We have projected Everest Base camp trek 12 Days package from Lukla To Lukla. This 12 Days Everest Base Camp Trekking journey starts from Lukla after 35 Minuit flight from Kathmandu and hike up to KalaPattar reaching at an altitude of 5,500m from where awe-inspiring views of Mount Everest and several peaks close to your eye level. The final destination is the base camp of Mt Everest. (5356m) where the all climbing starts to scale the world’s highest peak.This 12 days Everest base camp itinerary is hike rapidly to go base camp without any acclimation day .
The EBC Trek 12 days leads you through the Khumbu Valley and follows the footsteps of Sir Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norge Sherpa. While trekking through the exciting routes, you can experience the immense beauty of the surround World Heritage Site Sagarmatha National Park, outstanding breath-taking vistas of 4 highest peaks in the world. Also you will experience the various Buddhist monasteries, Sherpa culture steeped in history and tradition.
Highlights of Everest Base Camp Trek 12 days
- Picturesque view of towering snow peaks such as Mt. Everest, Lhotse, Ama Dablam, and Thamserku
- Overwhelming and informative tours of popular cultural sites
- Incredible places to visit like Namche Bazaar, Dingboche, and Kalapatthar
- Glimpses of the gently rolling hills, deep valleys, and gorges
- Two days acclimatization
- Explore unique traditions, cultures, and lifestyles of people in the Himalayas
- Chance to witness rare species of wild animals and birds, including snow leopard, marten, Impeyan pheasant, and red-billed chough
- Trek through Sagarmatha National Park
Everest Base camp Trek ( EBC Trek) -12 Days Itinerary
Day 01: Take morning flight from Kathmandu to Lukla (2,830 m.) and trek to Phakding (2,640 m., 4-hour trek).
Day 02: Trek From Phakding to Namche Bazzar. (3440m 5 hour)
Day 03: Acclimation Day In Namche
Day 04: Trek from Namche Bazaar to Tengboche (3,867 m., 5-hour trek).
Day 05: Trek from Tengboche to Dingboche (4,260 m., 5-hour trek).
Day 06: Acclimation Day
Day 07: Trek from Dingboche to Lobuche (4,930 m. 5-hour trek).
Day 08: Trek from Lobuche to Gorak Shep (5,170 m.) and continue to Everest Base Camp (5,364 m.,) and return to Gorakshep (6-hour trek).
Day 09: Early morning, hike to Kalapathar (5,545 m.,) and trek to Pheriche (4,240 m. 5-hour trek).
Day 10: Trek from Phireche to Namche Bazzar (3,467 m., 6-hour trek)
Day 11: Trek from Namche Bazaar to Lukla (2,800 m., 6-hour trek)
Day 12: Take flight from Lukla to Kathmandu.
Best time for Everest Base Camp Trek
Spring (March, April, May) and Autumn (September to early December) is the peak time for the 12 days Everest Base Camp trek. With warm days and chilly nights, the weather is unreal during the season. The temperature is rising in both seasons, but Autumn is slightly cooler than Spring.
Days are long and bright in Spring with extra hours of sunlight. Autumn has daylight for several hours as well, but it gets dark pretty quick in the evening. There’s a blast of cold wind in the air at the mountains in the season.
As the snow melts, spring flowers begin to blossom, making the entire valley beam. The sky is clearer than ever in Spring, making it easier to spot the sweeping landscapes, lofty hills, and mountains even from a distance. Meanwhile, Autumn delights visitors with the vivid bright fall foliage, glistening snow peaks, and steep-sided valleys.
Difficulties of Everest Base Camp Trek ( EBC Trek )12 Days
Everest Base Camp Trek is hands down one of the best hikes in the world. It has a moderate hiking trail, which can be navigated even by an amateur. Surely, the courses are long but with improved physical preparation, they can easily get it done. In our 12 days Everest base camp trek, you will have less chance of suffering from altitude sickness as we have arranged two days for acclimatization.
12 days Everest Base Camp Trek Route
The trails start at Lukla, one of the oldest Sherpa towns. It follows the steep hills off the mountainside and from the bank of Dudh Koshi River. The path takes an uphill climb with a few twists and turns to arrive at Phakding. From here, the trek continues its journey through Sagarmatha National Park and several remote villages.
