist Visa Tourist who intends to visit Nepal must hold valid passport and visa.
You’ll need a visa to enter Nepal. You can obtain a visa at the Nepal embassy or consulate in your home country or you can get one on arrival at Kathmandu’s Tribhuvan International airport or at any road border. If you plan to stay longer than the duration of your initial 60-day visa, you’ll need to apply for a visa extension. The standard Nepali visa is valid for three months from the date of issue, so if you are getting yours before you leave home, don’t apply too early, or it will expire before you want it to! Children under 10 years do not require a visa.
How to Access Nepal?
There are two ways to enter Nepal , by air and by road. The air journey is more easy and comfortable than by road. Almost 90 percent of the tourists enter through the Tribhuvan International Airport which is 5 miles or 8 kilometeres from the heart of Kathmandu.
Entry Point To Nepal
Tourist entry visa can be obtained for the following duration from Royal Nepalese Embassy or Consulate or other mission offices or at the following immigration offices in Nepal.
1. Immigration Office, Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu
2. Immigration Office, Kakarvitta, Jhapa (Eastern Nepal)
3. Immigration Office, Birganj, Parsa (Central Nepal)
4. Immigration Office, Kodari, Sindhupalchowk (Northern Border)
5. Immigration Office, Belahia, Bhairahawa (Rupandehi, Western Nepal)
6. Immigration Office, Jamunaha, Nepalgunj (Banke, Mid Western Nepal)
7. Immigration Office, Mohana, Dhangadhi (Kailali, Far Western Nepal)
8. Immigration Office, Gadda Chauki, Mahendranagar (Kanchanpur, Far Western Nepal)
Nepal Visa Fees
On Arrival Visa
15 Days – 30 USD
30 Days – 50 USD
90 Days – 100 USD
Note: For the Paying to Visa Fees, we Suggest you to carry some cash to be on the safe side.
Tourist visa extension
A tourist visa can be extended up to 120 days from the Department of Immigration in Kathmandu and Pokhara Immigration Office on request. Thereafter an additional 30 days can be extended from Department of Immigration ensuring that tourist visa cannot be extended more than 150 days.