Crossing the suspension bridge and walking past Jorsale, the trail makes a stop at Namche. Trekkers spend a day in the village to acclimatize and hike Everest Hotel View to have a pre-glimpse of Mt. Everest with Ama Dablam and Thamserku.
The trek from Namche to Tengboche is continuously upward for the first few hours. Once they climb the hill, the trail gets even with a level-ground walk up to Tengboche. Before heading to Dingboche on the next day of the trip, trekkers visit Tengboche monastery.
The walk from Tengboche starts with gently sloping downward, but after crossing the river, the trail gains an elevation once again. Trekkers spend most of their day climbing the route from the edge of the river valley.
They travel rugged hills and stone stairs which could take 6-7 hours. Nestled at 14,468 ft, Dingboche is another popular stop for hikers to adjust to the weather and temperature. To make the most of the day, they visit Chhukhung Valley, which offers a spectacular view of Island Peak, Cho Oyu, and Makalu.
As you finish the day at the village, the trek makes further progress by heading to Lobuche. The trails are rough and unpaved on this section, so it takes approximately 5-6 hours to arrive at the village.
The final push to Everest Base Camp begins with a walk over the loose rocks and boulders. The trail has a series of steep switchbacks which end at Gorakshep, a seasonal rural settlement. The trail continues to walk along the edge of the frozen glacier and onto the rocky hills with debris to reach Everest Base Camp.
Upon arrival at the camp, you’ll get a terrific shot of surrounding lofty hills, snow-capped mountains, glaciers, and icefalls. Stunning glimpses of Mt. Everest, Nuptse, Cho Oyu, and Ama Dablam can be witnessed from the base.
After the sightseeing, you retrace the steps back to Gorak Shep and stay overnight here. Early next morning, you’ll ascend the rocky hills of Kalapatthar to watch the beautiful sunrise view. After watching the shimmering mountains and snowy ridge, you’ll climb down the hills back to Gorak Shep and then to Pheriche.
Out of the Pheriche Village, the trail passes through a lush green forest filled with rhododendron and juniper, crossing the Imja River, the trail climbs down the hills and into the forest before arriving at Namche Bazaar.
Descend gently and meander through the rolling hills and alpine forests on the last day of the 12 days Everest base camp trek. Passing the rural settlements and down the hills, the trail ends at Lukla. At the town, we board the flight to return to the valley.
Not Satisfy This Package ? Interested Everest Base camp Luxury Lodge Trek
or Looking Budget Everest Everest Base camp Trek
- Take morning flight from Kathmandu to Lukla (2,830 m.) and trek to Phakding (2,640 m., 4-hour trek). Today we will take an amazing flight from Kathmandu to Lukla (2,827 m.) in the morning parallel to the huge Himalayan adjacent to Nepal and China. After 40 minutes, we will be landed in a runway and our caretaker will help us carry our belongings. Then we will walk down to the Dudh Kosi River, where we connect with the main path to Namche Bazaar. After moving all the way through the small area of Ghat (2550m), we will soon arrive at our tea house at Phakding.
- Trek from Phakding to Namche Bazaar (3,440 m., 6-hour trek) Today, we start from Phakding and walk across the river to trek all the way through the area of rhododendron, blue pine forest and more which is really superb experience especially during the spring. We go crossways to the Dudh Kosi at Benkar and take pleasure from the scenes of snow-topped mountains Kusum Kanguru (6,369 m.), Thamserku (6,623 m.) and so on. The way then becomes fairly difficult and includes a perpendicular climb to Namche Bazaar. You will now walk through upstream on flat land, on the bank, to the fusion point of the Dudh Koshi and Bhote Koshi rivers. After crossing one of the suspension bridges above the river, we will ascend to Namche Bazaar. We get the most amazing vivid opportunities of gigantic peaks -Everest, Lhotse, Nuptse, Ama Dablam, Taweche is visible. Overnight at hotel in Namche Bazaar.
- Acclimation In Namche Bazzar Today is your free day however our guide will take you short hike to sagarmatha nationapark where can see first Everest view and also hike up to Everest view hotel Khumjung.
- Trek from Namche Bazzar to Tengboche (3,800 m., 5-hour trek) We will today descend down through the Khumjung community and move to the major path to Everest at Shanasa. We will walk further to Trashinga and then move down to go across the Dudh Koshi at Phunkitenga (3,250 m.). In the daytime, it is a wide and vertical ascend through fir, black juniper, pine, rhododendron forest and reach Tengboche Monastery. Here we can see gigantic peaks AmaDablam, Kantega, Mount Everest etc. We stay at hotel in Tengboche tonight.
- Trek from Tengboche to Dingboche (4,200 m., 5-hour trek)
We will walk slightly down through the forest of birch, juniper, fir and rhododendron at Debuche. Here we only steady way up but due to the elevation we have to speed ourselves increasingly all the way through the day. After passing the Imja Khola, the trail heads to Pangboche where we can see the beautiful mountain of Ama Dablam. Then our route is to climb all the way through unwrapped alpine hillsides prior to another crossing of the Imja Khola and reach Dingboche.
- Acclimation Day this is our another acclimation day . today we will climb Nangkartshang Peak height of 4,900m. This acclimatization hike which should take approximately 2 hours to reach this elevation. Then, you will rest and enjoy the amazing views of Ama Dablam, Island Peak, Lhotse and the surrounding mountains.
- Trek from Dingboche to Lobuche (4,920 m., 5-hour trek). Today, we go away Pheriche and the trail goes up to the drain of the Khumbu. Then after an hour, the path mounts up to the Khumbu Glacier. Almost half of the climb to the moraine is Dughla. Moving ahead from Dughla the trail keeps on ascending steeply to the crest of the moraine. The path now moves on flat level on the west part of the moraine prior to arriving at Lobuche.
- Trek from Lobuche to Gorak Shep (5,170 m.) continue to Everest Base Camp and back to Gork Shep (5,356 m., 8-hour trek) We will trek towards Gorakshep today. From this place, we will walk up to Everest Base Camp, then return back to Gorakshep for staying overnight since we cannot find lodges at Everest Base Camp .
- Hike to Kalapathar (5,545 m.) and continue trekking to Pheriche (4,240 m. 5-hour trek).
Early morning, hike to the top of Kalapathar at 5,545 meters, this will be the highest spot of the adventure, offering incredible views of mountains with Mt. Everest at closest. After a great moment, we return to Gorakshep for breakfast and continue trek to Thugla, and downhill to Pheriche on windy valley for overnight stop.
- Trek from Pheriche to Namche Bazzar (3,450 m., 6-hour trek). Return journey much easier as the walk drops heights every few hours, walk downhill with few short ups to Pangboche and then to a bridge with two hours climb to Tengboche. Stop for lunch in Tengboche, then continue to Namche Bazzar. Over night at Namche Bazaar.
- Trek from Namche Bazaar to Lukla (2,840 m., 6-hour trek). Morning walk leads back to Phakding and from here back to Lukla with last and final climb of this fabulous adventure, on reaching Lukla, celebrate last night dinner with fellow trekkers and staff.
- Take flight from Lukla to Kathmandu
We will wake up early in the morning and get ready for the entrance of our plane for returning back to Kathmandu. Then, we will transfer back to our hotel. Remaining day to explore in Kathmandu, overnight at hotel in Kathmandu.
- Domestic Airport Transfer (Hotel / Airport – Hotel )
- Trekking Permit: Necessary All Trekking Permit and company paperwork.
- Domestic flight Ticket: (KTM-LUK-KTM) Limit weight is 16 kg per person.
- Trekking Guide: An experienced, helpful, friendly, and English speaking trekking guide (including his well-paid salary, insurance, meals, drinks, accommodation, transportation, and guide’s flight etc.)
- Trekking Porter : Carry your luggage ( one porter for two members).
- Meals during the trek: 3 times Meals a Day ( Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
- Accommodation in Trekking: 11 Night Twin Sharing Lodge to lodge Accommodation during the trek
- Arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service which will be paid by your Travel insurance company.
- Trekking Equipment: Sleeping bag and Down jacket. refundable after the trek.
- Oxe -Meter- To Check your oxygen saturation and heart rating
- Everest Trekking map,Walking Poles if needed.
- Company T-Shirt, Duffel Bag if needed.
- Medical supplies (first aid kit will be available)
- All Government Taxes and Service charge.
- International Air fair and Nepal entry visa fee
- Travel insurance and emergency rescue evacuation.
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu
- Hot and Bottle of Drinks
- Hot Shower
- Electronic device re-charge such as Mobile, Camera etc.
- Additional cost by out of management control due to bad weather condition, illness, change of government policies, strikes, and physical condition etc